Ride Swap --TEAM BELIEVE--

Yes they should be double matted. At least all of the one's I have ever recieved in a swap before are. Hope that helps.

Cyndi princess:

I'm sorry to belabour the point but I thought the photo mats had to be double-matted but the frames didn't. When I looked at the pics from previous swaps, it didn't look like any of the frames were double matted. I'm having trouble figuring out a design for my frames and would really like to go today to buy my paper. I just can't figure out how much I'll need to make all of the frames. :confused3

Can I change my title to Turtle Talk (from Pochohontas and her forest friends?) Sorry have a mind block on what to do for a PP for Pochohontas.

Thanks

TPCShauna said:
I'm sorry to belabour the point but I thought the photo mats had to be double-matted but the frames didn't. When I looked at the pics from previous swaps, it didn't look like any of the frames were double matted. I'm having trouble figuring out a design for my frames and would really like to go today to buy my paper. I just can't figure out how much I'll need to make all of the frames. :confused3

I don't think any of the ones I received for the Everything Else swap were double matted. And the instructions simply say "embellished", not double matted & embellished.

It may not be the 'right' approach, but I reference the swap elements that are posted & go with the way the majority of them are done when I have a question. If you count the picture being framed, it will be double matted if there are 2 pieces to the frame. That sounds reasonable to me. :confused3

piratesmate said:
I don't think any of the ones I received for the Everything Else swap were double matted. And the instructions simply say "embellished", not double matted & embellished.

It may not be the 'right' approach, but I reference the swap elements that are posted & go with the way the majority of them are done when I have a question. If you count the picture being framed, it will be double matted if there are 2 pieces to the frame. That sounds reasonable to me. :confused3

Thanks for your reply. I just went back and looked at all the pictures from the park swaps and everything else swaps that you had posted. The majority of the frames were not double-matted but were a single frame that had decorations on the front although there were a couple that were double and embellished. I'm not sure I understand what you said about counting the picture being framed and it being double matted if there are 2 pieces to the frame. I feel like a goofball because I don't get it.

I just don't want to make ugly stuff that no one will use. :confused3

Man I'm getting SO annoyed! I have had so much trouble today with writing out a post & getting an error when I hit Submit - then everything is lost! :earseek: Trying again....

Journal boxes get double matted. They have 3 layers. For example, white to write on, on top of red which is 1/8" larger and the back layer is black & 1/8" larger than the red. The journaling is double matted.

For a frame, I believe it is the picture that is getting double matted, not the frame. To double mat a picture there are only 2 layers of CS. In the Everything swap, the Goofy frames are what I consider double mat...2 frame layers to go over the picture. If you double matted the frame there would be 3 layers of CS over your picture. Does that make sense?

I took it that some people thought "outside the box" and considered the embellishments to be the 2nd mat....like the one in the AK swap with the leaves & bugs in the corners.

I seriously doubt that you'll make ugly stuff that we won't like or use! I think we all consider the stuff posted for the swaps to be really nice! If you've viewed that to get ideas, I'm sure yours will also be really nice! You sound like me doing my first swap. I stressed over everything, but ended up getting a bunch of really nice compliments on my stuff. Relax! :teeth:

BTW - Don't feel like a goofball for not understanding. More likely it was the dumb way I "explained" it! :rolleyes: And that's pretty bad considering that was what I did for my job - explained things in detail so anyone could understand it - even the CEO. :rotfl:

Hey Deb!

Don't feel bad about your post thing. It's happened to me ALLLLLLLL day.

I think I understand now. I was just going to cut out a frame from a nice paper and put some embellishments on it which looks to be similar to what most people did in the MK and Epcot swaps. I hope this will work but please tell me if I am wrong.

And thanks for understanding that I am a new swapper (and relatively new scrapper) and therefore extremely paranoid! :p

I think it sounds great! :teeth: As you said, that's what most people seem to have done in the past. ::yes::

Hey Shauna I wanted to opologize , when you said frames I was thinking photo mats. So as everyone said no they don't have to be. Sorry for the confusion. I also got confused because when I think of frames I think of the frame with a peice of paper underneath it in which you slide the photo inside. ( which to me is duble matted ). And I don't think anyone will find your peices unusuable, so please do not stress .

Cyndi princess:

Hey Em-- Are you going to PM us your addy? I've been working hard on my swap stuff. :cool1:

Don't even worry. I just want to make sure that I am doing this whole thing right. I'm still stressing on designing my pieces.

Here's another question: How do y'all usually handle lettering for toppers and borders? If it was just one, I would use stickers but I have no idea what to do with 24! :earseek: Any advice is much appreciated!!

TPCShauna said:
Don't even worry. I just want to make sure that I am doing this whole thing right. I'm still stressing on designing my pieces.

Here's another question: How do y'all usually handle lettering for toppers and borders? If it was just one, I would use stickers but I have no idea what to do with 24! :earseek: Any advice is much appreciated!!

I am by no means an expert, but I would think that you'd want to look at rubber stamps or die cuts (if you have a QK or Sizzix or Sidekick, etc). I love the alphabets from Close to My Heart, and Stampin Up's are pretty good too.

I *knew* I forgot something- If anyone is planning on mailing in the next week PLEASE PM me because I may not get to it before I get back from DL on Sat and I don't want to hold anyone up-

As for titles- I often use computer generated or Diecuts

TPCShauna said:

If it were me, I'd type and print it in cool font on the computer! Just be sure to use acid free paper.

Okay Ya'll I am leaving in T minus 5 hours for the happiest place on earth for the 50th kickoff so play nice when I'm gone- I'll be back on Sat night

If anything big happens- Take pictures :) -em

Tonight, I worked on my squares and boards. When my husband came in the room he informed that they have nothing to do with It's a Small World. I was so upset. Besides the song. I'm wondering if he is right or if I'm on the right track. I think of bright colored flowers, kids from all over the world, the clock tower, and the boat that you ride in. Needless to say, what do you think of when you think of the ride? I want to make pieces that everyone can use.
Shawna

Besides the annoying song? I think of exactly what you mentioned! ::yes::

The song isn't annoying! It's my favorite ride and I go on many times! I think of music notes and flowers and happy children. Your stuff sounds perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter