Restaurant Recommendation Coming Back from North Shore

gregf71

Mouseketeer
Just discovered that the restaurant (Broke da Mouth Grindz) we planned to have dinner at in Kapolei is going to be closed all of June. So bummed, but it's a family owned place and it happens. Totally understandable.

Looking for someplace casual, local, and unique to the islands if possible, but mainly good food. A place that has really good garlic chicken (like Broke da Mouth) would be a huge plus, but not a requirement!

We will be driving back from a day of fun up at the North Shore, so definitely something in Haleiwa or along the way back to Aulani, but nothing fancy.

Considering Seven Brothers in Haleiwa. I keep seeing, hearing, and reading that their burgers are excellent...any thoughts on that?

Go!

Last edited:
My Recommendation not near North shore.

Side Street Inn - near Ala Moana Mall if near Honolulu. Locals hangout.

Best Garlic chicken and pork fried rice on the planet!

My Recommendation not near North shore.

Side Street Inn - near Ala Moana Mall if near Honolulu. Locals hangout.

Best Garlic chicken and pork fried rice on the planet!
Heh...actually we have a dinner reservation at Side Street Inn the next evening! I've heard great things! Looking forward to trying their pork chops too!!!

Their menu looks very good, especially lunch. Do you know if lunch items not on the dinner menu can be ordered during the dinner service?
Sorry but I don't know the answer to that question.

FWIW, John & Kevin have also spoken highly about the Beach House on the podcast.

Another shout out for the beach house, there are also the food trucks near the food land and the Roy’s on the beach at turtle bay

The Beach House wasn't my personal favorite; the sandwich and fries I had at lunch were both very greasy and I felt slow afterwards. But I think if you ordered some nice seafood for dinner you probably wouldn't have that problem.

There is a Kono's BBQ location in Haleiwa with cheap, delicious food. Down the road there are also two spots with food trucks. One has the Camaron shrimp truck and the other has Giovanni's, plus other options for seafood, tacos, thai, and fresh smoothies/bowls.

Right next to Seven Brothers is Jax Pizza, which is excellent. You could easily get things from both, eat outside, and share.

Finally, for lunch or a midday snack while along the North Shore, I highly recommend Sunrise Shack. Their acai bowls, smoothies, and coffee are all amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter