Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first day in the park was supposed to be President's day. I think we will wait till Tuesday and use our mm for our first day. Hopefully we will get to ride before the weekend. The downside...the parks open everyday at 8🙄

Oh, I don’t think that’s very true at all.

Yes, they have to be happy that their ride is so in-demand and getting mostly glowing reaction from those able to ride. But the whole thing is a logistical nightmare for them on MANY levels, there’s a lot of unhappy people in the parks and on social media, AND it’s not necessarily juicing park attendance much. In fact, MLK weekend almost certainly would have had more people there if the ride hadn’t opened. They’re also just hemorrhaging money on this attraction, and have been for over a year. It’s expensive to staff, expensive to run, expensive maintenance, causing a lot of other costs (early staffing, IT work, etc.) Big-picture, there’s a lot of downside, honestly.

“Relieved it’s not a failure,” sure, and it’s a feather in their cap in some key ways. “Pleased as punch,” I think, definitely not.

How do you figure this is "hemorrhaging money"? You have no idea what total earrings are. None of us do.

For one thing, morning attendance over the past week has been juiced a great deal. Just because the attendance patterns have changed does not mean there are not more people overall. People that may not have been there in the afternoon were still probably there in the morning. The massive crowds that you never normally see in the mornings are spending money on food and merch. Dok Ondor's has had lines to get in, something you almost never saw before...

None of us have information enough to say how much extra money this is bringing in, but we can tell for sure that to date it has caused shifts in how the park is attended.

Also anecdotally it seems like more passes have been sold as a result of this (I bought one, never had a Disney annual pass before now). Over the long term that is not just passes sold, but more people in more parks buying things more often.

As for social media, you claim there are many unhappy people on social media. Where are they? I follow Twitter pretty carefully and even people who didn't get a BG don't seem that worked up by it, and greatly outweighed by the huge positive reaction. Try following the #RiseOfTheResistance tag for a few days and see what I mean:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/riseoftheresistance?lang=en

How do you figure this is "hemorrhaging money"? You have no idea what total earrings are. None of us do.
People in the know do post here and on other boards and we do know that SW:GE went about $600MM over budget per park, We don't know how much of that is ROTR but read the tea leaves - everything else opened on time or early vs Disney's announced dates, this is still requiring daily troubleshooting. Other insiders have noted that attendance has barely budged at DHS, while at DL it appears thousands of APs are leaving right after park opening every day (either to go to work and come back just for their ride later or because they didn't get a BG); they will count in attendance but Disney isn't getting extra $$ from them that day.

The good news is next Tuesday Disney reports earnings and the 2 things I am certain they will be drilled on ad nauseam by the big investors are Theme Park attendance and Disney+.

My back up notification did not start until 9:03:22. Do you think it's amount of people in your boarding groups that could make it go faster for others? I'm a group of 2 playing from home. Every other time before today I have matched back up times with others.

My back up notification did not start until 9:03:22. Do you think it's amount of people in your boarding groups that could make it go faster for others? I'm a group of 2 playing from home. Every other time before today I have matched back up times with others.

No, because you don't select your group until after they determine if they are still on regular or backup groups. I got the backup group note at 9:01. It's still active as of 9:09.

From home: Regulars gone in 1 minute and have been getting a backup group popup message for 9 minutes. Now the button is greyed out finally. My wife never got a popup mentioning the backup groups, so I am wondering if this phenomenon of some people getting the backup message and some not has to do with phone type and/or popup settings.

Unfortunately we booked through Get Away Today and the tickets are very specific about not being able to load them into the app until they have been scanned at the turnstiles. Kind of a bummer but we will have a great chance the 3rd day we're there during MM.

From home: Regulars gone in 1 minute and have been getting a backup group popup message for 9 minutes. Now the button is greyed out finally. My wife never got a popup mentioning the backup groups, so I am wondering if this phenomenon of some people getting the backup message and some not has to do with phone type and/or popup settings.

I find on my Android that the pop up is very inconsistent. For me it only seems to show up in the case of extended backups (like 20 minutes after opening).

However, I do see the change in message that "regular distribution has completed yada yada yada"

Unfortunately we booked through Get Away Today and the tickets are very specific about not being able to load them into the app until they have been scanned at the turnstiles. Kind of a bummer but we will have a great chance the 3rd day we're there during MM.
Other than yesterday, they've been opening the turnstiles plenty early. If you get there early enough, you should have plenty of time to scan your tix in to the app and try for a boarding group on day one, if that is your desire.

It seems totally random. I have been playing from home for a week and just today finally got an actual popup. I was wondering what people meant when they were saying they were getting "backup popups." My phone did do a software update over the weekend (Android), but the Disney app hasn't updated lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter