Revised DVC dining poll..

so how do we all feel regarding not being offered a dining plan?

• Do you think DVC Members should be offered a dining plan? YES

• Do you think DVC Members should be offered a dining plan? NO

• Would you add the Dining Plan to your reservations if it was offered? YES

• Would you add the Dining Plan to your reservations if it was offered? NO

• Do you think that a dining plan would be a nice perk? YES

• Do you think that a dining plan would be a nice perk? NO

• Do you care that we don't have a dining plan offered to us? YES

• Do you care that we don't have a dining plan offered to us? NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

CharlesTD

Lovin the Mouse since 96
Ok here is the revised poll from earlier hopefully this one has all the options in it this time.

As I said before, there are many perks I don't take advantage of, but it costs me nothing to have them offered. If others can make use of them, great! I like to see as many options offered as possible, because we ( DVC members ) don't all vacation in the same way, and what works for me may not work at all for another family. Options are good! Bring on all the perks DVC can negotiate for us, I say!

I voted yes for all four questions. If we had a dining plan, I would probably eat more sit-down meals.

If they gave us a dining plan, they would have to roll me out on a luggage cart at the end of 11 days! :earboy2:

dianeschlicht said:
If they gave us a dining plan, they would have to roll me out on a luggage cart at the end of 11 days! :earboy2:

Exactly! :teeth:

I have never seen the dining plan appeal so I don't see me ever using it.

However, I also think that if they do offer it the next round of posts will be "it costs too much" LOL!

From what I understand, the dining plan offers one table service meal, one counter service meal, and one snack per day per person. Right? I ask because as an AP holder I've never been eligible to buy it anyway...but now that I'm a DVC holder that also negates me!

I voted YES on all four counts. See, that's what we currently do (one table, one counter, one snack) so we would be able to use it and would make sure that the times we purchased it, we used it to our advantage. I have *not* compared using the DDE card (which we also have and have had for years being FL residents). It does save us money on the table service meals, but not on counter or snacks...so it becomes hard to compare accurately. But I sure would like the opportunity to compare! ::yes::

We just got AP and DDE. Always looking for ways to save and don't like to cook on vacation. Dining plan would help us get more resies before we go. We always have one or two meals with no resie and have heated group discussions about where to go (or where we can get in). Bring on the meal plan!

Yes, I wish it was available. We would have probably added it to our Dec ressie instead of getting the PAP's and the DDE card. I think it would be a great perk that a lot of members would enjoy. Yes, it does bother me a little we can't get it. I have posted before that the lack of meal plan usage made us hesitate to buy DVC. We decided to accept it and joined anyway! :) I do wish they would offer it to DVC members.

Our family is of the thinking we don't want it we don't need it and we wouldn't use it. We like to cook while we are on holidays and rarely eat at anything other than our room now. We do a couple meals at Chef Mickeys and tha is about it. We do 2 meals offsite and the 2 chef mickeys meals in 2 weeks so a dining plan for us would be a waste.

CharlesTD said:
Our family is of the thinking we don't want it we don't need it and we wouldn't use it. We like to cook while we are on holidays and rarely eat at anything other than our room now. We do a couple meals at Chef Mickeys and tha is about it. We do 2 meals offsite and the 2 chef mickeys meals in 2 weeks so a dining plan for us would be a waste.
Oh, wow! See, I hate to cook, so eating out is one of the BEST parts of going on vacation! ::yes::
But as they say...to each his own!
(I just need to make sure I'm not rooming with Charles! ;) )

I have a DDE card, and I like to save money by eating in the villa as well as sitting on the verandah while eating!! We maybe have 3 dinners out - the rest is pretty much all in situ.

kadaten said:
Oh, wow! See, I hate to cook, so eating out is one of the BEST parts of going on vacation! ::yes::
But as they say...to each his own!
(I just need to make sure I'm not rooming with Charles! ;) )

Ah come on you would love it we do a roast in eh crock pot and we do lasagna and spaghetti. For breakfast it is pancakes or french toast or bacon and eggs or omlets. I know you wouldn't say no to any of those things LOL.

I voted for all yes answers. I would love to add a Dining Option to my reservation. We eat breakfast everyday in our suite, but I never cook for lunch and dinner. We eat those meals out everyday of vacation.

We did use the DDE card in August and it worked great but I would love to see other options for DVC members.

jarestel said:
As I said before, there are many perks I don't take advantage of, but it costs me nothing to have them offered. If others can make use of them, great! I like to see as many options offered as possible, because we ( DVC members ) don't all vacation in the same way, and what works for me may not work at all for another family. Options are good! Bring on all the perks DVC can negotiate for us, I say!

That's my feeling exactly!!! I love my DDE card. It has saved me a bunch. But the time is coming that I won't have an AP, so that perk goes out the window. Maybe even just making DDE available for DVC people across the board at a great rate. We tend to eat breakfast in our villa, leave the parks at lunchtime and eat a sandwich back in the villa, then have a big dinner someplace. We do one character breakfast though..usually on our last day. So, a 'regular' dining plan wouldn't work for us...too much eating out. But, if it were reasonable enough, maybe we would eat out more often!!!
And pot roast in the crock pot??? I need to be there when you are CharlesTD!!! Yum!

goofy4tink said:
That's my feeling exactly!!! I love my DDE card. It has saved me a bunch. But the time is coming that I won't have an AP, so that perk goes out the window. Maybe even just making DDE available for DVC people across the board at a great rate. We tend to eat breakfast in our villa, leave the parks at lunchtime and eat a sandwich back in the villa, then have a big dinner someplace. We do one character breakfast though..usually on our last day. So, a 'regular' dining plan wouldn't work for us...too much eating out. But, if it were reasonable enough, maybe we would eat out more often!!!
And pot roast in the crock pot??? I need to be there when you are CharlesTD!!! Yum!

Well we will be there Dec 06 for a week at OKW then on the cruise for 3 days then SSR for a week come on down and join us and come for dinner you are more than welcome we also do roasted potatoes in the oven and broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce and cheesecake for dessert.

Yes, No, Yes, No. Staying at a DVC 1br and not using the kitchen is a waste of hard earned $$ for us. I can eat healthier back at the room, have snacks in the parks, and not have to worry about how I'm going work it off on my vacation. Keeping the weight off is no walk in the park ... or is it? :rotfl2:

Hmmm...I don't stay DVC for the kitchen. We want 1BR because my kids go to sleep at 8:00 but we dont' like to. So, we would get 2 rooms, which isn't cheap. THEN you have to deal with the possibility of not getting connecting rooms since it can't be guaranteed. With a 1BR, we have the 2 rooms, all the space we need, and nice accomodations. We *do* use the fridge (and would normally rent one if it's not included in the room), so that's a must for us. But we eat out most of our meals. Now that we do have the kitchen we might bring easy things for breakfast and such, but probably already made.....like make and bring muffins for a couple days' breakfast. Who knows.....

I think it would be a nice perk for DVC members. And I might try it, but I would have to do some research on whether it would be cost effective for us.

Right now, I really like the DDE card because the discount includes your alcoholic drinks. I prefer having a drink with dinner and get my 20% off, then try to eat an appetizer, meal and dessert on the dining plan. We just can't eat all that food. And I would have to pay for my cocktail.

I don't know if they still do it, but years ago when we had the meal plan with our package, the waiters encouraged you to order more because it increased their tip.

BTW, we don't cook in the villa. One of our favorite things at WDW is eating out. Some mornings our girls eat cereal for breakfast, but usually we go to the Boardwalk Bakery. yum yum

We just got back from a 12-night DVC stay. We ate a total of 5 sit-down meals (Biergarten, LTT, Kona Cafe, Chef Mickey's and Beaches and Cream) and I honesty don't think we could have eaten one more. We had counter-service about 8 times. All other meals were in our room. You don't have to actually cook to eat in the room. We had bagged salads and tuna, bagels and cream cheese for lunch and cereal or meal bars for breakfast. The kids had pbj or moz. sticks. I boiled eggs one night and had egg salad a couple times for lunch.

For us, the meal plan would be a waste. We did purchase the DDE card because we'll use it for 2 trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter