Restaurants within walking distance of parks

kindakrazy2

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

I am wondering what kind of restaurants are within walking distance of the parks. Going down for a week in July with my girls and was hoping to eat something other then Disney food once in awhile. I know....I'm horrible! lol!

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Check out the website for Anaheim Gardenwalk. It's an nice outdoor mall a few blocks (very walkable) from DL. They have several restaurants including a Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen. You might also want to try Mimi's. We have one near our house and eat there several times a month. As you leave DL from the main walkway on Harbor, cross the street, turn left and walk down a little ways. They have breakfast, lunch and dinner and the menu has a lot of variety. The buttermilk spice muffins are awesome! Also along Harbor, you'll find a Denny's (standard, quick and fairly cheap) and an IHop (the quality can be hit or miss and this location is very pricey). I've never been to Captain Kidd's, but all reports say to avoid it like the plague! We will also be at DL in July. Maybe we'll see you down there!

Thanks Luv Bunnies! I was looking at Gardenwalk but wasn't sure how far away it was. I know they say a few blocks but sometimes you don't know how big those blocks are!

Hi everyone!

I am wondering what kind of restaurants are within walking distance of the parks. Going down for a week in July with my girls and was hoping to eat something other then Disney food once in awhile. I know....I'm horrible! lol!

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Here's a map to get a better idea of where the restaurants are located (click to enlarge):
http://www.anaheim411.com/2008_mapFRONT_xl.jpg

As PP mentioned, there is also Mimi's and Millie's. These restaurants are just north of McDonald's.

HTH!

Ok, this might be a stupid question but I noticed on that picture the Pumba parking lot is right across the street from Garden Walk. Isn't there parking lot shuttles that take people back and forth? Would it be possible to take the shuttle to the parking lot and then cross the street to Garden Walk?

Ok, this might be a stupid question but I noticed on that picture the Pumba parking lot is right across the street from Garden Walk. Isn't there parking lot shuttles that take people back and forth? Would it be possible to take the shuttle to the parking lot and then cross the street to Garden Walk?

Yes, indeed. I've never personally done it, but I've heard on many occasions of people that have.

Also, to the OP (and I'm sure you've considered this but,) Downtown Disney has some great restaurants, also.

Thank you. I know of at least one restaurant we want to eat at in Garden Walk and this will save our tired feet some walking.

The wife and I ate at the Fire and Ice grill last year and loved it. We'd never been to a Mongollian (sp?) grill before, so it was a cool experience. Great staff and a fun meal.

Thanks everyone!

For those of you who have eaten at Fire and Ice - what is the average price of a meal? I looked at the website and it seems like it would be lots of fun but there are no prices listed.

Thanks everyone!

For those of you who have eaten at Fire and Ice - what is the average price of a meal? I looked at the website and it seems like it would be lots of fun but there are no prices listed.

I don't remember the exact prices, kk, but I remember that we bought a $25.00 gift certificate for Fire and Ice last year that we couldn't use because we didn't spend the minimum $50.00(just me and the wife) (in fact we didn't come close) I hope that helps a little.

Also, just a tip restaurants.com has some cool gift certificates for that area. We bought one for House of Blues in DDT that we used and since we couldn't use the Fire and Ice one last year, we'll use it this year when we take our kids (as these don't expire until you use them). Also, google coupon codes for restaurant.com. I just bought a $50.00 restaurant.com gift certificate and a $50.00 House of Blues certificate for, literally $13.00 with a 70% coupon code.

Hope you have a blast.

Thanks so much for the idea Disneyrand. I really appreciate you popping in!

A dancing banana for you! :banana:

Thanks so much for the idea Disneyrand. I really appreciate you popping in!

A dancing banana for you! :banana:

You will never believe this, but my wife found the receipt from our lunch at Fire and Ice (don't ask me how she found it or why she still had it. Too freakin wierd). With two drinks (non-alchoholic) and our lunch it came to $26.48.

That was total with tax. Breakdown was:

2 GRILLED LUNCH 19.90
1 ICED TEA 2.50
1 DECAF 1.95

FOOD TOTAL 19.90
N/A BevTotal 4.45
Tax Total 2.13

Total Due 26.48

Oh wow! Thank your wife for me! I appreciate you guys checking on that for me! Disers are the best! :hug:

A lot depends on the kind of food you are looking for and for which meals.

For breakfast, besides Mimi's you have Denny's, IHOP, Coco's & Baker's Square. Yeah I know Denny's and IHOP aren't everyone's fave, but kids love them and eggs and pancakes are pretty simple.

Our favorite places at the Garden Walk are Roy's and McCormick & Schmick's, but they are higher end places. More moderate are CPK and Johnny Rocket's. Bubba Gump, Cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's are just like they are everyplace else in the country.

We really like Marri's for pizza and Italian food.

http://marrispizza.com/

A lot depends on the kind of food you are looking for and for which meals.

For breakfast, besides Mimi's you have Denny's, IHOP, Coco's & Baker's Square. Yeah I know Denny's and IHOP aren't everyone's fave, but kids love them and eggs and pancakes are pretty simple.

Our favorite places at the Garden Walk are Roy's and McCormick & Schmick's, but they are higher end places. More moderate are CPK and Johnny Rocket's. Bubba Gump, Cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's are just like they are everyplace else in the country.

We really like Marri's for pizza and Italian food.

http://marrispizza.com/

Millie's can also be hit and miss (next to McDonald's). It was great one year, not so much the next. No worse than Denny's in any case.

Avoid the IHOP like the plague... It is the most expensive pancake house I have ever been in. Went there back in 2008 and for the price we paid, for a family of 4, we could have done a character breakfast inside Disneyland! :headache:

Thanks so much everyone! Now I know to avoid Ihop like the plague! lol! Wonder why its so expensive there? Guess the Disney-markup got them. :confused3

Thanks so much everyone! Now I know to avoid Ihop like the plague! lol! Wonder why its so expensive there? Guess the Disney-markup got them. :confused3

I think IHOP is generally expensive no matter where you go. We paid over $60 for lunch for our family of four at the one near our house a few months ago. We usually pay less than $45 at comparable places around here. The one by Disneyland seems to run around 20% higher than most IHOPs. I think people have noticed their high prices. It's a huge place and in the past few years, I've never seen it even half full. We started avoiding it on our last trip and will continue to do so to protect our wallets!

http://www.accommodationsneardisney.com/Disneyland/default.asp

click on the purple "restaurants" button at the top of the map. Pretty much you've either got Downtown Disney dining or the ones across the street on Harbor Blvd.

And yes, the IHOP is much more expensive there. I don't know about other people, but I expect to pay under $10 a person at IHOP at the one near us, so I think $60 for 4 people is pricey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter