Rides You Can't Ride at Disney Parks.

What Is Your FAVORITE Disney World Park?

• Total voters

-_Stitch-Up-Scrump_-

Mouseketeer
Hey guys!

I'm just curious what rides you guys CANNOT ride, even though you technically could and why. For me, I cannot ride TOT, I have done it at both parks and I absolutely hate the dropping and then surging back up again, so it is a BIG nono for me. I will wait with my mom outside when my sisters go on it :D

Let me know which ride you guys cannot ride at Disney Parks!

Mission to Space, one and done and honestly forget it's even there.

Soarin' hate with all my being, will ride if completely boxed in corner but will do anything to avoid it. Worse now with new movie as there is no incentive to ride.

Dinosaur. Physical thrills are fine, but throw in the scary dinos popping at you in the dark and it’s a definite no for me.

I also hate flume rides. Can’t really explain why since I love coasters - but hills plus water feel way different. So I’ve never been on Splash.

Done once, not again
AK-EE, Dinosaur; MK- Teacups, AstroOrbiter; DHS-ToT

Never tried and don't expect to
AK-Primeval Whirl, FoP; MK-Stitch: DHS-RnR; Epcot-Mission Space

Magic Kingdom:
Space mountain
teacups

Epcot:
Mission Space

Animal Kingdom:
Flight of Passage (probably a one and done for me cause of motion sickness)

Hollywood studios:
Tower of Terror (the lap bar gap from childhood did me in)

Magic Kingdom:
Space mountain
teacups

Epcot:
Mission Space

Animal Kingdom:
Flight of Passage (probably a one and done for me cause of motion sickness)

Hollywood studios:
Tower of Terror (the lap bar gap from childhood did me in)
The don't have lap bars anymore. You get your own private seat belt. Go for it! I've been on everything, at least once except Dumbo and Aladdin's Carpets. Not afraid of them or physically unable, but, zero interest in riding them. Oh, yea... same goes for the rockets. I don't do Space Mountain anymore because I have a leg injury that makes getting out of it difficult and not worth the embarrassment.

The don't have lap bars anymore. You get your own private seat belt. Go for it! I've been on everything, at least once except Dumbo and Aladdin's Carpets. Not afraid of them or physically unable, but, zero interest in riding them. Oh, yea... same goes for the rockets. I don't do Space Mountain anymore because I have a leg injury that makes getting out of it difficult and not worth the embarrassment.

I have been on it since they changed to seat belts but still not a fan of it. Now RNR on the other hand I could ride multiple times.

Soarin' - I feel like I am falling. And I really hate that feeling.

TOT - I am not a fan of heights and drops throw me for a loop.

RnR - take off beats me up too much. I have lupus and my joints hurt too much to enjoy the ride.

I have been on it since they changed to seat belts but still not a fan of it. Now RNR on the other hand I could ride multiple times.
The sense of falling is a big problem for a lot of people. I love the ride but I honestly could do without the fall. However, it is an important part of the attraction so I just grit my teeth and hang on for dear life.

Sadly I love everything and fear none of it. I once had a fear of heights but when the Marines taught me to willingly jump out of planes there went that fear. We did not ride Mission Space the intense side until this past June. The 8 year old insisted and when it was done loudly proclaimed "Grownups are afraid of this? In her case as well she fears nothing. Laughed thru Dinosaur.

Sadly I love everything and fear none of it. I once had a fear of heights but when the Marines taught me to willingly jump out of planes there went that fear. We did not ride Mission Space the intense side until this past June. The 8 year old insisted and when it was done loudly proclaimed "Grownups are afraid of this? In her case as well she fears nothing. Laughed thru Dinosaur.
I have to admit to a couple of years of cowardly avoiding M:S. People had died on it, I didn't know why and people were constantly complaining about motion sickness. So even though I had never had a problem with either of those items I was always torn. Why don't I just ride it.

Then one day after having my first Turkey Leg (another thing I had avoided because of what people said about them) (surprisingly, they don't taste like chicken, but, they do taste like ham.) I decided that I would ride it. At the time there was no Orange or Green... it was just one experience no matter what pod you were in. I was traveling by myself and was joined up with an Asian Family (two adults and one child about 10 yo, I would guess) I rode it and was blown away. It was the most exhilarating ride that I had ever been on that didn't get more then 2 feet off the ground. When it ended I did (said) something that I had never done in my life (at least associated with a theme park ride) I put my hands in the air and literally yelled out the word AWESOME! I have never doubted my ability since then and now if I don't ride something it is just because I don't like it and not because I am afraid of it.

I have to admit to a couple of years of cowardly avoiding M:S. People had died on it, I didn't know why and people were constantly complaining about motion sickness. So even though I had never had a problem with either of those items I was always torn. Why don't I just ride it.

Then one day after having my first Turkey Leg (another thing I had avoided because of what people said about them) (surprisingly, they don't taste like chicken, but, they do taste like ham.) I decided that I would ride it. At the time there was no Orange or Green... it was just one experience no matter what pod you were in. I was traveling by myself and was joined up with an Asian Family (two adults and one child about 10 yo, I would guess) I rode it and was blown away. It was the most exhilarating ride that I had ever been on that didn't get more then 2 feet off the ground. When it ended I did (said) something that I had never done in my life (at least associated with a theme park ride) I put my hands in the air and literally yelled out the word AWESOME! I have never doubted my ability since then and now if I don't ride something it is just because I don't like it and not because I am afraid of it.
You really have to try everything at least once. And the turkey leg tastes like ham? Interesting, I am Jewish and have never had ham. Hmmm a way to try something and break any dietary laws.

The same people that get sick with motion sickness on MS, probably get sick on Star Tours. And may not enjoy FOP or Soarin'.

My husband is one. He can ride each once per day. After that, he is done. He also gets sea sick on boats.

mission space orange, RnRC.

I rode ToT twice in my life, but years ago. It scarred me!! But I want so badly to do it again but I’m so scared. Trying to get myself accustomed to the dropping sensation Bc I love the theme. I mean you can force yourself into enjoying anything right???

You really have to try everything at least once. And the turkey leg tastes like ham? Interesting, I am Jewish and have never had ham. Hmmm a way to try something and break any dietary laws.
Funny, as I was typing, that very thought came to my mind. And believe me they taste and look like ham because they are smoked the same way a ham would be. So if that is Kosher... go for it. They definitely are Turkey Legs though.
The same people that get sick with motion sickness on MS, probably get sick on Star Tours. And may not enjoy FOP or Soarin'.

My husband is one. He can ride each once per day. After that, he is done. He also gets sea sick on boats.
I will agree with MS, or Star Tours. I haven't had the chance yet to ride FOP, however from the Video I saw of it, I can honestly say that Soarin is absolutely nothing like the violent quick movement that the others are made up of. It's more like sitting on a porch swing in my mind, but, of course, it is up to individuals as to what they will try. I would say that since M:S was actually a spinning centrifuge it is really a bigger risk to people that have real inner ear problems and could cause problems unrelated to any visual connection. If I had to pick ones the ones most likely to cause legitimate motion problems M:S orange would be at the top of the list. Green, Star Wars next and Soarin at the bottom. They talk about Kiddie thrill rides and, to me, Soarin is a very pleasant, fun to experience, geriatric thrill ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter