Reservation-free at Epcot?

dizneyno1fan

Earning My Ears
So I'll be at WDW (for the first time) in late January and I've made a few reservations at various parks/resorts. But I'm wondering if I should go into Epcot reservation-free. Are there any "must visit" restaurants I should consider? Or would we find good places to eat without worrying about a ressie?

I would just wait until I was there and then pull up MDE and see what reservations are available and book one you want. I would not wait until I was at my extreme need to eat moment. You can try walking up, I have done this successfully at Epcot a few times. That said, some restaurants may tell you "no" as they are just doing reservations or the wait is 60 minutes long. This could be true, but if you pull up DME, or even call the dining reservations, there might be an opening to get you in, possibly even sooner.

Since planning makes my cousin happy, she booked a reservation for each day of our trip, but if we keep even 3 of them, I would be surprised. Last year, I think we changed plans the day of or the night before at least 3 times. Each time, we still got good reservations at a restaurant we wanted to try.

So I'll be at WDW (for the first time) in late January and I've made a few reservations at various parks/resorts. But I'm wondering if I should go into Epcot reservation-free. Are there any "must visit" restaurants I should consider? Or would we find good places to eat without worrying about a ressie?

I've done the international counter service crawl....but that might not work for everyone.

I am currently planning to do counter service only for our Epcot day. If there was a place to do that, it would be the WS at Epcot!

Counter service (and various snacks) are so good at Epcot in the WS, we rarely see a need for a sit-down meal.

I agree with just pulling up MDE the day of and finding what is available but I wouldn't try to walk up to TS. You might have some luck at Spice Roads but otherwise you would be better off just making same day ADRs. Most of the QS in World Showcase are pretty good as well, we have often eaten all day at QS there.

We've been quite successful both walking up to restaurants in DS (Spice Road, Garden Grill and Biergarten), making same day ADR's and just eating counter service (which is really good in WS). I would go ADR-less and go with the flow! IMHO, there are no "must-do's" in WS.

I think it's the best place to go ADR-less. You'll know what kind of food you're in the mood for when you get there, and you can see if there is a table service availability or just head to a counter service.

We don't get ressies at Epcot ever, as none really appeal to us. We do like to take the short walk to Beach Club and eat at Cape May though! Must have ressies for that, otherwise we like Sunshine Seasons for CS.

If you're going to go ADR-less then Epcot is the place to do it. So many awesome counter service options.

If you do want an ADR I would recommend Rose&Crown - It's our must do restaurant in Epcot :)

Do you guys eat breakfast before the park opens? I'm considering it so I'm not wasting so much morning time eating.

In late January you'll also find special food booths open in Epcot for Festival of the Arts. DH and I plan to eat a combination of CS and booths.

There is no wrong way to do it. If there is a restaurant that you really want to dine at, then an ADR is the way to go. There are so many good QS places that are really good options that don't require an ADR. If you don't mind eating at off times, you can walk into most TS restaurants as well.

We usually have an ADR on EP days- but when going w/o one we do Sunshine Seasons for an earlier large lunch after doing the attractions we like in FW. IMHO one of the best counter service places in WDW. Then we just 'nibble' when we get hungry over in WS. We will be there in January as well for the festival, so will check out some of the booths there.

Do you guys eat breakfast before the park opens? I'm considering it so I'm not wasting so much morning time eating.

Unless I have a breakfast reservation at the park that morning, I normally eat breakfast before going to the park. I sometimes might just have a protein snack before going so I can get a pastry some place a couple hours after the park opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter