RESALE POLICY CHANGE!

*Effective April 9, 2016, owners who purchase from parties other than directly through DVC will have their contracts restricted to owning the restroom areas of each unit, or the common restroom facilities of their home resort, and will be responsible for cleaning the aforementioned facilities.*
I'm a nurse - I've dealt with worse! Lol. :rotfl:

My comment to that is, good luck having a tour that is even close to that short. :rolleyes:
Well, DVC isn't going to do the whole handoff to the supervisor and jockey around with whatever sales price will get you to bite.

I've done the tour for members at Poly. Took about 30 min. Guide could easily give sales pitch on walk over and between showing bungalow and studio.

Maybe throw in a dole whip and the monorail to be on your way is right there.

It's only longer if you bite. And then, offer dinner at 'Ohana for the extra time if it results in a signed contract.

At the moment though, you have to be a member even to take the tour.

Last edited:
Just making a contact for each nonmember staying at DVC would go a long way.

I'm not an owner, but I've exchanged in probably a dozen times by now. Never, not once, have I gotten a phone call/voice message inviting me to speak with a Guide. That wouldn't be particularly intrusive, but it might generate real sales.

It's only longer if you bite.

LOL, well you must have gotten someone that has either been a guide a long time or they figured out quickly you had no interest in adding on because I hear reports regularly of some long-winded guides, even on a member tour. So count yourself lucky! :cutie:

If I can be serious for a moment...I agree. DVC could do a LOT more and still be professional. Several other high quality timeshare sales organizations do better without being either unethical or unprofessional. Even Wyndham - bless their twisted little hearts - is getting better. Not everyone is like Westgate; nor do they need to be.
No, I think we all agree there's a line of reasonableness though it might vary a little from one opinion to another. Bluegreen and Wyndham do push the envelope at times but it varies with the guide you get. Even Westgate isn't bad for every tour but they can sure be annoying.

I'm not an owner, but I've exchanged in probably a dozen times by now. Never, not once, have I gotten a phone call/voice message inviting me to speak with a Guide. That wouldn't be particularly intrusive, but it might generate real sales.
Between making some type of contact, offering real tour incentives and doing incentivized short stays, there could generate a dramatic amount of traffic, likely more than they could handle at least early on though they could gear up for it. For DVC just making a contact of some sort for all nonmembers who have not previously toured would likely be enough. During low seasons cheap stays requiring a tour would be easy, not so much during busier times unless they put them off property. I remember a post years ago by someone who toured and wanted to buy but the guide never invited them to, they assumed they didn't qualify and didn't say anything about wanting to buy.

Sorry, but that logic is a bit silly. What you're saying is that as long as your room is ready by 11:59pm, they're in compliance? Obviously things happen so it's going to get missed from time to time, but "after 4:00pm" means 4:01pm or later to me.

Just for kicks, here's the official snippet from the public offering statement for BCV. (I'm pretty sure the others are the same on this point.) I suppose the front desk automatically approves the extention when the room isn't ready, so that's how they'd get around that as a definitive requirement, but the rooms are SUPPOSED to be ready at 4:00pm.

Why would DVC have after 4pm on all current material and the website. Maybe it has changed.

And no I never said, 11:59 was acceptable. We have gotten ours at 6pm before and no I don't complain.

I really think some of you over analyze all of this.

Why would DVC have after 4pm on all current material and the website. Maybe it has changed.

And no I never said, 11:59 was acceptable. We have gotten ours at 6pm before and no I don't complain.

I really think some of you over analyze all of this.
I do think the change was a bit odd though, it was what you might say "mickey mouse". One change I think we'll eventually see is 10 am instead of 11 to check out.

But clearly, the TP is an expendable supply item to which no owner or squatter has any right.

Squatter. Hah. Very good.

LOL, well you must have gotten someone that has either been a guide a long time or they figured out quickly you had no interest in adding on because I hear reports regularly of some long-winded guides, even on a member tour. So count yourself lucky! :cutie:

Maybe it was Ken Potrock himself in disguise and he had to run to another meeting about removing perks or features/theming in the older villas.

I wonder how often you can get the 3 FPs. I got them last summer at the BWV sales center. I don't even know if that's still there but I was barely in there for 15 minutes so it was a big win for my time.

I do think the change was a bit odd though, it was what you might say "mickey mouse". One change I think we'll eventually see is 10 am instead of 11 to check out.

Based on some comments I have read lately I think they went to "after" 4 pm, simply so some would not freak if it was 4:30 pm. They probably will anyway, but at least they can say official check is now after 4pm.

Wow, we've been thing about DVC for a few years now. Much of this talk is confusing. Where is the best place to go to get clear info on purchasing the resale points?

I'd start with the "purchasing" forum right above this one in the list. Especially the sticky threads at the top. Lots of good info there and almost every question you can think of has been answered in that forum, although feel free to ask anything any time. People are always willing to help with any questions you may have.

On the "After 4PM" debate - is after 4 PM very common? We've always gotten our room well before 4 PM - though admittedly we've only checked into DVC 4 times so far. I suppose I wouldn't be upset if it was a little after, we tend to get to WDW fairly early and usually head to a park, so if the room wasn't ready we would just stay at the park, but I think I would get a little annoyed if they started running 2 or 3 hours after the 4 PM mark.

Sometimes we don't get to the resort until after 4, so our rooms are often ready. When we have gotten to the resort earlier and the room was not ready, we've waited past 6 twice at BWV. Once we were gifted with a $100 gist card, the next time we got nothing, not even a "sorry for the delay."

We've been members since 2003, so lots of stays. Our other late rooms have been at Vero Beach.

We have had a couple of later check-ins too. The worse was not getting into our room until around 5:45PM for our BLT studio although we checked in before noon. We had another late one at BLT until around 4:30 but those have been exceptions as we are usually in the room by 3:00 PM. It is rare for us to get into the room before noon--2:00 - 3:00 pretty common. We usually do studios, and I expect it could take longer for larger villas to be ready for check in. And the delays are not all because of DVC. Many DVC guests do not leave the room before 11:00 because they have a late flight. The longer it takes for housekeeping to get in the more delays in check in. Since 2BR villas are three times the size of a regular room it will take longer to clean them. I think that all of these delays really impacts those that need a specific room type like handicapped accessible or those with limited villas in a room type like AKV concierge (club level) the most, it is not like DVC can just move the guest to another room.

We have only had around 30 check-ins with DVC since 2009 so we are not that experienced compared to many around here so this is just our experience.

On the "After 4PM" debate - is after 4 PM very common? We've always gotten our room well before 4 PM - though admittedly we've only checked into DVC 4 times so far. I suppose I wouldn't be upset if it was a little after, we tend to get to WDW fairly early and usually head to a park, so if the room wasn't ready we would just stay at the park, but I think I would get a little annoyed if they started running 2 or 3 hours after the 4 PM mark.

I don't think we have ever been after 4. As of late, we have been checked in by noon. I do online check in and select earliest check in to supersede other requests. Still mostly get our requests. 3 to 4 trips a year for the last 13 years. Always in 1 or 2 bedrooms.

Based on some comments I have read lately I think they went to "after" 4 pm, simply so some would not freak if it was 4:30 pm. They probably will anyway, but at least they can say official check is now after 4pm.
My impression at the time is they changed the grading scale rather than working on the problem. IMO they have a problem with housekeeping and have for some time. I don't know if they've cut it too thin, haven't given them enough expectations or a combination of the 2. I know we were there a few months ago and they missed our T&T and when I called they were basically between shifts with no one available for about 1.5 to 2 hrs. This was maybe 2 to 2:30 pm.

I'm not sure we can say. It's posted fairly regularly but I suspect the % of time it happens is fairly low. I'm in multiple timeshares multiple times a year for 20 years. DVC effort and response to issues and problems is definitely on the weak side at best. I'm know things happen with all resorts and system but it seems to happen regularly with DVC. The sad part is that the areas where DVC falls down all seem to be things that could be fairly easily fixed with planning, leadership and effort.

That's funny. We are just back from Disneyland and I was going to post about the late room ready times. The last two times we've stayed at vgc it was after 4:30, which made it had to get to our dining reservations. The last one was especially frustrating as we had checked in at 9 am! Where are all those mouse fees going? IMO one of the best customer service improvements they could make is to hire more housekeeping staff to turn the rooms around faster. I'd be willing to pay more for late check outs and early check ins.

That's funny. We are just back from Disneyland and I was going to post about the late room ready times. The last two times we've stayed at vgc it was after 4:30, which made it had to get to our dining reservations. The last one was especially frustrating as we had checked in at 9 am! Where are all those mouse fees going? IMO one of the best customer service improvements they could make is to hire more housekeeping staff to turn the rooms around faster. I'd be willing to pay more for late check outs and early check ins.
I don't get the impression this is simply employee numbers. I'd want them to put the effort commitment prior to considering throwing more money at it. Until it's a priority, it won't improve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter