• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant Recommendations: A Disneymoon

johnaalexis

Live Long and Prosper
Hi Guys!

Oct 3rd is (finally!) our wedding! My fiancé and I have been engaged for 5 years now and our wedding is officially booked and planned!

Oh and of course we are doing a Disneymoon!

We have a vacation tradition of eating 1 “Fancy”/“Upscale” meal during our trips and with this being our Disneymoon we want to keep with our tradition!

We are looking for recommendations as to were to eat for this dinner! I would prefer restaurants that are at Hotels or Disney Springs, simply because we want to do this meal our first night at Disney (Oct. 4th).

We are open to any and all suggestions!

I will say, we have considered Victoria & Alberts but when I personally look at menus, I don’t see a whole lot the peaks my interest. I’m sure it’s an amazing experience but I don’t want to pay a lot of money for a meal to pick at the food or not like it. (Sorry my palettes picky!)

Other than that... BRING ON THE SUGGESTIONS!

Hi Guys!

Oct 3rd is (finally!) our wedding! My fiancé and I have been engaged for 5 years now and our wedding is officially booked and planned!

Oh and of course we are doing a Disneymoon!

We have a vacation tradition of eating 1 “Fancy”/“Upscale” meal during our trips and with this being our Disneymoon we want to keep with our tradition!

We are looking for recommendations as to were to eat for this dinner! I would prefer restaurants that are at Hotels or Disney Springs, simply because we want to do this meal our first night at Disney (Oct. 4th).

We are open to any and all suggestions!

I will say, we have considered Victoria & Alberts but when I personally look at menus, I don’t see a whole lot the peaks my interest. I’m sure it’s an amazing experience but I don’t want to pay a lot of money for a meal to pick at the food or not like it. (Sorry my palettes picky!)

Other than that... BRING ON THE SUGGESTIONS!
A few years ago we were very fortunate to score the Chef's Table at Victoria and Alberts on Thanksgiving Day. The experience was amazing!! I have a seafood allergy. Chef Hunnel made accommodations and substitutions as needed during this multi hour and food-course experience regarding my allergy. Eating at the Chef's Table in the kitchen with wine pairings is one of our top Disney "extras" to date. We so enjoyed the atmosphere and interacting with the chef's and wait staff. (The full day Backstage Tour, New Year's Eve at the California Grill, and the Wine View Lounge at Party for the Senses also top our list. We do our cooking at home and very little eating out. We save our dollars for top notch Disney tour and eating experiences!! If only we could save enough for Club 33 - lol.) However, if you do not care for Victoria and Albert's we would suggest California Grill for dinner. Waiter Walter is excellent AND your dinner receipt gets you a rooftop view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks the evening of your reservation. (Yes, I realize there are no fireworks now. Maybe by October???) Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon. If you decide on California Grill be sure to tell them it is your honeymoon and ask for window seating.

If your on your honeymoon why not several fancy dinners. I'd do Cali Grille & Jiko at a minimum, both are fantastic. V&A isn't worth it for me...Too much time and money devoted to it, I don't care how "good" the food is.

My DH and I went to V&A on our honeymoon in 2013. DH is a picky eater, so I was nervous about whether or not he would enjoy it. He ended up loving it. There was a lot on the menu that evening he enjoyed as it was made, and a few things he just asked for some simple modifications (no tomatoes, sauce on the side, etc). Plus, they are very accommodating at V&A. I would not count it due to being picky if you still enjoy fancy food. The price is a whole 'nother issue though. We paid about $500 in total back in 2013 for two people (food, 1 wine pairing, a glass of wine, and some upgrades, along with tax and tip, but also with a TIW discount). The same thing would be around $1000 now, and we both agree that it was well worth $500, but that we would probably not go back for $1000.

As for other fancy meals my suggestions are:

Jiko - never had a mediocre or bad meal there. It's always on point. And they have so many interesting ingredients you don't see other places. (So maybe not great for picky eaters if you're not open to new things).

Citricos - again, it's always a wonderful meal. This may be a better bet for picky eaters because a lot of the ingredients are familiar since it's Mediterranean inspired food.

Topolino's - I've only been once, but it was really great! They have yummy house made pastas, and they were featuring an olive oil (for dipping your bread) the day we went that was out of this world amazing.

Happy Honeymooning!

If your on your honeymoon why not several fancy dinners. I'd do Cali Grille & Jiko at a minimum, both are fantastic. V&A isn't worth it for me...Too much time and money devoted to it, I don't care how "good" the food is.
I agree, Cali Grille and Jiko are excellent. V and A is a full evening dress-up-up experience that does involve dollars and 4 to 4.5 hours of time. All 13 courses are excellent and the experience is an over the top memory depending on what one is looking for. This "old" home ec teacher was thrilled with the experience as I love to cook. Young newlyweds may not feel the same. Lucky for us all Disney has variety for all.

My DH and I went to V&A on our honeymoon in 2013. DH is a picky eater, so I was nervous about whether or not he would enjoy it. He ended up loving it. There was a lot on the menu that evening he enjoyed as it was made, and a few things he just asked for some simple modifications (no tomatoes, sauce on the side, etc). Plus, they are very accommodating at V&A. I would not count it due to being picky if you still enjoy fancy food. The price is a whole 'nother issue though. We paid about $500 in total back in 2013 for two people (food, 1 wine pairing, a glass of wine, and some upgrades, along with tax and tip, but also with a TIW discount). The same thing would be around $1000 now, and we both agree that it was well worth $500, but that we would probably not go back for $1000.

As for other fancy meals my suggestions are:

Jiko - never had a mediocre or bad meal there. It's always on point. And they have so many interesting ingredients you don't see other places. (So maybe not great for picky eaters if you're not open to new things).

Citricos - again, it's always a wonderful meal. This may be a better bet for picky eaters because a lot of the ingredients are familiar since it's Mediterranean inspired food.

Topolino's - I've only been once, but it was really great! They have yummy house made pastas, and they were featuring an olive oil (for dipping your bread) the day we went that was out of this world amazing.

Happy Honeymooning!
I believe Citricos has a Chef's Table and private seating for a better price point than V and A. We did the progressive dinner on the monorail and we actually were seated in this room with our small group of six. I think the food tour experience is called Dining in the Sky??? I assume this is not available due to Covid.

I agree, Cali Grille and Jiko are excellent. V and A is a full evening dress-up-up experience that does involve dollars and 4 to 4.5 hours of time. All 13 courses are excellent and the experience is an over the top memory depending on what one is looking for. This "old" home ec teacher was thrilled with the experience as I love to cook. Young newlyweds may not feel the same. Lucky for us all Disney has variety for all.

I honeymooned their last July so I get the young newlywed part...The money isn't the problem for me in a sense, its the time commitment. 5 hours is a long time to sit in one spot while there is so much to do at WDW. I'm also not adventurous at all so to pay $300+ for some chicken and steak isn't worth it. For me, it would be about the memories more than the food.

If yo7 are a picky eater then i suggest you look at menus first. But I would do California Grill

We did a disneymoon as well the day after our wedding. We ate at V&A and it was spectacular. I’m a picky eater and I enjoyed it. We dined there the night we got engaged so it was extra special to have the last meal before we got engaged and then the first married in the same place.

Our other favorite place is Jiko. We have never had a bad meal there. The ambiance is actually pretty romantic and the food is AHHMAZING. My husband says the short rib is on of the best things he’s ever eaten.

Cali grill is good too, but id do brunch over dinner now that I’ve tried both, assuming they keep it relatively the same.

Happy Planning!

We do a romantic dinner one night of every trip. On our Honeymoon we did Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner and loved it. The atmosphere does right along with the hotel theme. The food was delicious and the service was great too. We've also done Yachtsman Steakhouse and it was fantastic. I also love how romantic all the lights are around the pool area with the Boardwalk lights at night too. Plus you can go over to Boardwalk for dessert or after dinner cocktails. ( The Ale and Compass is at YC is good for that too. )

Well, first of all, congratulations!

So, I will add my two cents, but I am not sure how "fancy" and "upscale" they are.

I have not been BUT...a recommendation I would throw out would be taking a Lyft over to Bull and Bear at the Waldorf. I've heard excellent, excellent things, and it seems very much like an experience.

Not resort/Springs, but Takumi-Tei sounds like it is very much a special experience....never been, bc the food doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

At Disney Springs, I'd suggest Winebar George. The patio at STK is also quite lovely.

I will second Ale and Compass...it has a very luxe feel.

I will also second....or third...or fourth....whatever it is Cali Grill, but I think I would do a brunch reservation if you want to do something a little bit special.

Topolino's Terrace is excellent, located in the Riveria Resort.

Jiko's or Citrico's are my votes. Bluezoo at the Swalphin is also very good- especially if you like seafood.

Citricos has excellent food. Cali Grill during fireworks is perfection, but who knows when fireworks will be back. Yachtsman is good as well. I am staying at Riviera and trying Topolino's this trip.

Congratulations! My choices would be California Grill, JIKO, or Narcoosee's. California Grill has the most varied options and a wonderful view with and without food. I was nervous the first time we went to JIKO but I had the Filet Mignon and it was absolutely wonderful. Narcoosee's we had surf and turf (filet and lobster tail) oh my gracious! :love: Now I am hungry!

To Everyone!

Thank you so so much for your responses!!! I greatly appreciate them 🥰

Future Hubs & I have decided on Cali Grill (we love the contemporary) & maybe STK, he is a HUGE steak fan so what are y’all thoughts on STK or a better steak experience at Disney 😬 (again preferably Resort or Disney Springs)

To Everyone!

Thank you so so much for your responses!!! I greatly appreciate them 🥰

Future Hubs & I have decided on Cali Grill (we love the contemporary) & maybe STK, he is a HUGE steak fan so what are y’all thoughts on STK or a better steak experience at Disney 😬 (again preferably Resort or Disney Springs)

Shulas is probably a cut above (no pun intended) on steak. I haven't tried STK though since I see it in every other city I travel to. I really like the strip steak at Narcoosees but I'm not the food connoisseur I pretend to be so take that with a grain of seasoned salt.

Congratulations!!! I’d like to suggest looking into Capa at the Four Seasons. It’s on the 17th floor and has amazing steaks, seafood and tapas. You can see MK fireworks (if they’re back by then) as well. My next suggestion would be Bull and Bear at the Waldorf. Both resorts are a short Uber ride away. I’ve never been to STK but I hear it’s very loud due to the live dj, which leaves little room for a normal speaking level conversation.
Hope you both enjoy whatever you decide!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter