Reviews of Renaissance World Gate

Dopey & Grumpy

<font color=006699>Empty Nesters enjoying WDW -
We booked 6 nights at the Renaissance World Gate thru PL for $35 a night. I read the reviews on the PL bulletin board but the latest was in February. A few people talked about "little bugs" and ants. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and if they had any problems with anything. We've booked before with PL and have always been satisfied and for the price, we won't quibble, but I was just wondering about anyones experiences recently. Thanks in advance.

I think this is the best deal on Priceline....great hotel, great location, and very nice room with small frig under the TV(took us a day to find it)..nice big garden tub with shower and a nice pool....no ants or bugs, but can happen in florida, so ask for a different room....have seen only one negative post...all others positive and we sure enjoyed it...Ted

We just got back last 3/15-3/12-our stay was through PL also. I loved it and so did dh. He liked it more than sog in fact. The rooms were a nice size, we stayed at the wyndham resort last year and it was way bigger than that. The bathroom looks small until you open the shower curtain and see the nice garden tub. Loved the fridge in the room and the safe-didn't have to pay extra for these, unlike sog. The fridge is a dorm size so it was big enough for the water bottles to stand up and the brita pitcher we took. We didn't have any problems with ants or any kinds of bugs. We were also on the 5th floor. It's not too far from a dw exit, I think about 1 3/4 mile. It's located on a street where there are a lot of restaurants so it was nice just to grab a meal on the way out or back. It's easy to miss because it doesn't have it's own real sign-I think it's a temp sign. We passed it and had to call the hotel. It's behind the store with the huge mermaid as part of the building.

Thanks tednvon and Goofyzgurl for the great reviews. I know that bugs are not uncommon in Florida but I've never experienced them in a hotel/motel. Usually we find them when we rent condo's when we go with all our family. Pardon my ignorance but...what's a garden tub? I'm not familiar with that term.

We've also stayed at SOG on a few occasions and found the rooms ok but small. We still go there for our tickets but found I'd rather spend the money I save on lodging for something more fun.

Thanks for the hint on how to find the place, Goofyzgurl and the hint on how to find the small fridge, tednvon. I appreciate your feedback.

Garden tubs are those tubs that you see a lot in the new houses being built. The outside of the tub is a square instead of a rectangle like the regular tubs. It seems deeper to me than the regular tubs too, so nice to relax in after a long day.

Life is funny....and perceptions and memory are strange...I swear the actual interior of the tub area was round, but a square tub that fit in the corner.........I know for sure the small frig was not round!!!!!!....enjoy...Ted

Perceptions are funny, not reading carefully isn't. I did say that outside was square, not the inside. Here's an excerpt from my original post, "The outside of the tub is a square instead of a rectangle like the regular tubs." Didn't say anything about the inside.

We also booked Renaissance World Gate through PL for our August trip.
$35/night seems to be standard price for this hotel, just wonder if there still
are other people paying rack rate for this hotel. We have requested
double-bed non-smoking room in advance by calling Marriott's 1-800 number,
and are guaranteed for that room type.

Thanks again for all the replies. I believe that these PL hotels set aside a certain number of rooms and when those are filled, they don't accept any more offers at the lower rate. But $35 a night seems to be the going rate right now for a 3*. I did try for a 4* but I wasn't willing to up my bid, once I reached my max, so went instead for a 3*. I know I'm going to be happy with the room. We really only sleep there and spend the rest of our time touring the state of FLorida - after spending considerable time in WDW. I love the idea that there's a back road to Disney behind the hotel. According to other posts I've read, if you use Sherberth Road, it takes you right to the Disney property, missing 192 completely. Can't wait to try it out.

Hi...Sherberth road is really slick way to Disney.....make sure you check out how to get on Sherberth from the RWG.....If you take the normal exit it will put you out on 192.....so from the parking lot go right to the parking lot in the Disney Building next door and exit through their parking lot onto Sherberth and turn right... you will go down a small two lane road for about a mile or so and it will take a sharp turn to the left and then a sharp turn to the right....you will come to a stop light....AKLodge will be on your left and AKingdom and the rest of Disney will be on your right......or check with front desk and ask how to access Sherberth rd...it is a little funny jog through a Disney lot but it is really fast...enjoy..Ted

Thanks to all of you for all these little tips. We've been to Disney off and on for 25 years and I've learned more on these boards than I learned on my own. It's a wonderful place for information and hints. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter