***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

Here at okw

Olivia's closed Sunday and Monday.

Box lunches available for purchase.
Hot dinner available it was pasta or breaded chicken

I do believe breakfast is available unsure if it is only boxed or if there will be a hot breakfast option

Due to size of resort it's impossible to have activities.

They came by and asked if we needed anything. Towels coffee etc

Flashlight left with memo this am.

All in all we are in good Shape. We stocked up on earl sandwiches, ordered Chinese to reheat and have plenty of snack items as well as ice water milk and soda. We brought games, crayons and our firestick so we could watch movies and Netflix

Will probably move the sleeper sofa away from all the windows tomorrow when things pick up as we have family sleeping there and that's just to many windows for my comfort.

Be safe everyone.

Streaming the Magic has plans to stream from the Art of Animation.

Search Streaming the Magic on facebook. I'm not sure how to link to facebook pages so sorry about that.
here is the web page
http://streamingthemagic.com/

Please keep in mind that the people who are streaming will not be taking unnecessary risks or otherwise negatively impacting other guests or Disney staff. I say that because my friend Julie is streaming and she is extremely safety oriented. A local resident, she was smart enough to know that one of the safest places that you can be under these difficult circumstances is in a Disney resort.

~NM

Thanks - I found it here on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/streamingthemagic/

There's also a very entertaining gentleman from England who has been live streaming from his room: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCglPgtk6eOBdo32NxJ9biqQ The channel is called Get Binky in case that link doesn't work. I thought it was interesting he is concerned about flooding into their 1st floor room so they are getting their belongings up off the floor as much as possible. I couldn't tell from his video if the concern was his own just from being somewhat close to the Sassagoula River or if Disney suggested they do this.

We have received no information about meals at SSR - but we have not gone to the hospitality house. We are in a 1 BR and have a very well stocked kitchen. I'm glad we are not dependent on what is available there to get fed during this time.

As we are in Congress Park (about as far away as one can get from the hospitality house) I would not want to have to walk up there to find that nothing is available.

Here at Pop Century building 3 Tramps! Our 18 day stay will become 21 days by the time we get out on Tuesday,our flight today was to go out at 5:22 which is 22 minutes AFTER MCO closes but it took Alaska until 8:45pm that night to cancel our flight after I called to talk to them about it at 9am!!! They knew nothing about MCO closing at 5pm on Saturday.....ok so I told you at 9am and it takes almost 12hours to make a decision on my flight?!?! Ah well 30 minutes out of a fabulous MNSSHP time flight changed to Tuesday back at Pop that night was authorised to stay room only with the "hurricane discount"! The CM's here are awesome all smiles and we will be ok and how can I help you? Bless THEIR hearts, homes and families!
I must say though this was a fast pass to an apparent E-Ticket ride I could have happily missed out on my guaranteed ride time....oh well #thanksmothernature

I hear you!! Ours was 5:20pm! And all looked well today at 5:20pm as I was walking around Disney Springs. What time is your flight on Tuesday? We are scheduled to take off at 7:30am. Seriously hoping that it happens!

I read that folks relocating from Fort Wilderness campground to other Disney properties could have their pets with them.
I can't remember if I read it here or on FB (I have a few friends in the Tampa area), but someone from Tampa was able to a room at one of the all-stars and were allowed to bring their 2 dogs. The policy she mentioned was 2 pets under 75lbs. Otherwise the plan was for some of the family to stay in the room, while someone was going to find a safe place to park the car and stay with the dogs.

Thanks for posting the signage from the Epcot resorts! We love BC/YC and now I know why! I love that you can dine at the Yachtsman Steakhouse while the hurricane is going on.... :D

We drove here from South Florida on Wednesday after we boarded up our windows, we do not have hurricane shutters, we live in a little older home . My husband and I are at ASMu. They are selling $6 meals, Italian or Turkey sandwich, cookie, granola bar, chips, fruit, large bottle of water. You can buy what u need for next two days. We didn't buy those, we went to grocery store a couple times. We are hanging in there. I shouldn't have bought cream filled Krispy Kreme donuts. They are way too good, especially sitting around just watching weather on TV! Stress eating is very bad! Lol

Oh, they gave everyone a flashlight as well.
We are hoping to drive home early Tuesday am
Hoping we don't lose power. Stay safe everyone
Mary

At Kidani... many cast members here for ride out crew till Tuesday. Just left Jambo, all restaurants serving. Asked about power, told all resorts have generators and property has power station that has trucks lined up awaiting to deal with any issues. Plenty of drinks and food in the resort stores. Asked about animals, was told that almost all will be taken in to shelter, except those species that get more stressed in a shelter, such as wildebeest. They will hunker down outside. We are prepared to spend 2 days in our room. About free movies, I was told yesterday they will begin at 9 pm tonight on channel 3 so who knows?? So many doggies here evacuating with their families!

Zebras will be out as well. They said they go crazy penned up. Just watched them for a while from our balcony. Lots of us from Kidani riding this thing out together! Stay safe everyone!

I was told that Sanna will be half quick service/take away and half sit down(for lunch and dinner only). First come, first served, no reservations. We are going to try to celebrate my dads 62nd birthday with a sit down on Monday night. Also, no transportation/shuttle between jambo and Kidani (obviously due to safety). Ride out crew is here and friendly as ever. Store is fully stocked, picked up some bread, peanut butter and had jelly left over from the week. Along with a dozen eggs for breakfast. We also grabbed a pizza and hot dogs to make for lunch tomorrow. Store personal said they will be here, opened and stocked!

So far, so good! Besides not being able to find the Disney movies!! :)

Oh and, we went to Earl of Sandwhich today to grab some sandwiches for tomorrow... 1 hour wait! And they closed early due to the wait. So we grabbed some soup and mini desserts instead. I guess everyone had the same idea!

I can't remember if I read it here or on FB (I have a few friends in the Tampa area), but someone from Tampa was able to a room at one of the all-stars and were allowed to bring their 2 dogs. The policy she mentioned was 2 pets under 75lbs. Otherwise the plan was for some of the family to stay in the room, while someone was going to find a safe place to park the car and stay with the dogs.

Disney is allowing pets: http://www.chipandco.com/pets-welcome-disney-world-resorts-hurricane-irma-281765/

Pets Welcome at Disney World Resorts for Hurricane Irma
Posted By: Holly Ron: September 09, 2017In: Parks & Resorts, Places to Stay, Resorts, Walt Disney World

FacebookTwitterPinterestEmailGoogle+RedditShare
1-15-579x500.jpg

And the Disney Best Friends Pet Care is open. Here is a web camera of the place. Looks like there are 2 sad, lonely dogs there.

http://themeparkcams.com/disney/disney-pet-hotel

Last edited:
Oh...we have seen probably 20 dogs today, none here a couple days ago. The dog owners we have seen are all doing a great job....they are picking up after them. And I have not heard a single peep out of the dogs. Big and small dogs. All is well.

Here at BC there were four in the elevator with us. We also saw a few in the lobby. We were told a law was enacted after Katrina to allow dogs in hotels during emergencies.

I just want to know how and where they will go potty during the storm if no one is allowed outside.

At Pop now, the current message on Channel 3 reads "Keeping safety top of mind, these operational changes are now in effect.... Theme parks and Disney Springs will be closed on Sunday, Sept 10. Resort breakfast will be available beginning at 7:30a. at Everything Pop. Private dining is unavailable. For regular updates stay tuned to this channel. You may also visit DisneyWorld.com, the My Disney Experience app, or call 407-560-5000."

So based on this latest announcement, it looks like the parks and DS will be back in operation on Monday?

At Pop now, the current message on Channel 3 reads "Keeping safety top of mind, these operational changes are now in effect.... Theme parks and Disney Springs will be closed on Sunday, Sept 10. Resort breakfast will be available beginning at 7:30a. at Everything Pop. Private dining is unavailable. For regular updates stay tuned to this channel. You may also visit DisneyWorld.com, the My Disney Experience app, or call 407-560-5000."

So based on this latest announcement, it looks like the parks and DS will be back in operation on Monday?

I certainly hope so for all of you! I suspect it means they are keeping their options open at the best. They've already told CMs that they are closed Monday, so would be hard to open back up....but they might be able to do some partial openings? After Matthew, they opened Disney Springs in the evening of the second day.

At the Poly, Just walked down from our room for some dole whip since someone ate all the Mickey premium bars... kids got pics with Captain Hook and Smee. I thanked the CM for bringing the characters in and was suprised they did it already. Said, "well the parks are closed so we'll bring them to you!"... just awesome. They switched to Lilo and Stitch as we were leaving. They had some activities out all around the hall like giant jenga and a big connect 4 set. Kids picked up a few coloring items and CM stated that they plan to have activities tomorrow starting around 8 or 9 am with more characters. Breakfast will be servered at all the restaurants (no characters however). everyone seemed to be in high spirits with plenty of CM's around for questions.

At the Poly, Just walked down from our room for some dole whip since someone ate all the Mickey premium bars... kids got pics with Captain Hook and Smee. I thanked the CM for bringing the characters in and was suprised they did it already. Said, "well the parks are closed so we'll bring them to you!"... just awesome. They switched to Lilo and Stitch as we were leaving. They had some activities out all around the hall like giant jenga and a big connect 4 set. Kids picked up a few coloring items and CM stated that they plan to have activities tomorrow starting around 8 or 9 am with more characters. Breakfast will be servered at all the restaurants (no characters however). everyone seemed to be in high spirits with plenty of CM's around for questions.
Go to moana mercantile - premium Mickey bars were still available there a few minutes ago :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter