Ride differences between DL and WDW

A Monday and a Tuesday
Monday is likely to be an utter zoo and could be insanity if we are talking about Columbus weekend. DCA will close early on Tuesday for OBB. As others have said I really would look at doing a 3 day park hopper. My rec for dates would be 3 day hope for a fri/sat/mon with OBB on Sunday.

I remember the time I went on Pirates at WDW, and not long after I had settled in to enjoy the ride, it ended. 😥

The first time our family rode the WDW version we all got off wondering where the rest of the ride was and if there was a walk through or something. I often just skip it at WDW unless I am with others who may want to ride it.

The first time our family rode the WDW version we all got off wondering where the rest of the ride was and if there was a walk through or something. I often just skip it at WDW unless I am with others who may want to ride it.
I’m also a skip it unless it’s a walk on or I can get a near immediate LL return time.

What days of the week. October is probably the busiest month of the year. I would recommend at minimum a 3 day park hopper and to attend Oogie boogie bash on a non park day.
We were thinking the 30th of Sep and 1Oct. Do you think it would be too busy and skip Disneyland all together and just spend couple of days in LA instead?

Thanks

Shall we go to Universal Hollywood instead for a day? What are the rides differences with Universal Orlando as we will be spending 5 days at Universal Orlando before we head to DW.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye (uses same ride system as DINOSAUR at AK)
OP, if you are considering skipping Indiana Jones, because DINOSAUR is so rough it’s almost unrideable, reconsider. Although they are the same ride system, for some reason, Indiana Jones is just a nice thrill ride without the hip-bruising shoulder-jolting trauma of DINOSAUR.

OP, if you are considering skipping Indiana Jones, because DINOSAUR is so rough it’s almost unrideable, reconsider. Although they are the same ride system, for some reason, Indiana Jones is just a nice thrill ride without the hip-bruising shoulder-jolting trauma of DINOSAUR.

That is true. While they both use the same ride system and even track layout, the "Enhanced Motion Vehicle" is programmed differently. Dino os more in the dark with a lot of sudden scares and jumps. Indy has more scenery to look at and the vehicle lets you do so. There are definitely stilla couple of quick turn and "drops" but it's not as rough overall.

That is true. While they both use the same ride system and even track layout, the "Enhanced Motion Vehicle" is programmed differently. Dino os more in the dark with a lot of sudden scares and jumps. Indy has more scenery to look at and the vehicle lets you do so. There are definitely stilla couple of quick turn and "drops" but it's not as rough overall.
Thanks, do you know what rides are different between universal Orlando and Hollywood?

Monday is usually the busiest day of the week. If you are talking about 2024- the Imagine annual passes are not blocked that Monday- Wednesday and then they are blocked for almost 2 weeks- so you can expect that they may crowd the parks those days. You would be much better off if you could make your days the Saturday and Sunday before that when the Imagine passes are blocked. Universal in California is tiny compared to Orlando. It does have the backlot/studio tour which is fun- but if you want a studio tour- Warner Brothers is great.

We are WDW vets and I would say Pirates is a must do at Disneyland. It is soooo much better than the WDW version. We also love Alice and the Monsters Inc ride for things there is nothing like at WDW. Haunted Mansion should be back by then and with the nightmare before Christmas overlay.

Thanks, do you know what rides are different between universal Orlando and Hollywood?

Okay, so Uni Hollywood is a little different than Uni Orlando, though most rides that are the same are exactly the same. So, let me run it down:

Universal Studios Hollywood
Upper Lot

Despicable Me Minion Mayhem - exactly the same except for the pre-show
Silly Swirly Fun Ride - aerial spinner
The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash - UNIQUE, may require virtual queue
Dreamworks Theater: Kung Fu Panda - UNIQUE
The Simpsons Ride - exactly the same
Waterworld: A Live Sea War Spectacular - UNIQUE and CANT MISS! Seriously, it's better than the move! I recommend watching the last show of the day.

Wizarding World
Flight of the Hippogriff - exactly the same
Forbidden Journey - exactly the same

Lower Lot:
Jurassic World - newly themed with new effects, but same raft ride as JP in Orlando
Revenge of the Mummy: very similar but not exactly the same as the Orlando counterpart
Transformers: The Ride 3D: exactly the same

Super Nintendo Land
Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - UNIQUE, may require virtual queue

Now, here's the trick.

Backlot Tour:
This will contain elements from several attractions at Universal Orlando. The tram will take you into the movie studio lot, but will stop at several special effects sound stages including:

Earthquake - this is what used to be at USO as Disaster but is no longer there
King Kiong: 360 3-D - similar to the main portion of Kong in Orlando, but without the temple and animatronic scenes
Fast & Furious: Supercharged - basically the entire ride that is in Orlando

There will be other stuff to see too, but the tour includes those three as part of the almost one hour long ride experience. It is well worth doing for sure!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter