Review of the Fountainview Cafe

Forever42

The best part of Disney is the food!
On the day that Mike and I were taking his parents around Epcot, I wanted to try out something at the Fountainview Café for breakfast. Mike’s parents wanted to eat in their room, and Mike himself wasn’t hungry, so I was alone in this venture. The Fountainview Café is easily accessible from the entrance of the park, as it’s on the side of Innoventions, so it’s a good starting point for the day.

We walked in and Mike and his parents sat down while I looked at the case. Everything is laid out nicely, and the food was presented well. They have mainly desserts, including cakes, pies, fruit tarts, and crème brulee. On the counter was a sign for breakfast pockets ($3.99), which is what I was looking for. There wasn’t very many people in the café at the time, even for a Saturday around 9am, so I walked up and ordered immediately. My food was brought quickly, and I sat down with the rest of the family.

The pocket was large enough for two people to share, and is made of a large croissant-like pocket filled with eggs, cheese, sausage, and ham. The pocket was of just the right temperature, and the filling was tasty. The pastry wasn’t very crisp, but was good anyway. I had wished that Mike was hungry, because it was almost too big for me for breakfast. I would suggest splitting one and sharing a fruit salad, to make it a little lighter. I personally don’t like heavy breakfasts on park days.

Besides food, they also have beverages including orange juice, soft drinks, coffee and espresso beverages, though I believe they’re all Nescafe. We had previously stopped here on a hot day for a diet Coke, and it’s quiet and peaceful inside. There are tables for two and stools at the bar, and behind the café are slightly larger tables in the convention area. You can watch the fountain shows from the inside of the café, though I don’t believe the music is piped in. It’s a great place to relax and unwind from walking around the park.

Photo gallery

My DH had the breakfast pocket on our last trip - he loved it!! A great value too, it's huge!!!

They have a croissiant there filled with a gooey cinnamon filling that is to die for as well! If you have a sweet tooth try that sometime.

Your review made me remember a warning for unsuspecting diners at Fountainveiw Cafe. My daughter and I stopped for a snack ~9:30 a.m. and decided to sit outside on the patio. A large black bird simply would not take "no" for an answer and kept dive-bombing us, trying to steal our food :D We went back inside and one of the CM said it was fairly common occurance....called the bird "Heckle", so I am assuming he is a "regular" there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter