Resort Change by Disney

200+ tries at this point. Either busy or 'your call can not be completed at this time'. All I have to do is get my husbands ticket attached to out resort reservation so I can make park reservations. Nothing I do on MDE works.

I used 407-939-1936. On hold now. Just keep dialing. I dialed about 50 times before getting through.
For what it’s worth, another blogger reported that they did a survey and found that this # (the 1936) was reported as having the highest sucesss rate. It worked for me yesterday. Best of luck to everyone today!
I'm on redial attempt 107 right now :upsidedow

I got through yesterday, 407-939-7866, all circuits were busy but just kept calling back over and over got through on the 24th try and only on hold around 3 minutes. This was yesterday afternoon at 3pm. 8 days booked at AKL, APH discount. Since AKL will not be open in August had the option of choosing between the Contemporary or the Polynesian. No brainer for me, chose the Polynesian. No add'l charge. Heck of a deal!

Got through, but system is under going "magical enhancements" She said to call back after 10... The message when first answering says after 8am.

I wonder if they will just let us stay on hold if that is the case. I would rather stay in the queue than try to get through the line again. I have only been holding for 30 minutes so I might get through to a CM in 2 hours. 🙃

I got through yesterday, 407-939-7866, all circuits were busy but just kept calling back over and over got through on the 24th try and only on hold around 3 minutes. This was yesterday afternoon at 3pm. 8 days booked at AKL, APH discount. Since AKL will not be open in August had the option of choosing between the Contemporary or the Polynesian. No brainer for me, chose the Polynesian. No add'l charge. Heck of a deal!
What are your dates in Aug?

My MDE is still showing the higher amount for my resort change even though I was told it would be the exact same price. Any idea how long that might take to update?

Our trip isn't until December we are at all star movies, which won't be open. Should I try calling to be moved now or wait until things calm down since I still have six months?
I’d wait. The AS resorts are the cheapest on property, so any move is an upgrade in terms of price. It looks like the plan is to move is the Pop or AoA. There could be some moves elsewhere later on, but those will probably be if the other Values book up. With the matrix that came out yesterday, the CMs are mostly just plugging into the applicable substitute, so calling now is unlikely to alter where you end up.

If you had a different resort booked, especially if it was a specialty room type, it would make sense to call now while there’s still inventory to get you the closest match or upgrade. Even if you were at ASMu in a family suite, I’d say to call before all the AoA suites were assigned to others.

But I don’t think hours of being on hold is worthwhile in your case, especially when you have so much time left to be able to call at a less busy time. In addition to making things easier on yourself, waiting until things die down will let those who urgently need to get through for July and August to get through a little more easily.

Got through to the 7866 line which stated the line is in existence temporarily to assist guests that received a message to call back about their reservation. They are calling guests with reservations up until July 11th (park open) booked in a non DVC resort, if no answer this is the callback number. Guess once those reservations are filled the line will be disconnected. They transfered me to a sales agent since my reservation is not In the window...oh and the agent kind of said something about being alerted today of this number being posted, but not directly. Either way systems are down, going to try the 407 939 1936 in a few.....

I have gotten through on the 7866 number and they indicated their systems are not up for another hour; back to the 1936 number.

I’ve decided I’m going to call my TA tomorrow and just be straight up with her about how I need this to be done ASAP. It’s causing me too much stress and anxiety to the point where I can’t even sleep. I’m hoping it goes well but I will be prepared to call the actual agency and speak to her boss if necessary. It’d be different if I had a trip booked later in the year, but my trip is next month!
Could you not go around them? Its your reservation... I know you pay them for this but this time I think I would just call Disney myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter