Resort Change by Disney

Our trip isn't until December we are at all star movies, which won't be open. Should I try calling to be moved now or wait until things calm down since I still have six months?

Anyone had any luck with getting a move and calling back for another option?
I took the option of moving from CBR to a Cabin at FTW this morning but I'm just not loving the option. I know I should be thankful that I got something for no extra charge but I'm just not loving the resort (we've stayed there before).
Me!! I was moved to a AKL deluxe studio standard view yesterday from AKL savannah with a CM who told me any changes to another resort would make me pay more, so I took whatever I could get. Then I realized I wasn't happy and called back (and called and called) and got through to GS early this afternoon after calling exactly at 7 AM. After 5 hours today, I was able to get a second move that was price-protected. However, seeing as there's some sort of matrix out now and rooms were already minimal for my August stay, I don't know what would be available tomorrow - considering that the 2021 modifications become available and the phone lines will be even more swamped. If you think you'd really be unhappy, I would just call back and ask to be transferred and hopefully they can work something out for you.

To be honest, I'm still pretty unhappy about it and I plan to let UT know it. I don't know that it will do anything, but I feel like I'm being treated like a second class customer and it is very frustrating to watch rooms get taken up while I sit here and wait for the crumbs that are left.
Yeah, I can see that.
I hope you get what you need. I prefer one-stop resorts rather than sprawling ones, but I donā€™t need a smaller resort for medical reasons.

This whole situation has really exposed some weaknesses in several areas. I donā€™t know if Iā€™d use a TA again, because I like control. TBH, I didnā€™t really even think of UT as a TA because they literally only put up a website and I order. Definitely not like the full service TAs who make plans and monitor for new discounts.

Will do! Still on hold. CM came back on and said we are just over half way there, which means another hour or so. I don't have a good feeling. Feel like the bumps to a deluxe occurred earlier, and now they seem to have a matrix out, and won't be as generous.

We shall see. I will report back.
On hold for 5 hours and 25 minutes waiting for GS, call disconnected.

trying to call back the magic # now.

I just received a call from Disney. I hadnā€™t been successful in getting through to them. My dates are 7/6-7/15 WL. Was offered Copper Creek 1 Bdr villa. I had FD from my original reservation. I asked about booking for next year and applying the 35%. She said that she didnā€™t think the discount could be applied to next year but things are always changing. Leaning toward canceling and hoping to book for next summer, if they will apply the 35%. . Fingers crossed!
Hoping for the same thing here!

Our trip isn't until December we are at all star movies, which won't be open. Should I try calling to be moved now or wait until things calm down since I still have six months?

I'm so conflicted! POFQ 12/1-12/5. I've seen a lot of people getting moved from POR/POFQ into deluxe resorts (some with no rate change) today, and some getting moved into other mods both with and without rate changes... not sure if I'd be better off trying to move now, or waiting until closer to our trip to see what they're doing by then... Waiting runs the risk of limited or no availability to move to if POFQ doesn't reopen - but could it increase the chances of getting moved into a deluxe with no rate change?? My TA doesn't know what my options are at this point (until Sunday she thought we were getting moved into DVC) and said to just wait for a while.

So basically, if you decide to volunteer as data point like @Sunnywho suggested :laughing: please let us know what you decide to do and what happens if you move now!

I'm so conflicted! POFQ 12/1-12/5. I've seen a lot of people getting moved from POR/POFQ into deluxe resorts (some with no rate change) today, and some getting moved into other mods both with and without rate changes... not sure if I'd be better off trying to move now, or waiting until closer to our trip to see what they're doing by then... Waiting runs the risk of limited or no availability to move to if POFQ doesn't reopen - but could it increase the chances of getting moved into a deluxe with no rate change?? My TA doesn't know what my options are at this point (until Sunday she thought we were getting moved into DVC) and said to just wait for a while.

So basically, if you decide to volunteer as data point like @Sunnywho suggested :laughing: please let us know what you decide to do and what happens if you move now!

We were booked at POFQ for September. I called today and they moved us to a 1 bedroom villa with a theme park view at Bay Lake Tower for the price we paid for POFQ.

This whole situation has really exposed some weaknesses in several areas. I donā€™t know if Iā€™d use a TA again, because I like control. TBH, I didnā€™t really even think of UT as a TA because they literally only put up a website and I order. Definitely not like the full service TAs who make plans and monitor for new discounts.
I usually do not book with TAs for the same reason - nothing against them, they just aren't for someone like me that is a bit of a control freak. I also never really thought of them as a TA like situation. I'm kicking myself a little bc I cancelled a package for the same resort, same dates with Disney bc it saved money to book with UT. If I hadn't done that, I'd be all moved and set.
Live and learn I guess.

To be fair the main complex of out laying buildings may be a lateral move to CBR, but we have a room in Gran Destino Tower and those rooms are essentially Deluxe rooms at a moderate price (give or take they are for the most part the most expensive moderate our quote back in January between GDT and CBR was nearly a grand more for GDT). We don't want an outside type room, we wanted a tower room. The rooms are larger than most moderates, and the appeal of the Tower for us is the room configurations which have more of an adult atmosphere for our resort stay. I mean we chose GDT over CBR when we made the booking so I really don't want a 'move' to the resort we didn't want to begin with kwim?

100% agree with this. In terms of rooms and amenities, the tower is really a Deluxe resort in a moderate location. I donā€™t think itā€™s a dig on CBR as much as it is a compliment to GDT. It would be like moving you from GF to OKW and saying itā€™s okay because theyā€™re both Deluxe.

I usually do not book with TAs for the same reason - nothing against them, they just aren't for someone like me that is a bit of a control freak. I also never really thought of them as a TA like situation. I'm kicking myself a little bc I cancelled a package for the same resort, same dates with Disney bc it saved money to book with UT. If I hadn't done that, I'd be all moved and set.
Live and learn I guess.

This is our first time using a TA, too! Weā€™ve been a lot and I like having control over our trip (we usually make a lot of changes along the way lol) but did it this time since they continually look for discounts to apply, and we were splurging on POFQ. But now weā€™re kind of at their mercy, which is stressful on top of stressful. šŸ˜‚ Not sure Iā€™d opt for a TA again.

Except you shouldn't have to beg! I'm a TA. It's our job to treat our clients' reservations as we would treat our own. You bet she'd be on the phone for her own reservation!

Well, she originally thought weā€™d get moved into a DVC Resort Monday, and was planning to call for us Monday to find out which one. Then the list came out Sunday, so she was going to call on Monday to see what our options were. Then Monday morning she said she wasnā€™t going to call about ours just yet since our trip isnā€™t until December and weā€™ve got time to see what happens, since anything could. :confused3 No one really knows what the ā€œrightā€ answer is right now, and I certainly donā€™t fault her logic on waiting.

We do want to stay at POFQ so I donā€™t necessarily mind waiting to see if it opens, but there are a couple of bucket list deluxe resorts weā€™d jump at the chance to move to if the rate doesnā€™t change.

Has anyone been given a timeframe for when they will see their price decrease? Ours is reflecting the significantly higher amount. Iā€™m sure it will all work out but Iā€™m an anxious person. I canā€™t remember how long they said it would take to reflect our previous price before the swap.

Mine was updated immediately šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

This is our first time using a TA, too! Weā€™ve been a lot and I like having control over our trip (we usually make a lot of changes along the way lol) but did it this time since they continually look for discounts to apply, and we were splurging on POFQ. But now weā€™re kind of at their mercy, which is stressful on top of stressful. šŸ˜‚ Not sure Iā€™d opt for a TA again.
I think this is where having a really excellent TA comes in handy vs a less knowledgeable one. When it comes to those really long holds like we saw yesterday, I think a good TA who is on his or her game would be a sanity saver vs DIY.

The biggest problem is for those of us who booked through third party sites that arenā€™t really TAs. UT generally has better customer service than someplace like Expedia or Hotels.com, but none of them have the staff to dedicate to fixing this mess of epic proportions.

So I'm calling all day and at 9:30 and I FINALLY get through. Yay!
"Your wait time will be two and a half hours"
Crap.
So I pop on Disboard to do some rage reading and wait it out...
And I see that magic number....
And I call the number...
And it goes right through...
And I wait on hold for 2 minutes and get a very tired CM...
We had POFQ River View and we ended up with CBR Preferred which is fine. Pretty much an even up trade.

The magic number is indeed magical, people.

Is anyone trying to change a Sept. reservation yet??
i tried the ā€œmagic numberā€ nOT so magical...I did get a CM after 30 min but then CM listened to my story and tells me there are 420 people in front of me hold for guest services And they are closing at 11 and that I should call back tomorro. So I asked who he was and if he couldnā€™t help me and he just said again I should call back tomorrow and he was so sorry...I have spent 9 hrs on phone today and was disconnected 2x and I have no iDea how may ā€œall circuits are busyā€ and just busy signals I got.

Last edited:
Ughhhh okay I think I'm going to beg my TA to call and at least see what they offer. Thank you for sharing this!
We were booked at POFQ for September. I called today and they moved us to a 1 bedroom villa with a theme park view at Bay Lake Tower for the price we paid for POFQ.
And we were only offered other moderates and went with CBR-preferred. Our POFQ garden view room was at rack rate - no discounts, so it was close to a lateral move from a cost stand-point based upon what I saw on a reputable site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter