Restaurant recommendations at Sea World

hrhlaurie

Disneyland - my True Home
I just wanted to see if you had any meal or snack tips or places to avoid at Sea World.

We wanted to try and do the Dine with Shamu but we're only there for one day, with hours from 6 - 6 and don't want to miss any shows so we'll probably just pick up food as we walk to shows and attractions.

Thanks!

Hi HRH Laurie, you CAN do it all. Just plan in advance. We just went a couple weeks ago and you MUST plan your day around Dine w/ Shamu. If you do the 1 p.m. lunch, you can go to the 11 dolphin show, the 12 p.m. Shamu show, the 3:30 Pets Rule and the 4:30 Risky Rescue and then do all the non-scheduled items in between at your leisure. It's so doable and you can't miss the lunch. It's one of the highlights.

If you choose to Dine, be sure to book your seats in advance by phone. They'll give you the best available seats at the time of booking. You're almost guaranteed to be right by the tank.

If you have questions I'd be happy to answer them. We were there with our 6 yo and 2 yo and if they can do it all in one day, I think anyone can.

Wow, tempting...

I need to see if they've updated their schedule since it currently only goes through May 25th and we'll be there on the 29th with reduced park operating hours.

Since our granddaughter is almost 4 and doesn't eat much except macaroni and cheese we weren't sure the show was going to be worth it so I was going to sign us up for the tour that takes you behind the scenes at a couple of places.

Now you make me want the lunch with Shamu...

Thanks for the advice and I'll keep watching the schedule.

I don't know much about the BTS tour, but I would guess your granddaughter would prefer the lunch. The tours are WALKING tours and you know how 4 yos can be. She'll get to sit, other than the buffet line, which has the kids' buffet of hot dogs, mac and cheese, chicken fingers, and the like, and a dessert buffet too. If you are right by the tanks you might even get wet! We had Shamu do a jump RIGHT IN FRONT of our table. We got soaked, but it was so worth it. It's just amazing being that close.

(PS They don't intentionally soak you, it just happens from time to time.) I have a great photo of the jump right before we were splashed.

To each his own, but we've been twice now and it's totally special and well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter