Resorts under construction

Which resort would we have an overall better experience at?

• Total voters

Michael07

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have been to Disney World several times. We have stayed at both moderate and deluxe resorts. As far as the moderate resorts are concerned we have previously stayed at Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resorts. Most recently was Caribbean Beach in March of 2017. At the time, we didn’t notice any issues with construction however it is my understanding that the construction is now more in depth than in March.

My question is how much inconvenience should a person expect staying at Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach while their under construction?

We are planning to make another trip in June or July of 2018 and are wanting to stay at a moderate resort. We have considered staying at the French Quarter this time. Which resort would we have an overall better experience at between Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, or French Quarter?

I, personally, would not stay at CBR right now. Amenities are affected by the construction. The same is not true of CSR.

FQ is the one moderate I have not tried (discounts are rare and I don't care for theme/jester heads). FQ does have the advantage of a small size and a boat to DSp.

CSR is my favorite resort, even with construction. We stayed in July and our only disruption was visual. We even had a renovated room (which are awesome)! We're going back in June 2018 and will likely stay at CSR again. IMO, I think CSR's central location, better-than-average busing, numerous dining options, deluxe-lite amenities, and awesome Dig Site pool area are difficult to beat.

My favorite mod is POFQ. Love the small size and the theming. Very peaceful. First stay at CBR was about a month ago. It was fine, but construction is extensive. No real gift shop, food is in a (very nice!) tent and a food truck. Grab and go is situated in some hotel rooms...but there wasn't one in my village so a bit of a pain. Also, no walking path from villages to front desk, so either you take an internal shuttle or rely on bell services. Wasn't a deal breaker for me, but just be aware.

I say this every time it comes up, but it bears repeating: There is no reason, atm, to consider staying at CBR. just throw that idea away.

Between POFQ and CSR, it's a tougher call and depends a lot on your particular desires. POFQ is quite compact, so it's convenient. It has the added bonus of the boat to DS and the walkability/sister resort of POR (which is my favorite mod), so I would choose POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter