• Green

• Blue

• Purple

• Silver

• Black

Results are only viewable after voting.

chillcoupons

Dis Dad's Club Member #81
I love the Monorail! I made the comment to my DW that it still smelled the same as it did in the 70's. She said it smells like an old Band-aid. So now we lovingly call it riding old band-aid! Has anyone else noticed this?

Don't get me wrong I don't think it smells bad just kind of used and antiseptic mixed together.

Do you have a favorite color?

Do you have a great picture?

Do you have a great Old Band-Aid story?

One of the most famous symbols of Walt Disney World, the original Mark IV monorail was designed in California and assembled in Florida by the Martin Marietta Corporation. The new Mark VI monorails were built by Bombardier and the first of the twelve new trains (Monorail Blue) arrived to Disney property on June 8, 1989 and was installed shortly after. The Walt Disney World Resort is currently operating twelve Mark VI trains.

Ok here is Picture one. What a handsome co-pilot!!!

WeddingandHoneymoon437-1.jpg

I fell in love with the purple monorail in 1972 when I was four.

PURPLE ROCKS!!!!!

I couldn't care what it smells like....nothing says Disney more than riding the Monorail :cool1:

I couldn't care what it smells like....nothing says Disney more than riding the Monorail :cool1:

You got that right!!!!! Love to ride Old Band-AID!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong I don't think it smells bad just kind of used and antiseptic mixed together.

Since childhood my favorite has been the yellow monorail. Which is sort of funny, because old band-aids are sort of yellow.....

The modern trains that have been in use since 1989 are each 203 feet long (consisting of six cars) and can carry 360 passengers. The trains are driven by eight 113 HP motors which are powered by a 600-volt electrical system running through a third rail mounted to the side of the concrete beam.

I only have to two thing say.....
"Please stay clear of the door
Por Favor Mantagase Alejado de la Puerta"

I only have to two thing say.....
"Please stay clear of the door
Por Favor Mantagase Alejado de la Puerta"

"Welcome to the Walt Disney World Resort"

Each train is identified by a colored stripe, and given a name according to that color. The complete list of colors used is below. To help visually identify Green from Lime and Pink from Coral, the Lime and Coral stripes have a white delta on each car.

* Red
* Coral
* Orange
* Pink
* Gold
* Yellow

* Lime
* Green
* Blue
* Purple
* Silver
* Black

I love Old Band-Aid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: :rotfl2: :love: :rotfl:

I used to love it when you would leave the TTC and the mans voice would say, "You're on a 2 1/2 mile ride to Epcot Center!" I haven't heard that in recent years but I used to love that for some strange reason! lol...

I used to love it when you would leave the TTC and the mans voice would say, "You're on a 2 1/2 mile ride to Epcot Center!" I haven't heard that in recent years but I used to love that for some strange reason! lol...

You're right they no longer say that. I just watched "Monorail to Epcot" on youtube. If you want to re-live that experience check it out.:jumping1:

I Love Old Band-Aid!!!!:love: :lovestruc :flower1: :squirrel: :fish: :cold:

We think it smells like hay or straw. Oddly enough, I have a Honda Odyssey and for some reason it smells exactly the same as the monorail when the ac or defroster runs first thing in the morning. Only problem is that my mechanic said the smell is from stale water sitting in the ventilation tubes !! :eek: Yuck !! MOLD!!

We think it smells like hay or straw. Oddly enough, I have a Honda Odyssey and for some reason it smells exactly the same as the monorail when the ac or defroster runs first thing in the morning. Only problem is that my mechanic said the smell is from stale water sitting in the ventilation tubes !! :eek: Yuck !! MOLD!!

Lucky!!!! I would pay to have my car smell like Old Band-Aid!!!! That would be so cool if I could go to the car wash and choose between the following air fresheners New car, Pina Colada, or Old Band-Aid!!!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl2:

I love Old Band-Aid!!!!!:cheer2: :yay: :woohoo: :love: :lovestruc :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter