Resort Reservations how far in advance?

RuthAnne123

Mouseketeer
How far in advance can you make your reservation? Is one year too far in advance?

We're probably splitting a 14 day stay between the Poly and AKL.

LOL unless I change my mind AGAIN!

Thanks everyone!

Ruth

You can reserve as long in advance as you want. For example, for New Years Eve 1999, guests started reserving as early as 1989. What you don't get by reserving real early is a locked in price and you will not be locked in until closer to the date. Moreover, discount prices, like those you find with codes published at mousesavers.com, are usally not available until 6 months or less before a date. One year in advance is usually well far in enough in advance to get anything you want except the following should be reserved even further out to assure getting them: Christmas time if you definitely want a particular resort (rooms are usually available closer to Christmas but sometimes particular resorts may reserve completely early), suites particularly two bedroom or larger suites for many times of year (these large suites are very expensive rooms reserved by people who either are Bill Gates or want to feel like it for a little while).

I made my reservation in November 2002 for December 2003. Of course I have changed my mind about where to stay 100 times. haha Hopefully now things won't change. Hope this helps!!!:)

We had our NYE 1999/2000 reservations made about 3 years ahead of time. ;)

generally speaking we have made ours about one year in advance, then watch for discounts and codes and just keep applying them to our original reservation.:D

Before we were DVC owners we always made our reservations 1- 1 1/2 years ahead. When you know the date you want and what resort you want to stay at, you need to make those reservations. If you delay then there is more chances that the resort will not be available for the time you want to go.

Made mine in October 2002 for December 2003 and have changed them twice and about to add more days tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter