Returning points to proper use year

amybethchristiansen

Mouseketeer
So we have a stay scheduled for the first week in August. We were using mostly our 2019 points *which I can still bank*, but we borrowed a bunch from our 2020 use year. My kids are not certain they want to go now. If we cancel, do you think we'll be able to put the 2020 points back into 2020?

That’s the big question that has yet to be answered. Now that the resorts will be open, no one has confirmation from DVC if the rule to return borrowed points is still in play,

The wording has always indicated it was only for resort closure, and when it was closed until further notice, they applied it to all,

Now that DVC resorts at WDW open June 22nd, it may no longer apply. All you can do is call and ask.

I’d move quickly - I did mine last week for a July booking as I can’t go from the UK and feared this scenario could happen.They may not have worked through this policy yet, but it could literally end any time.
I wouldn’t call and ask as such, I’d call and say I want to cancel and return points as their last communication on the issue confirmed we could.

I just noticed it is missing from the website in regards to borrowed points,

So, it means they are no longer going to allow it except for reservations through June 22nd...maybe longer for VCG and Aulani..or, with the update, they didn’t put it in because they may only do it now case by case vs, a broad policy.

That's too bad. I've had a kidney transplant and me going to Disney is a bad plan right now even with the safety precautions. I'll have to call them to see if any exception can be made.

So we have a stay scheduled for the first week in August. We were using mostly our 2019 points *which I can still bank*, but we borrowed a bunch from our 2020 use year. My kids are not certain they want to go now. If we cancel, do you think we'll be able to put the 2020 points back into 2020?
use the chat line in the booking window .I am just off with member services chat line and they confirmed if a reservation is cancelled now for a November reservation I was checking on the points would be returned to the 2021 use year

use the chat line in the booking window .I am just off with member services chat line and they confirmed if a reservation is cancelled now for a November reservation I was checking on the points would be returned to the 2021 use year

Great to know! Hopefully they continue the policy for a little bit as people make decisions!

you were lucky - chat has been down every time i've checked (including now) 😟

About an hour after the announcements yesterday, I contacted MS to cancel our first week of July, all on borrowed points from 2020. (SO disappointed when they said July 11. we'd really hoped it would be the 1st,) Phone lines were busy or n/a. Chat was spotty, but I did get in the chat queue. After about 30 mins, chatted w a rep, I specifically said we wanted to cancel, ONLY if we were assured borrowed points would be returned to 2020. She replied 'based on current policy, vacation points are being unborrowed,...' She then confirmed info, cancelled, and said it would take about 15 days. I hope that is try, as we have a Sept use year, and if points did stay in 2019, we'd only have until Aug 31 to use 190 points, and with school starting, no real chance to use them. I'll keep checking acct to make sure they get returned to 2020, but as of midday yesterday, that's what I was told. They could change that though at any time...

you were lucky - chat has been down every time i've checked (including now) 😟

Yep...I noticed the chat feature was down last night and this morning.

For that matter, then entire site was down for me last night...but it's back up except for chat this morning.

I tried 341 times before getting through to Member Services (sadly not an exaggeration...my phone keeps track). After being on hold 65 minutes, they did cancel and unborrow my points. They said it could take 2 weeks. Thanks for your advise everyone. We are now scheduled for Christmas and New years in the parks....if it doesn't get cancelled again!

I tried 341 times before getting through to Member Services (sadly not an exaggeration...my phone keeps track). After being on hold 65 minutes, they did cancel and unborrow my points. They said it could take 2 weeks. Thanks for your advise everyone. We are now scheduled for Christmas and New years in the parks....if it doesn't get cancelled again!
I was able to connect via chat and was in queue for about 60 minutes before connecting with a CM. I also was able to have them cancel and unborrow points (with 2 week wait).

In the same boat... I think.

August use year, borrowed 2020 points for 7/5 - 7/13 trip. Canceled trip yesterday since parks are closed except for last 2 days and points were returned but to 2019 use year.

Have been calling all day past 2 days only to get busy tone

I can’t get online chat it’s not an option on dvc online am I doing something wrong? Ok sounds like I have some experts here and need advice before cancelling 7/20 ressie! My sons 7/19 wedding was cancelled (LI, NY) and booked WDW ressie for honeymoon using borrowed points from 2021 (60 points). Can’t get thru on phone, did email but no reply yet, but very nervous if I cancel online they won’t go back to 2021 and would have to use by 2/1/21 (UY)! Any thoughts would be appreciated ty!

I can’t get online chat it’s not an option on dvc online am I doing something wrong? Ok sounds like I have some experts here and need advice before cancelling 7/20 ressie! My sons 7/19 wedding was cancelled (LI, NY) and booked WDW ressie for honeymoon using borrowed points from 2021 (60 points). Can’t get thru on phone, did email but no reply yet, but very nervous if I cancel online they won’t go back to 2021 and would have to use by 2/1/21 (UY)! Any thoughts would be appreciated ty!

I answered you on the other thread, When chat feature is overwhelmed, they shut it down, So, if it is not an option, system is overloaded, Keep trying as sometimes you can hit it just right and get into the queue.

I answered you on the other thread, When chat feature is overwhelmed, they shut it down, So, if it is not an option, system is overloaded, Keep trying as sometimes you can hit it just right and get into the queue.
Ty but this is the first time I posted, obviously a lot of people r in panic mode but I knew someone could hopefully advise me just to cancel online and 2021 PTs would be returned. Ty

Yes that notification just came thru sorry but there were a couple of threads just doing my best

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter