Return to the Magic- Our Pre Trip Report

400 days to go!

We booked 80 days ago, which means we are already a sixth of our way through our wait! I wish we could do a bit more planning now.

I can't wait for the new Unofficial Guide to come out (end of August)or for park schedule (January!!)

It's now 399 days until we go. We're into the 300s at last! Yipee! Looking forward to getting under a year to the trip.

I realised the other day that our countdown for this trip is longer than our wedding countdown! LOL! We got engaged on 30th May 2009, booked our Church on 2nd May and got married on 14th August the following year. This WDW trip wins by over a month!

:rainbow:

We are still in the 400s - think about 415 now.

I think this trip is our longest wait too. The last trip was booked mid-June 2013 departing 3rd Sept 2014. This trip was booked 16th May departing 31st August 2016.

I was just having a look at menus during a break in the day. Oh how I wish I was back :bored:

I may have also been looking at menus today... whoops, I mean: I have worked hard all day! ;)

What menus were you looking at?

I was looking at Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe & T-Rex (even though we went to T-Rex last year, I cannot remember what I had! But it was lovely! :scratchin)

I also watched a Tim Tracker video today were they ate in Sci-Fi diner. We completely bypassed it, but they really liked it. Might be worth a look too :goodvibes

I was checking out some of the Signature Restaurants, trying to decide on somewhere new to try to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Even taking into account I probably won't order my own main course (we can easily share some of their giant portions!), they're just so expensive though, and that's before thinking about a tip! I'm so bad at spending money on food. I hate spending more than I need to, which is going to make this a little tricky!

I think breakfast at 'Ohana has to go on our list this time! Looks yummy, and I'd love to meet Lilo and Stitch!

I must take a look at 'Ohana, never looked at its menu before.

There was a thread were a girl is doing a TR based only on the food she ate. Grand Floridian Cafe looks lovely, and the (its either called Cafe or Grand) Sandwich sounds & looks lovely.

We did very little table restaurants last time, mainly because we didn't have the dining plan so didn't want to be spending all our money on food! But next time breakfast at BOG & Crystal Palace is a must. Would also love to try lunch at BOG.

We had the regular DDP last year, so we ate at a Table Service every day: we did Mama Melrose (lunch as the Fantasmic Package - not great), Be Our Guest (dinner- loved it), Akershus (lunch- loved it), Crystal Palace (pre-RD breakfast- food was OK, being in the park early was amazing), Tusker House (lunch- amazing- on our must do again list!) and Cinderella's Royal Table (dinner on our final night- really enjoyed it).

At the moment, my list for ADRs is:
'Ohana- breakfast
Tusker House- lunch
Be Our Guest- breakfast/lunch- as these are QS, we may try get a couple of reservations there!

And then on the maybe list is Sci-Fi Dine In (looks cool) and Via Napoli. Not sure about these two.

I think we're sadly going to nix the Wishes Dessert Party now the price has doubled! Boo!

Is breakfast/lunch at BOG QS? I didn't know this! Glad I found that out!

Ours so far are:-

Breakfast - Crystal Palace
Breakfast - BOG (possibly lunch now to as it is QS!)
Boma - lunch or dinner
Grand Floridian Cafe

Will have to take a look at Tusker House's menu.

Did you do the Premium Frozen Summer Party last year? This year's Premium tickets included a Frozen dessert party for the fireworks. If that is happening again next year I am going to seriously consider it. Although we are (hopefully) going to be there for the first MNSSHPs, which we will definitely do again.

We did do the Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package last year, and it was great. I seem to think the price has increased this year, and some of benefits are not as big as last time (the reserved seating for the parade isn't so important, as there's been two parades this year, and you can get a FP+ for the Frozen Sing Along now too). The dessert party was lovely! We really enjoyed it, and it included some lovely alcoholic punches! YUM! :)

BOG is currently QS for breakfast and lunch, but you never know with Disney. Stuff changes, especially if they can get more money out of it. Hopefully they'll stay QS as I want to go back!!

Hooray! I sold my old, unused guitar on eBay, and I now have enough money in my "spend on anything fund" to buy some Donald Duck Vans! I am a happy, happy lady! :D

He is rubbish at hints. I basically buy all my own Christmas presents now, because the first three years we were married, he bought me almost nothing! :sad2:

He's a real sweetie, his family just aren't into gift giving- mine always have been (not expensive but thoughtful) and gifts is my primary love language, so they're unfortunately pretty important to my emotional well-being! I really miss the Dis gift exchange. I had such wonderful gifts :)

Same here, I have to physically show DBF what I would like for Christmas and birthdays. A list is not enough! :sad2:

I love gift-giving. We seem to be in the same position. My family are gift givers, and his are not. Every Christmas DBF gives the same reaction to the large "Santa sack" my parents fill for him. Nothing expensive, they try and find things that will be useful, as well as some thoughtful gifts too.

I never knew about the DIS gift exchange! Maybe someone could bring it back?

I think there was a problem with the gift exchange, but I'm not sure what it was. I took part in the Christmas 2013 exchange and the Valentines 2014 exchange. :) It was done anonymously, so I still have no clue who bought my amazing gifts :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter