Ridemax: HM and Fast Pass?

talie95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. I recently bought Ridemax and have been playing around with it. It says to get FP for Haunted Mansion? I didn't think that HM had FP. Is this a ridemax mistake or does it really have FP?

Same here...I thought maybe they have a seasonal FP for the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. Anyone know for sure?

talie95 said:
Hi everyone. I recently bought Ridemax and have been playing around with it. It says to get FP for Haunted Mansion? I didn't think that HM had FP. Is this a ridemax mistake or does it really have FP?
In my experience Ridemax is rarely wrong about such things. As you might be aware, for the last several years HM goes down in Sept (it is down right now) to add its "Nightmare Before Christmas" overlay. It is supposed to re-open Sept 29 this year. This bumps the popularity of HM, and in fact the ride goes by a different name in some circles "Haunted Mansion Holiday", or HMH. When HMH opens, DL re-opens the FP machines. Or at least it has for the last several years. RideMax is counting on that apparently since DLR has done this in recent years. I doubt RideMax or anyone will know this for sure until Sept. 29. If you are going well after Sept. 29, I would recheck RideMax and/or this forum before your trip to confirm DL has HMH FP this year again.

Thanks Hydroguy. It would definitely be nice if it has the FP. We will be there Oct. 3&4 so I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Yes, thanks Hydroguy, we will be there the Oct. 13th and 16th. I will keep checking ridemax, which I play around with everyday anyway.

I looked it up one day because I was curious too. It is a service you purchase, and ridemax has put in all kinds of data about ride wait times for each day. You then plug in what days you will be there, and if you have certain times planned for meals - and then it actually generates a step by step guide of what rides to ride in what order to maximize your time and wait the shortest amount of time.

When Haunted Mansion Holiday became popular they did install Fast Pass. Like a previous poster said it was mainly only used during Holiday time. Awhile back a lot of fast pass machines were taken out. The FP machines for Haunted Mansion were also taken out. Last year they did not have FP for Haunted mansion Holiday. They have removed the FP machines for HM.

dletz said:
When Haunted Mansion Holiday became popular they did install Fast Pass. Like a previous poster said it was mainly only used during Holiday time. Awhile back a lot of fast pass machines were taken out. The FP machines for Haunted Mansion were also taken out. Last year they did not have FP for Haunted mansion Holiday. They have removed the FP machines for HM.
I used HMH FP last November, and I read that FP was available for all of the holiday season last year. So I think you are mis-remembering.;)

Further, I am pretty sure I saw HM FP machines still installed when I was at DL last month. The Star Wars FP machines were removed earlier this year, but I do not think the HM machines were removed.

The FP machines are still there, locked inside a gate. They did use FP on the holiday version last year, though one CM told me that he wasn't sure they'd use them this year.

talie95 said:

In my many, many times of going to Disneyland, during both on and off season, they do have FP for haunted mansion. You don't really need it unless there is a long line out to the entrance like in summer time. I went in December about 2 years ago and I believe the FP was open. Later in the day its a walk on, so not much of a need. HM & PoC both have fast loading systems so you dont wait too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter