Rides too rough for heart patient

I'd just stay away from Mission: Space (orange) that one is a proven killer for unknown heart defects and people that ignored the signage. However, that said, if they are putting that sign out for Tomorrowland Speedway then they use the same criteria on anything that moves forward that isn't an omni-mover. Doctors advice in crucial, particularly if the Doctor has been to WDW and is familiar with the rides. However, by now I'm sure you have gone and hopefully all went well.

Definitely talk with the cardiologist.

This is our experience:

My husband had 2 stents put in about a decade ago. He has been diligent about tests and check-ups. At WDW he usually does one coaster a day, sometimes 2. His back is the bigger limitation currently.

But… He was much more cautious the first couple years until he was on a stable regimen with medication and tests coming back good.

Other people with stents do some of the ‘rougher’ rides. It’s just a very individual thing so while possible, it’s always going to be on a case by case basis. The doctors’ advice is most important since risks and limits depend on specifics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter