Review of a new favorite: Afternoon Tea

When we went to Disney last month the one thing my husband really wanted to do was the tea. We all went my daughter 17 my son 14 my husband and my parents. It was wonderful. My kids learned new things and the food was wonderful. We ordered a la carte instead of one of the teas and I really think it was a better deal and we each had what we really wanted. I had the peppermint tea and it was delicious. It came in a French press and I told my husband that is what I want for my birthday this year. ( A French press and loose peppermint tea). It was a wonderful experience and everyone including my father enjoyed it.

reminds me of the tea class I took at the Disney Institute!

Sounds like a must do next time we're in the World :)

Tea from a French press? I wonder if the one we bought a couple of weeks ago for my DH's coffee would work for my loose tea? I think I'm going to have to try it! Thanks for giving me the idea?

Belle5

The tea that I had was peppermint tea it was a loose tea and the waitress said that it was to small to be served the usual way so she used the French press it was very good.

Originally posted by lucysdad
My 4 yr old dd and I love to have tea parties at home (this is Lucy's mom) and we have PS for the afternoon tea when we are on our girls' only trip next week. We will be staying at CBR this time and it won't be convenient to go back to the hotel to change before heading out to the MK and I don't want to carry clothes around with me all night. So, can we go to the tea in regular park clothes?

The last time we went to tea we wore dressy shorts and collared shirts, and frankly we felt underdressed. Even DH said he wished we had dressed up a bit more like we did the first time we went. Is there a dress code? No. But keep in mind that in my experience most people tend to dress up a bit (resort casual).

Anne

Kim,
I'm so glad that you started this thread! We just made PS for 4:30pm and I wasn't sure if that would be a good time--eg, would they be running out of certain items, etc. It sounds like it'll work out just great!

Kellyh123,
We are planning on doing "a la carte" also and wondered how it would be. I'm glad to hear that you thought it worked out perfectly. Since there will be 5 of us (DH, myself, 3 DD's--14, 12, & 10) we thought that if we got a variety, we'd have a lot of fun trying different items. Is this what you did?

I'm looking so forward to the tea--I've been wanting to do it for years and now we finally will!! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter