Rev: Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista North

QueenSafina

Earning My Ears
We recently returned from the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista North. This hotel was recently built and is conveniently located to all the major attractions. I will try to cover all the basics about the place:

The hotel is located off Palm Parkway, about 1/2 a mile past the Hampton Inn and Hawthorn Suites. We were able to go South on Palm Parkway to get into Downtown Disney or North on Palm Parkway to get to the Universal Studios area or Sea World.

Facilities:
The hotel was well equipped with more then we expected. First of all it was tropically decorated....some type of a Caribbean theme.

They offered a breakfast buffet in the morning. It was a hot buffet with a wide variety of fruits, breads, juices, and plenty of other stuff.

In the evening there was a manager's reception daily. We were never at the hotel to enjoy it, but understand there were pizza days, spaghetti days, hot dog days, etc....there was also free alcoholic beverages.

There was free shuttle service that provided round-trip service to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT Center, MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom. We never used the system as we had our own car, and found it easier to drive on our own.

The pool area was large and landscaped with tropical trees and waterfalls, etc. There were always a lot of people enjoying the sundeck and pool.

Other facilities included fitness center, discount tickets desk, business center, jogging trail, sport court and meeting space.

Accommodations:
We stayed in a studio-suite which featured a King-size bed, full-size kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, stove-top, kitchen sink and all the cooking supplies that we would need. There was a living area with tv, couch and seperate dining table. The suite was oversized and more then met our needs. It was well decorated too! We did not see any other suites, but found out that they also have family suites, and two-bedroom suites, and several other room types.

Price:
I think we got a great price. It was $79 which we made a few months ago through the hotels website. Their site is http://www.residenceinnlbv.com. I know they are listed on other sites, but found their site to have the best rates. As always, shop around.

I think I covered all the bases.....if I left anything out, please let me know.

QueenSafina

Nice review. Last month we stayed here in a 2br 2bath unit on the fourth floor. The brs were spacious and I really like the drawers in the vanity to collect all the "clutter". We had a full kitchen with an icemaker refrig, which came in handy. Also they gave us mw popcorn and coffee packets, etc.

The breakfast bar is good and has a variety to please most guests.

There are no restaurants close by, but I'm sure the area will be built up in a few years like the rest of the LBV.

reserved thru quikbook.com for $l05 rate nitely.

Help me out here. I am staying at this hotel in November. I can't figure out on the map how you get from there to Seaworld by taking palm parkway. Does palm parkway cross (or go under) I-4. I have a pretty good idea of where the hotel is and I know where seaworld is but I can't figure out how you get from one to the other. At the beginning of the week we are staying at HGVC near seaworld so we will be driving everyday from Seaworld to Disney. Can you use palm parkway to do that to?? I would appreciate it if anyone has detailed directions for the Residence in to Seaworld and from Seaworld to Disney.

Thanks!!

Are you familiar with Palm Parkway? It is the quite little road in Lake Buena Vista with several hotels, a few restaurants and a shopping center. It intersects SR 535, just one block North of the Downtown Disney entrance.

Are you familiar with Turkey Lake Road? This road runs parallel to Interstate 4 and is accessible via Central Florida Parkway (near Sea World) or by Sand Lake Road (near Universal Studios). Westgate Vacation Villas is also located on this road.

Recently, Palm Parkway and Turkey Lake Road were connected, forming a direct link between Lake Buena Vista and the Sea World - Universal Studios Area.

As for the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista North, this is located on the new extension, about a block from where the old Palm Parkway ended.

Hope this helps? Maps probably do not show this new extension, but believe me, its there....helped us out a lot!!

Cheers!

cubbages, don't worry about getting to SW. Turn right out of the hotel driveway, drive about 2 miles, you'll see signs for SW. It's less than 5 min to SW lot.

Thanks!

I'm having a hard time picturing it because the online maps don't have enough detail in that area (including the one on the residence Inn web page) but it sounds simple.

The pool area is quite nice....it is a large Kidney shaped pool with lots of lounge chairs and patio furniture to sit back and enjoy the sun and nice tropical landscaping. To be honest, I dont recall a kiddie pool, although someone else may have a better memory then me.
Cheers!

I just booked a 2 bedroom for $105 thru quikbook.com. It sounds like a nice place and I think it will be more spacious for my party of 6 than the HIFS. Thanks for the review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter