Restaurant reviews and recipes...formerly Disney QOTD

Have not eaten there either. But would like too. I have met him. Somewhere I have a photo of me shaking his hand. And he probably autographed it. I know he was at last year's Food & Wine Fest too.

Haven't eaten there

There's so many I haven't eaten at, I'm going to try lots of new places during our trip next January.
That's what I LIKE to think too, but I usually only add 1 or 2 NEW places (with free dining), because I like the tried and true! ;) Or, I'm just boring! :rotfl2:

ROTD.....4-24

Saana
Yet another place I never even heard of! Is this in AK?? :confused3 I MUST be boring! :rotfl2:

We really enjoyed Sanaa. We booked a table for when the restaurant opened for dinner and the servers did a traditional African song and dance to welcome the diners into the restaurant. We really enjoyed the various naan breads, I had the fish wrapped in bananna leaves which was very good and DH had one of the curries (can't remember which one) which he really enjoyed. We liked the theaming of the restaurant and we enjoyed the fact that it is situated next to the savanna so you could watch the animals as you ate your meal.

That's what I LIKE to think too, but I usually only add 1 or 2 NEW places (with free dining), because I like the tried and true! ;) Or, I'm just boring! :rotfl2:

Yet another place I never even heard of! Is this in AK?? :confused3 I MUST be boring! :rotfl2:

That's how I am, Boring. I find a place I really like and I just keep going back to the same place. I'm going to change that this January and try some new places, it'll just be my DH and I so no picky eaters.

I haven't eaten at Sanaa either, another place to try.

We went to Saana with Luv2Roam and her DH.....we really liked it.
DH likes it so much he went back on his solo trip.

We like all our favorites every trip too and then try to fit in a couple of new ones. It gets harder and harder. Yet another reason to make the trips longer and longer :rotfl:

Yes, yummy place. :thumbsup2 Always good service too.

I did find out when dining there with a group that Sanaa chefs use mango as a thickener. (They refer to it as "hidden mango".) This came about when one in our group happened to mention she was allergic to mango to the server. :eek: (The person thought as long as she ordered a dish without mango mentioned, she was okay. Found out that was not the case.)
As long as you are not allergic to mango, Sanaa is definitely worth a try.
We have a friend who is also allergic to mango. He says mango is in the nightshade family, and that is why some are allergic to it.

If any one is interested in seeing the pictures from DLR from my trip....send me a PM and an e-mail address and I will send you the link to snapfish

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken Oriental Salad

Recipe By :Narcoossee's, Disney's Grand Floridian
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chicken/Turkey Salads

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cooked chicken breasts -- sliced and chilled
4 ounces fresh pea pods
1/4 cup celery -- diced
1/4 cup tomatoes -- diced
1/4 cup carrots -- julienned
1/2 cup chow mein noodles
1 head lettuce
Sesame seeds -- toasted
Scallions -- sliced for garnish
Oriental Dressing:
1 cup soy bean oil
1/2 cup sesame oil
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup scallions -- sliced
2 tablespoons ginger -- minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon sesame seeds -- toasted

Salad: Toss first seven ingredients together and top with dressing, sesame seeds and scallions.

Oriental Dressing: Mix oils with vinegar. Add oyster sauce & sugar and blend well. Add remaining ingredients.

Shrimp Scampi with Orange Harissa

Recipe By : Narcoossee's, Disney's Grand Floridian
Categories : Seafood

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons Harissa (recipe follows)
12 large shrimp -- peeled and devined, tail on or off
Cilantro -- for garnish
Harissa:
2 roasted peppers -- skin removed
2 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes -- optional

Melt butter in a skillet or saute pan over high heat.
Stir in harissa, then add shrimp and saute about 3 to 5 minutes until shrimp are pink, firm, and slightly opaque.
To serve, garnish with cilantro.
Delicious with rice, couscous, or bulgur wheat.
Harissa:
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender to make a paste. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Note: You can buy roasted peppers or make your own. To roast at home, cut pepper in halves or quarters; remove seeds and membranes. Place on a foil-lined roasting pan. Broil skin-side up until skins are blackened. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let pepper steam and cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Peel and discard the skins.

Servers 4 as an Appetizer or 2 as an Entree - Maybe you could use smaller shrimp and make the servings smaller.

Shrimp With Linguine

Recipe By :Narcoossee's Restaurant, Grand Floridian
Categories : Pasta Seafood

1 pound linguine pasta
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 pound medium shrimp -- peeled and deveined
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Garnish: lemon slices and parsley sprigs

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
While pasta cooks, heat I tablespoon. of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add shrimp, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are barely pink.
Add broth and crushed pepper, if using. Increase heat to high and cook I minute or until shrimp are cooked through.
Stir in lemon peel and juice.
Put pasta in a serving bowl, add remaining tablspoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Add shrimp mixture, parsley and cheese. Toss to mix.
Garnish with lemon and parsley.

Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

Recipe By : Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian
Categories : Pie

3 eggs -- lightly beaten
1 pinch salt
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter -- melted
1 cup pecan meats
1/2 cup sugar
1 unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 400º.
In a mixing bowl combine ingredients in order given, mix well and pour into unbaked pie shell.
Bake for 5 minutes and then reduce heat to 300º and continue baking for 1 hour or until filling is thick.
Cool on wire rack and serve at room temperature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter