• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resort with outdoor waterpark not in Florida recs.

Northernlites

Mouseketeer
We are looking for a resort/hotel with an outdoor water park for the region from the Mid west to the East coast.

in the Poconos in PA there are 3 resorts that have water parks indoor and some stuff outside, great wolf, Kalahari and camelback. I believe camelback has a full water park right next to the hotel. I would check into those!

Wyndham Great Smokey Lodge in Sevierville, TN has an outdoor waterpark. Tons of stuff to do around there too in addition to the most visited National Park.

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge in Lake George Ny has an indoor water park and is attached to a Six Flags park that includes an outdoor water park.

I believe there's a bunch in the Wisconsin Dells.

As the commercials tell me all the time, Wisconsin Dells is the Waterpark Capital of the World. Seriously, though, huge waterparks. We like Wilderness Resort. We normally go in winter so I'm more familiar with their indoor offerings but they also have outdoor parks for summer. Kalahari looks like it has more "extreme" attractions, but I think most (all?) of theirs is indoors.

While neither of them have hotels attached to them, there are plenty of hotels nearby to Water Country USA in Williamsburg, VA and at the Beach near Cincinnati, OH. Busch Gardens in VA and King's Island in OH are both right next to the water parks and there are often multi day multi park ticket deals to be had. I have been to both and enjoyed them both.

Did Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg VA and the GWL in the Poconos. Poconos was a much better experience better water park.
DD had her cover-up stolen at the Williamsburg resort which just takes the fun out of the day.

Did Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg VA and the GWL in the Poconos. Poconos was a much better experience better water park.
DD had her cover-up stolen at the Williamsburg resort which just takes the fun out of the day.
The Williamsburg one is gross imo.

Sandusky Ohio has Kalahari, Great Wolf and Cedar Point all with outdoor water parks. All are within a short drive (25 minutes) of each other. The outdoor water parks area closes for the season on Labor Day

I'm not sure how large of a water park you are looking for or for what ages, but we love this hotel. A lot of hotels in Myrtle Beach have hotels with water slides etc:

http://www.kingstonplantation.com/explore/splash-waterpark/

Someone also mentioned Camelback in the Poconos. They have an indoor and outdoor water park. You have to take a bus to the outdoor. I suppose you could walk it but there is no sidewalk or anything. It's only opened in the summer months and the Poconos can get pretty chilly even in the summer sometimes.

Wisconsin Dells has a few and a new one just opened in Gurnee Il - it's a Great Wolf Lodge I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter