• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rider Switch

CaryHaven

DIS Veteran
I know this has been discussed a lot, but I want to make sure nothing has changed since I was last here a year and a half ago. Previously, you could have a rider switch without all parties needing a fast pass. Is this still the case? For example if I get a fast pass for myself and my older daughter for Tower of Terror, since my younger daughter cannot go, can I get a rider switch for my husband who can take my older daughter again? Then I can make his fast pass for Rockn Roller coaster. Then I can turn around and get a rider switch for myself and older daughter for that. That is the way that it used to work and I've done it several times, but I have read differing opinions where some people believe all riders are required to have a fast pass now in order to use the switch.

Last edited:
It hasn't changed. One rider with a FP can get a rider switch pass allowing 3 back on the ride. For your family, only one of you would need to have FP.

Yes, that is what you need to do. We just got back and it worked out great as we had our new 3 month old with us, the 2 older boys got to go on everything twice. And the rider swap is good until the end of the month so there is no need to go back to back rides, you can use it whenever during your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter