Ridley Pearson's VMK rumor

ElectricLime

As seen on VMK
Ridley Pearson is the author of The Kingdom Keepers (which contains some references to VMK), Peter and the Starcatchers, and Peter and the Shadow Thieves. His kids blog makes the following claim:

I've just heard that VMK is to remain open until Halloween. GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!

I wanted to post about it here before people get their hopes up. Keep in mind that this is a RUMOR, coming from a source who has no more connection with VMK management than any of the rest of us. I don't know who he spoke with that led him to believe that VMK would "remain open", but until and unless there's an announcement from anyone who's actually affiliated with WDIG, take it with a big grain of salt.

Personally, I think the rumor is nonsense. Why would Disney bring VMK back, and rehire the staff, for a few more months then end it again?

(Thanks to PrincessNoelle for tipping me off to the rumor!)

Edit: He has changed his blog entry to be a lot less definite about the rumor:

There are rumors circulating about VMK possibly being extended (for long time users) for a few months longer. I can't confirm anything at this time, but keep your fingers crossed.

There's no way. They've already started dismantling the web pages, a large number of the staff are now at VFK, people are already processing through the grief of VMK closing. There is no way they could suddenly re-open it, especially just for a few months only to close it again.

is anyone a google blogger if u are plz post on the website that vmk is closed and did not stay open

Thanks for putting a level-headed perspective on this. It would really be a shame for people to get their hopes up.

I'd want it open forever anyway, so we wouldnt have to suffer like this again.

It has already closed, why would they Re-Open it after the pages are already coming down?

Personally, I do not want it to open for 5 more months and close again.

He revised that post:

VMK rumors
There are rumors circulating about VMK possibly being extended (for long time users) for a few months longer. I can't confirm anything at this time, but keep your fingers crossed.

Not sure how much I believe this rumor but I must say if it was true I don't know that I would like it much. Closing the game once was bad enough but if it were to come back for a only a couple months then close again that would probably be as bad as the first time it closed except it would happen all over again :(

Wow.

This is a rather silly rumor, considering most of the staffers have moved on to new jobs at VFK and the others who AREN'T working at VFK have moved onto regular jobs.

Disney would have to hire new staffers or try to get sulake's employees back.

What would the point be of prolonging our torture? It was very stupid of them to close the game right before summer in my opinion... this would fix that problem, but it's too little too late.

I still love Ridley Pearson - great author in all of his genres!:thumbsup2

Just want to say I love Ridley Pearson too! Currently reading through his Peter series! :thumbsup2

As for the rumor.... not sure I'd even log in to VMK again for a few more months. I've said my goodbyes - really not sure I could go through that emotional state again.

i'd love for it to stay open !
i miss it too much.

I once read that The Kingdom Keepers was written to help promote VMK. (A promotion to promote a promotion?). Anyway, a sequel is set to be released on August 26, I believe, called The Kingdom Keepers: Disney at Dawn. It would be ironic if VMK is once again mentioned in the book, now that it no longer exists. Perhaps at one time someone considered keeping VMK open until the release of the book? Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter