Resort Change by Disney

Question- please direct me if this is the wrong thread. Has anyone at a closed resort received their magic bands? I ordered two a few weeks ago (not complimentary) and still haven't received a shipping notification. I still haven't been moved from POR (third party issue). We check in 7/16. Estimated delivery is 10 business days before arrival... which would be next week. TIA!

im in the same boat and wondering the same thing!

Why does he not like PoP?
I think just personal preference. When we were at Pop, it was long before the room renovations or the skyliner. They put us in the 90s section on the second floor and we were pushing a double stroller across the parking lot to get to the buses. The computer pool and the hippy dippy pool weren't as cute as some of the other value pools. The restaurant was more crowded than I think the all stars restaurants are. You could see the abandoned resort that later became the AOA. We've stayed at a value 4 times and a moderate twice since then so it may be time to give Pop another chance, imo, especially with the skyliner and the room renovations.

I have an update!

We were originally scheduled for a preferred room at All-Star Movies. My TA called and tried to get us switched to Art of Animation. I was kind of hoping we'd end up with a suite! However, she found out that Disney's policy right now is to book everyone from the All-Stars to Pop unless there is no more room at Pop. Only then can people get moved to Art of Animation. So, we're officially switched to a preferred room at Pop!

I was hoping someone would be able & willing to talk up Pop Century. I want to get excited for it because, honestly, I'm disappointed. It's the biggest resort, I've heard they have the worst food and terrible buses, and the theme doesn't excite me. We don't mind value resorts and enjoyed All-Star Movies in the past and loved the Toy Story theme and the Fantasia pool.
Oh, we actually really like Pop! We feel the food is actually MUCH better than most food courts and they dont share buses. Transportation has never been an issue.

I think just personal preference. When we were at Pop, it was long before the room renovations or the skyliner. They put us in the 90s section on the second floor and we were pushing a double stroller across the parking lot to get to the buses. The computer pool and the hippy dippy pool weren't as cute as some of the other value pools. The restaurant was more crowded than I think the all stars restaurants are. You could see the abandoned resort that later became the AOA. We've stayed at a value 4 times and a moderate twice since then so it may be time to give Pop another chance, imo, especially with the skyliner and the room renovations.
I'm thinking its time to give it another chance.

The "change" option was up and running last night in MDE/My Plans. I wanted to see what was open since you can't use the booking option. The only values that were open for changing to were AOA and Pop. There was PLEEEENTY of availability at the All-Stars yesterday for S&F before the announcements--like all categories. I wonder if they are looking at Pop and AoA for value consolidation. They just did the Pop refurb and were working on AOA. They have Skyliner which right now is the preferred mode of travel and they can easily move the ASMu suite bookings to AOA.

I'm trying to find posts and articles from right after 9/11 when they did resort consolidation, but I'm not really finding much.

I am booked under Sun and Fun and this could mean nothing--these are the hotels that I could have paid to "change to" for August:
Pop Century
Kidani Village
BRV
AoA
Saratoga
Copper Creek
BLT
YC
Contemporary
Caribbean Beach Resort
Does disney charge you to stay at different tier resort?

I got upgraded from FQ - Garden view to AK Kidani - Standard Deluxe Studio. I was really excited at first, but now I'm realizing that our resort will have almost no food options (no QS) and Jambo QS would be closed. Would I be crazy to try to call GS and ask for 1 bdrm so I can cook my own dinners? We used the QS at FQ all the time, so we'll miss easy access to dinners in the room. :sad1: I'm just afraid I'll call and GS will say "How did you get in Kidani? Let me move you to WL cabins!" :oops:

I got upgraded from FQ - Garden view to AK Kidani - Standard Deluxe Studio. I was really excited at first, but now I'm realizing that our resort will have almost no food options (no QS) and Jambo QS would be closed. Would I be crazy to try to call GS and ask for 1 bdrm so I can cook my own dinners? We used the QS at FQ all the time, so we'll miss easy access to dinners in the room. :sad1: I'm just afraid I'll call and GS will say "How did you get in Kidani? Let me move you to WL cabins!" :oops:
Not crazy! We need to push them on QS availability at AKL. At least at WL cabins you would have a kitchen, right?
How many people? What dates?

Not crazy! We need to push them on QS availability at AKL. At least at WL cabins you would have a kitchen, right?
How many people? What dates?

2 people July 25 - Aug 8. I would still rather be at Kidani with no food than at WL. :-/ So that's where I'm stuck. I'm afraid to call. Has anyone been "downgraded" when calling back? Or do you think Disney would do that?

If you push on the QS they might either give you a 1BR or move you to a resort with open QS! They seem somewhat flexible on moving you if you have a reason (instead of just wanting a better resort).

If you push on the QS they might either give you a 1BR or move you to a resort with open QS! They seem somewhat flexible on moving you if you have a reason (instead of just wanting a better resort).

Alright! I'll report back on how the call goes! :D Thanks for the encouragement! Here comes hours and hours of hold music! (Last time it was 5!)

Alright! I'll report back on how the call goes! :D Thanks for the encouragement! Here comes hours and hours of hold music! (Last time it was 5!)
Try the 7866 number! You should get through in less than 10 minutes once you get connected.

Try the 7866 number! You should get through in less than 10 minutes once you get connected.

I did. I had to call 20 times, but then I got right through. I'm on hold now with a rep. She doesn't think they can do anything for me that's price protected, but she is checking.

2 people July 25 - Aug 8. I would still rather be at Kidani with no food than at WL. :-/ So that's where I'm stuck. I'm afraid to call. Has anyone been "downgraded" when calling back? Or do you think Disney would do that?
We were moved from AOA to SS, and once I started making further plans it really sunk in that we lost the skyliner and now had only busses for transportation. I called the x7866 number and talked to a very friendly CM, but once she saw we had been moved with price protection she told me she couldn’t move me again unless I wanted to pay the difference. She was very sympathetic with losing the skyliner and chatted all about her cancelled riviera plans and how nice the skyliner was, but couldn't/wouldn’t even entertain the possibility of moving us again at no price increase. I wasn’t surprised, it just would have bugged me if I hadn’t tried. I did feel a little bit greedy calling to try to change when I got upgraded from value (although I don’t feel the AOA suites should be called value) to a 2BR deluxe villa. FWIW, it would have been an extra $4500 for me to pay the difference to be at a skyliner resort- she didn’t specify but I think riviera since the BC and BW aren’t technically skyliner resorts (I had mentioned those 3 when I asked her to just price something). However, there’s no worry that they would take away what they already gave you!

We were moved from AOA to SS, and once I started making further plans it really sunk in that we lost the skyliner and now had only busses for transportation. I called the x7866 number and talked to a very friendly CM, but once she saw we had been moved with price protection she told me she couldn’t move me again unless I wanted to pay the difference. She was very sympathetic with losing the skyliner and chatted all about her cancelled riviera plans and how nice the skyliner was, but couldn't/wouldn’t even entertain the possibility of moving us again at no price increase. I wasn’t surprised, it just would have bugged me if I hadn’t tried. I did feel a little bit greedy calling to try to change when I got upgraded from value (although I don’t feel the AOA suites should be called value) to a 2BR deluxe villa. FWIW, it would have been an extra $4500 for me to pay the difference to be at a skyliner resort- she didn’t specify but I think riviera since the BC and BW aren’t technically skyliner resorts (I had mentioned those 3 when I asked her to just price something). However, there’s no worry that they would take away what they already gave you!

I got the exact same response. After talking to her boss, my CM offered to see how much it would cost to move to WL cabin without price protection, and I said no thanks! :oops: I know I saw some people here that got WL cabins and then called back and got a better upgrade, so I think it *might* be possible to get moved a second time? I'm just not sure it's worth pushing.

The CM did tell me that the Kidani pool bar reopens for dinner and stays open until 9pm, so it looks like we'll be eating lots of chicken salads and hot dogs. :earboy2:

Be happy for your upgrade. The studios have toasters, microwaves, and small refrigerators. the set up is really nice. If you are used to QS in the room then the studio set will be perfect for heating up meals and enjoying them in your room.

SO after much internet research, I found that I would not like staying at Kidani so I called back asking to be moved and they did move me to WL Boulder Ridge Villas. I am much happier staying somewhere that will offer QS.

It looks like it might be possible to get moved a second time?

Be happy for your upgrade. The studios have toasters, microwaves, and small refrigerators. the set up is really nice. If you are used to QS in the room then the studio set will be perfect for heating up meals and enjoying them in your room.

So true! I am thrilled for Kidani! I guess I just wanted to see.

I got the exact same response. After talking to her boss, my CM offered to see how much it would cost to move to WL cabin without price protection, and I said no thanks! :oops: I know I saw some people here that got WL cabins and then called back and got a better upgrade, so I think it *might* be possible to get moved a second time? I'm just not sure it's worth pushing.

The CM did tell me that the Kidani pool bar reopens for dinner and stays open until 9pm, so it looks like we'll be eating lots of chicken salads and hot dogs. :earboy2:
I assume you mean Fort Wilderness cabins? The cabins at the Wilderness Lodge are part of the DVC and MUCH more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter