Restaurant USA: What dishes/products would your State bring to the "table"

I'm from Kansas (Kansas City) so I'd suggest BBQ and different varieties of bread (in a bakery, perhaps?). Oh...and the full line of Boulevard Beers.

"real" Jersey boardwalk fries & pizza (like Mack & Manco Pizza from Ocean City, NJ). A little Bruce playing in the background couldn't hurt.:music: :rockband:

Dave

"real" Jersey boardwalk fries & pizza (like Mack & Manco Pizza from Ocean City, NJ). A little Bruce playing in the background couldn't hurt.:music: :rockband:

Dave

and of course Taylor Ham (or pork roll depending on where you're from).

Taylor ham, egg and cheese on a hard roll - mmmmmmm:thumbsup2

Boiled crawfish, Gumbo, Etoufee, Po-Boys, Jambalaya, Blackened Catfish, Red Beans and Rice etc........:thumbsup2

and of course Taylor Ham (or pork roll depending on where you're from).

Yes of course, a key NJ staple. !!
Of course, don't forget (say it real fast) salt, pepper, ketchup.

(I'll never understand why people need the salt, isn't the taylor ham all salt?)

Dave

Chiming in for the South Jersy/Philly area, Cheesesteaks baby!
Since I'm a NYC nativ I'll be bring along our famous Cheesecake also.

Boiled crawfish, Gumbo, Etoufee, Po-Boys, Jambalaya, Blackened Catfish, Red Beans and Rice etc........:thumbsup2

Good stuff! Although I'm a 'yankee', my wife is from Lafayette and I really enjoy almost all of these - maybe except the red beans and rice.

I would add hushpuppies to the already suggested NC BBQ.

I would also add Thrasher french fries from the Boardwalk in OC, MD.

Being from the Lowcountry of South Carolina I would have to add shrimp and grits and a lowcountry boil.

BTW, what exactly is a cheesecurd anyway? :confused3

Hey Tonya -- from Mt. Pleasant, myself. I was going to suggest She-Crab Soup, but who doesn't love shrimp and grits and Beaufort Stew?

Tracie

I think Virginia could bring...............I can't think of anything distinctly Virginian. That's sad.:confused3

Hey Tonya -- from Mt. Pleasant, myself. I was going to suggest She-Crab Soup, but who doesn't love shrimp and grits and Beaufort Stew?

Tracie

It is a small world after all!!! Although I'm in Hilton Head, I am in Mt. Pleasant all the time - it is where my dog does his field training (actually Jedburg but it is barely on the map).

And she-crab soup is a great idea - it is one of my favorites. And let's not forget the crab cakes!!! (No sad little crab cakes in South Carolina!!!)

I think Virginia could bring...............I can't think of anything distinctly Virginian. That's sad.:confused3

I always think of Virginia ham - there's not much better than some salty ham on a biscuit - especially after a big night out. :rolleyes1

I want you to know that I had to go without taylor ham (or pork roll, as my Dad used to call it) for several years after moving to Florida. Unless people are from New Jersey apparently, they have never heard of taylor ham. I used to go into Publix and ask them to order some for me, and it just made thier little sun bleached heads explode. Last year they started carrying it (finally!!) and my cholesterol hasn't been the same since!

Glad to know others know the wonder of taylor ham!!

I LOVE Taylor Pork Roll!! Nothing better than a Taylor, egg and cheese in the morning. Slice it thick and you can serve it just like ham with eggs over easy.

OF course I second (or third) those Md. Crabcakes. Should be some Old Bay in those anyway, and offering steamed crabs at a WDW pavilion would probably be too messy for them to ever do.
For a lunch item, how about the Chicago Hot dog?? Love those!!

Since several folks have mentioned beer, I think this restaurant should also serve craft beers from across the country: New Belgium from CO, Karl Strauss from CA, Sweetwater from GA...this list could go on forever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter