Resort to Theme Park Transportation

jfn1000

Earning My Ears
I am considering a stay at Old Key West in a 2 bedroom villa, and am seeking specifics on how the Disney bus system operates. Do the busses leave Old Key West and go directly to a theme park? Or do they make multiple stops at other resorts or pickup locations. From the Parks to the Resort is it direct. How long does it take from the moment of boarding to arrival at Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

- John

We just got back from our first OKW stay.

The buses ran very well. There are several (5 I think) stops in OKW, with the front desk being the last, and then off to the parks. They are not shared with other resorts, and there is a different bus for each of the theme parks. During water park hours, some of the buses also stop at the water parks. I can't give you exact travel times, but I don't remember any ride being longer than about 15 minutes (to Animal Kingdom) from our stop which was at the front. And I don't remember waiting mor than 10 minutes for a bus.

I am sure some OKW veterans gan give you more specific information.

OKW is in a really nice location.

It's only about 7 mins to Epcot, 11 mins to Magic Kingdom, 10 mins to the Studios, 15 mins to DAK, and 5 mins to Marketplace.

Old Key West is never typically a demand resort, so busses are rarely crowded. Busses run typically every 15-20 mins, give or take. Usually, when I'm driving Old Key West, as I enter the resort, my counterpart is just leaving. And when I'm leaving, they're just coming in.

There are 5 stops within OKW.

The usual order is: Peninsular Road, South Pointe, Turtle Pond, Millers Road, and Hospitality House.

Downtown Disney is a bit different... It goes into Hospitality House first, but as an Internal Resort Shuttle. It then changes back to DTD, and goes to Millers Road, Peninsular, South Pointe, Turtle Pond, and back to Hospitality to pick up for DTD.

The reason for this is as follows. Anyone can pick up any bus and it'll take them to the Hospitality House. You can then take the Internal Shuttle back to your stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter