Rides Per Day

rebrick2006

Earning My Ears
Can someone give me an idea of how many rides you can do per average day, including fast passes?

Depends on how long your day is.

Our days tend to be short, because the grandkids get worn out and always want to swim. We probably average about 2 rides/shows per hour. We can easily do 3-4 rides the first hour of the day, but some rides/shows can eat up an entire hour. And then there are always the meal, snack,and bathroom breaks.

How many people and what are their ages? Our trip with 2 small kids was very different from our trip with 2 HS/college aged boys.

Do you have park hoppers? That can make a big difference if you find AK or HS to be half-day parks.

What is your touring style? DS2's gf and her family hit the parks from RD to fireworks and love it. We tend to get there just after RD, and we're ready to head back to the resort at 2. Sometimes we're up to going back in the evening, sometimes not.

How many headliners do you want to hit? It's hard to get FPs for a second Tier 1 ride some days. Then you have to decide to wait for 75 min (or more) or skip it.

Our last trip was 2 very tired, frazzled adults coming off some heavy OT at work, 1 Aspie college student who doesn't do thrill rides, and 1 energetic HS senior. DH lost his phone on day 2, which killed some momentum, as did recovering from the drive down (16 hrs travel time).

We got 1-2 rides per hour most days, including our FPs. We did a lot of resting with big desserts or snacks, and TS 2 days. HS kid and I did single rider lines for roller coasters when available. We did about 5 rides in 2 hours at MK right after rope drop, then it slowed dramatically. Rode 3 rides each of our half days at AK and 2 of us did EE in the single rider line. Used 3-4 FPs at EP plus one ride and did a lot of walking around WS both our half days there. Did a show and 2 FPs at HS, then single rider line for RRC in our half day there.

And we had a really good time. We decided we didn't need to do it all this trip, and we took our time. Really enjoyed shopping, eating and drinking through WS. Got to ride the rides we all decided we couldn't miss due to booking FPs for those. SKipped some headliners that we couldn't FP.

So remember that your group and its style will be a really big factor.

I also think it depends on the park. At MK, I can easily do 15-20 rides/shows in a day with at least 10-12 FPs. AK I do more time wandering through the trails and animal watching, so that's probably more like 10-12 rides/shows with 6-8 FPs. HS is pretty similar numbers, the shows tend to be longer here so I usually do less attractions. And with Epcot, I usually spend close to half the day just wandering the world showcase and more time snacking/drinking, so probably more along 8-10 rides with most or all of those being FPs. At AK, HS, and EP I find my family repeating more rides as well compared to MK. But I do think on average 2 rides/hour is a good place to start.

Kids are 8 and 10 love thrill rides! They will probably sleep until around 8, have a quick breakfast and get there around 9/10 so no RD (unless its just necessary). We do have park hoppers.

I haven't been to Disney in 20 years my kids have never been... are headliners the big rides/shows?

I also think it depends on the park. At MK, I can easily do 15-20 rides/shows in a day with at least 10-12 FPs. AK I do more time wandering through the trails and animal watching, so that's probably more like 10-12 rides/shows with 6-8 FPs. HS is pretty similar numbers, the shows tend to be longer here so I usually do less attractions. And with Epcot, I usually spend close to half the day just wandering the world showcase and more time snacking/drinking, so probably more along 8-10 rides with most or all of those being FPs. At AK, HS, and EP I find my family repeating more rides as well compared to MK. But I do think on average 2 rides/hour is a good place to start.
Wow! Ok that's good to know! So we can get a lot done in one day it seems! My kids have never been so we will want some time to check things out, but overall they will want to ride!

A couple of pieces of advice:

Rope Drop (while "not necessary") is really worth it. You will experience the shortest waits of the day, and you can knock out a couple of the rides that will have horrendous lines later. You won't be able to get FPs for all of the headliners, so Rope Drop is your friend.

No matter how much energy everyone has, at some point you will hit the wall if you try to go non-stop all day. You'll need to plan on some down time, especially by Day 3 or Day 4, if Days 1-2 were go-go-go.

Kids are 8 and 10 love thrill rides! They will probably sleep until around 8, have a quick breakfast and get there around 9/10 so no RD (unless its just necessary). We do have park hoppers.

I haven't been to Disney in 20 years my kids have never been... are headliners the big rides/shows?

If you learn how to use the FP+ system, doing rope drop is absolutely unnecessary. We don't do it, have no desire to wake up at 6am on vacation. If you want to get up, fantastic, but you don't need to.

How many rides truly depends on what park and how "quick" you will get around. If we're trying hard to just do rides as quick as possible, we can do 8-10 rides...almost all via FP+...in a 5 hour period. Easiest in MK, maybe hardest in HS. If we're just casually walking around and in no hurry, we'll do 5-6 rides in 5 hours (this includes time to stop and eat). We never wait in a standby line more than 20 minutes or so, we use FP+ for most everything.

Thank you truly to everyone! Yes we are planning a some downtime/pool time as well. We are a go go go family but the kiddos like to sleep and will probably stay up late some nights. With that said we will try to get to some parks early to get in more rides on a few days. Any other info is greatly appreciated.

We are not rope droppers but ride most everything once at each park. We like to take our time and enjoy just being on vacation. That said, 10-12 rides are very doable and 13-20 possible with some repeats and little to no breaks.

Can someone give me an idea of how many rides you can do per average day, including fast passes?
mostly depends on the time of year. IF....you rope drop....during a week in September....and close the park....with 3 fast passes......you can pretty much do almost every ride.

We are not rope droppers but ride most everything once at each park. We like to take our time and enjoy just being on vacation. That said, 10-12 rides are very doable and 13-20 possible with some repeats and little to no breaks.
I agree! We want to enjoy vacation and also get in all the disney... we aren't coming back for a few years we have other vacation things my husband and I want our kids to see. However, we are sooooo excited to do this!

I think 15 to 20 attractions a day. We do shows and things like Pirates Adventure so those are a little longer and not strictly rides. If you're talking rides only and you're good at FP refreshing probably more but DHS and AK don't have that many rides.

We go in the mornings for 3-4 hours, take a break back at the resort, and head out from 6 til close. We average about 10-12 rides/shows but it’s not like we are running around non-stop.

One time in AK we did Kali river three times in a row over an hour just refreshing fast passes and grabbing another as soon as we scanned in....

We go in the mornings for 3-4 hours, take a break back at the resort, and head out from 6 til close. We average about 10-12 rides/shows but it’s not like we are running around non-stop.

One time in AK we did Kali river three times in a row over an hour just refreshing fast passes and grabbing another as soon as we scanned in....
Other times we just grab a ride and take a break eating a snack in an air conditioned space or grab a show in an air conditioned space, etc

A lot of people waste time criss-crossing the park due to poor planning and/or FP scheduling. If you rope drop into Tomorrowland or Frontier/Adventureland you can easily get 3-4 rides in the first hour. And, if you do Fantasyland at the very end of a 1 o'clock or 2 o'clock extra magic hour night, you can usually get 5-6 rides done an hour.

The fact is that many of the rides are only 3-4 minutes long. If you get to the rides when there is little or no line, and ride therm in a logical order, you'll be surprised at how many you can do in 60 minutes. Teacups, Pooh, Dumbo, Barnstormer, and Little Mermaid. Try it from Midnight to 1:00 AM instead of Noon to 1:00 PM. Start those 5 at midnight and you will likely be able to add an additional ride or two before your 60 minutes run out. Start with that group at noon and you will likely only get 2 of them in.

By contrast, if you try to do Splash, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise in that same hour, it's much harder because those rides are longer in duration.

If we're trying hard to just do rides as quick as possible, we can do 8-10 rides...almost all via FP+...in a 5 hour period. Easiest in MK, maybe hardest in HS. If we're just casually walking around and in no hurry, we'll do 5-6 rides in 5 hours (this includes time to stop and eat). We never wait in a standby line more than 20 minutes or so, we use FP+ for most everything.
I'm kind of confused on the first part. With the first 3 FPs having to have an hour range with not overlapping, you would have to consistently be able to change the times once you've used one. Unless most of those are after the first 3 hours

I'm kind of confused on the first part. With the first 3 FPs having to have an hour range with not overlapping, you would have to consistently be able to change the times once you've used one. Unless most of those are after the first 3 hours

After using your first FP you can modify your 2nd one to an earlier time....same thing once you've used your second FP. Then just keep rolling through FP's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter