***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

Guests heading to the front desk at CSR may have to deal with a couple of new cast working the computers

DJYPK1YXgAQwVHS.jpg

DJYPKymXoAAjCyC.jpg

DJYPKtQW0AAvMyP.jpg

Hope y'all are having a fun (and safe) time riding out Irma!

We're planning a Sept/Oct trip to WDW, probably next year and it's made me think of things I never thought about. Like, you know, hurricanes. Just out of curiosity, how do the hotels handle guests with food allergies/intolerances during this 'ride out' period? I have Celiac and I know I'd be OK at the restaurants, because Disney is super for allergies/intolerances. It's more the 'grab and go' pre-packed meals and snacks to keep in your room I'm curious about. Has anyone seen 'gluten free' or 'allergy friendly' packed lunches? Or a good variety of allergy friendly snacks? You can only eat so many bags of plain potato chips and Snickers bars!

Is there anyone at CBR? We are at Pop but really enjoyed the buffet there the other day. Would love to know if they have the dinner buffet on Monday.
We would appreciate it if someone could let us know tomorrow. Thanks

We have seen most pet owners, but not all, be respectful of others.
Please remember some children (even adults) are afraid of animals. Thank you to those that are being considerate of others.
Most respectfully I would like to add another viewpoint. No judgement, no animosity, just another side....

Some dogs, when left alone in a strange setting, will bark, and bark, and BARK. Perhaps the pet owners who are out and about are choosing the more respectful option. If they need a meal or even just a short break from the room, leaving their pet could have far worse consequences. Most of these animals are probably well socialized and could pose a great learning experience for the apprehensive child or adult. Friendly pet owners usually LOVE to share their love of pets with others. :dog:

No answer for those with allergies but hopefully you have an epi pen available.

Most respectfully I would like to add another viewpoint. No judgement, no animosity, just another side....

Some dogs, when left alone in a strange setting, will bark, and bark, and BARK. Perhaps the pet owners who are out and about are choosing the more respectful option. If they need a meal or even just a short break from the room, leaving their pet could have far worse consequences. Most of these animals are probably well socialized and could pose a great learning experience for the apprehensive child or adult. Friendly pet owners usually LOVE to share their love of pets with others. :dog:

No answer for those with allergies but hopefully you have an epi pen available.

Yeah, this would be my little fella. He would bark in a strange hotel room by himself.

We are at CBR and had a ton of fun at the pool. They kept it open until almost noon and had games and a DJ on the pool deck.

Breakfast was a well run operation with an awesome breakfast in a box. Eggs, bacon, sausage patty, cheesy hasbrowns, biscuit and bottled beverage. We flew through the line. Not sure if dinner will be open tonight. We have leftovers from Via Napoli!

The service has been amazing. The CMs are doing a great job.

Wondering if there is a chance the parks are open tomorrow, maybe late?

Last edited:
This made me wonder, what happens if the power goes out, do doors stop opening with magic bands? Or are there batteries in the lock too?

Definitely battery operated. One of my travel companions last month returned to her room (at midnight) to find that her door battery was dead and she couldn't get into the room.

Hope y'all are having a fun (and safe) time riding out Irma!

We're planning a Sept/Oct trip to WDW, probably next year and it's made me think of things I never thought about. Like, you know, hurricanes. Just out of curiosity, how do the hotels handle guests with food allergies/intolerances during this 'ride out' period? I have Celiac and I know I'd be OK at the restaurants, because Disney is super for allergies/intolerances. It's more the 'grab and go' pre-packed meals and snacks to keep in your room I'm curious about. Has anyone seen 'gluten free' or 'allergy friendly' packed lunches? Or a good variety of allergy friendly snacks? You can only eat so many bags of plain potato chips and Snickers bars!

Honestly, I wouldn't expect them to. We have some food issues in my party and we shopped ahead to make sure we had enough food supplies to take care of ourselves. I will say, I grabbed hot breakfast today and when I said "no meat" they offered extra of anything else on the platter - but I just don't expect them to be able to supply their normal level of allergy friendliness at this time. We got lunch at MK yesterday before returning to Pop for that very reason.

Any idea what's going on over at the dark side... aka Universal?
I've been checking too as I have some time planned there as well in a couple of weeks. I'm really surprised at how very few postings there are over there about Irma!!

Been keeping up to date from NE! It sounds like you guys are for the most part having a great time! I'm so glad! I LOVE reading about a dog parade!! I was just talking to DH last week I wish Disney did like a "dog day" once or twice a year only where we could bring the pups! I know this wasn't on purpose, but it's so awesome! I've been stalking this, and the main Irma thread all week! I hope things keep going well and just know all your Dis-friends are thinking about you there! Stay safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter