Reservations

Grandmaof2

Mouseketeer
We will be making our dining reservations next month for our July trip. The restaurants we would like to go to are: Chrystal Palace, Ohana, Woodys Roundup Rodeo, Biergarten, Via Napoli and Olga’s. There will be 5 of us. In which order should we plan on making the reservations? I am not sure which of these restaurants are the most difficult. Thanks.

Probably ohana first, meaning try to book that one first and plan for it later in your trip so you have a better shot of good times. I think that one will be your most difficult to get.

A hint: if you can’t find a table for 5, look for a party of 6. The ADR system doesn’t like odd numbers. There’s no penalty for showing up with fewer people than booked, but you can usually modify the ADR down to five after you book it, if you want.

Your list has several desirable restaurants on it. Here's the order I'd suggest. You can adjust a restaurant up/down based on how much you want to go there.

'Ohana
Oga's (very limited capacity)
Woody's
Via Napoli
Crystal Palace
Biergarten

Like previous poster said, order your meals so that the places you really want to go to are later in your trip.

We will be making our dining reservations next month for our July trip. The restaurants we would like to go to are: Chrystal Palace, Ohana, Woodys Roundup Rodeo, Biergarten, Via Napoli and Olga’s. There will be 5 of us. In which order should we plan on making the reservations? I am not sure which of these restaurants are the most difficult. Thanks.
We made our ADR's about 2 weeks ago. Did not make any reservations to eat in any of the parks. All DS and hotels. Did not have a problem getting Ohana. The ones I did have a little problem with were Homecomin' and Beaches & Cream. I did manage to get both but eventually cancel Beaches & Cream. When I look to see what's still available, Beigarten always is. Crystal Palace is still available for our trip next month but hours are late. there were a lot of Olga's ressies to be had, so was Via Napoli but they're gone down. Didn't pay attention to Woody's.

It’s Oga’s not Olga’s.

I am a grandmother of two also…
The very first request from grandchildren every visit Was Grandma did you book Sci Fi and still today … I noticed their mother is making those dining at 60 day window for them And they booked Sci Fi ….amazing because they are teenagers now .And still love Sci Fi.

The second reservation for mid day break in the heat of summer would be the Plaza Restaurant with a view of Castle.
They also love Biergarten . I don’t think that is too difficult unless the dining package for a very popular Festival occurs for your dates. I need to check Epcot Garden Rocks to remind them for their trip planning.
They also always seem to love Tusker House …hard to book at Animal Kingdom for a mid day break in the heat but Satulli Canteen is simpler and enjoyable.
Don’t forget the Gardens of the World will be introducing a different experience for night time planning at Epcot. Many guests are not aware that WDW is slowly unveiling the completed update to the heart & soul of Epcot…Im pretty sure you will be amazed and excited. Finally something to look forward to in anticipation .
I think Woodys Round Up will be difficult because it is new.
OGAs definitely hard to get too. But not any meals just overpriced beverages.

Last edited:
A hint: if you can’t find a table for 5, look for a party of 6. The ADR system doesn’t like odd numbers. There’s no penalty for showing up with fewer people than booked, but you can usually modify the ADR down to five after you book it, if you want.
I'd just look for 6 to begin with and then modify down. Save the precious moments of searching for 5 and then 6.

Oga’s has been a walk in virtually any time of the day on our last 2 trips Nov 23/Feb 24 … food menu is extremely limited there but a fun place to visit once

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter