RIP aussie dollar

I wish I knew the answers to those questions too!:confused3

There's that depressing article in the SMH today - the chief currency strategist at the Commonwealth is gloomily predicting a drop to below 90c if Greece pulls out of the Eurozone.

We still haven't organised any cash but I did pay off the remainder of my package for WDW ten minutes ago. :yay: :cool1: :yay:

I have prepaid about 80% of our accommodation costs for the remainder of the trip, and our rental car which is a massive part of our expenses ( The one way charge from Miami to Los Angeles is a doozy!! :scared1: ) So I think I'll just wait and see before rushing out to buy cash. There's still 4 months til we go and a lot can happen in that time.

I just keep reminding myself that the best we've ever had previously was about 75c.:scratchin

Andona

Did you book your rental car with National they only charge a $250 one way fee?
I also found them cheapest to hire from UScarhire or travel jigsaw.

Gosh I hope the $ doesn't go to 90 cents what on earth will that do to our surplus:rotfl2: let alone us travellers:scared1:

Germany etc will forgive their debt rather than have them drag everyone down with them...

that's if the Greek people don't bleed the banks dry before then by withdrawing their money.:sick:

just hope the reserve bank drops the interest rates another .5......thanks very much..:cheer2:

Germany etc will forgive their debt rather than have them drag everyone down with them...

that's if the Greek people don't bleed the banks dry before then by withdrawing their money.:sick:

:

You cheer me up, Karen:thumbsup2

I hope you're right.:goodvibes

Andona

This thread is too depressing... I'm going to another one... :lmao:

Did you book your rental car with National they only charge a $250 one way fee?
I also found them cheapest to hire from UScarhire or travel :

I did a lot of shopping Round and found the best deal for our dates was with holiday autos.com.au :)

The one way charge was $500 but the base rate was so good that it cancelled out the one way charge. The car is from Alamo, who we've rented with before and were happy with.

I really wanted to avoid Dollar, we got a really cheap rate with them in 2008 but the car was dreadful!

some of the other rental car companies were asking absurd prices, three times what we paid!! :scared1:

Andona

OMG, if your dollar is doing that, I don't even want to think about what the NZ$ is doing! :scared1: I daren't look as it makes me feel physically sick since I booked our Hawaii trip on the presumption of a strong $ which, at the time I bought the tickets (and committed to the condo hire which is to be paid in US$), all analysts were predicting would continue. :sick:

Around this time last year the $A took a dive, sadly after the Japanese earthquake,

Anyway I panicked, and changed a big chunk of money, only to watch it rise back and go higher than ever. :headache:

But TBH it was a big worry off my mind and I was grateful that it was above 90c as really anything above this was a bonus.

ok ladies....deep breath....:grouphug:

should be back to $1.01 soon...but wont go much higher I guess for a few months now....

reserve bank will slow down the growth of us$ by dropping rates again, so we mortgage holders will win.....saving $100's rather than a few dollars with $ exchange rate.

Great to hear everyone's thoughts. Of course Karen's comments are the ones I want to believe :rotfl2::rotfl2:.

Grrrr, what to do what to do.

I just went and changed another AUD1003 at lunchtime, I only got USD950, but I keep trying to remind myself that the money I've already changed/things I've already paid for should even out what I have left to change/pay for - and when that fails I remember back to the 55cent days!

I'll be siphoning through my travel card, $1.02USD, pretty happy with that right now

I too remember the exchange of .52c, that was tough :scared1:

easy decision for me, I have $16 in my holiday account now after buying park hoppers yesterday :rolleyes1 so it better go up, otherwise I guess I'll be paying a credit card off for a couple of months after we get back :sick:

If it is set to go back up shortly I feel a little sorry for my mum and dad who left for the states the day before the dollar dropped, hard to feel too sorry for them when they are having fun in Miami & New Orleans while I am not :snooty:

ok ladies....deep breath....:grouphug:

should be back to $1.01 soon...but wont go much higher I guess for a few months now....

reserve bank will slow down the growth of us$ by dropping rates again, so we mortgage holders will win.....saving $100's rather than a few dollars with $ exchange rate.

i do hope that for the sake of you mortgage holders the interest rates go back down, but i also hope that the rest of the eurozone gets through to greece and ensure that they re-sign and they don't drag the rest of the world into a catastrophic downward spiral... hoping to see the AUD rally back above parity with the USD.

that, and i still have approx $6k of my trip to pay off, including exchanging my money...

I had to sit down when I saw the dollar at $0.98 and falling...head between the knees and breathe....:upsidedow

:worship: Karen oh wondrous keeper of all Disney knowledge and hopefully financial knowledge too!! :lmao: I hope you're right!

:worship: Karen oh wondrous keeper of all Disney knowledge and hopefully financial knowledge too!! :lmao:

oh no.. that's not me....:crazy2:

smelling salts and a wee lie down are in order after today's pitiful play by the aussie $$$...oh and speaking of pitiful, dont mention the sharks.....my household are in mourning, jerseys have been placed back in the wardrobe in shame:firefight

oh no.. that's not me....:crazy2:

smelling salts and a wee lie down are in order after today's pitiful play by the aussie $$$...oh and speaking of pitiful, dont mention the sharks.....my household are in mourning, jerseys have been placed back in the wardrobe in shame:firefight

I nearly had to hide myself in the wardrobe a few years ago, when I booked a trip that had us well away from television coverage of the Grand Final.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter