• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which lends credence to the theory that the late BGs are called faster than the early BGs because folks have already left for the day. This, IMO, is one of the biggest flaws with the virtual queue. Not everyone has the flexibility, or patience, to wait all day.
That reminds me. I saw an Instagram blogger (forgot the name), mention "30 or below, or we don't go" lol. So that is probably true for many people. Unless of course you want a later group, which I heard of as well.

Thank you all SO MUCH!!! I was thrilled to get BG 10 for my fam this morning. iPhone 8 on Disney wifi, faster than hubby on at&t or son (wannabe gamer) on wifi. We were in line to ride Dumbo... Then I helped the lady behind us get bg 122, hope she and her young kids make/made it on. The ride was amazing!

I can confirm this. In examining the network activity of the app, I can see that when you tap on the button the join a boarding group from outside the park, the server responds with the list of folks in your party but in that response it states who is in and not in the park.When you continue from the party selection screen, there is no additional network call made, the client just displays the error that people aren’t in the park yet.

Here is the end of the response. I crossed out the 6 guest IDs (my family) because I have no idea how secret those should remain. 😂

View attachment 474850
Also of note is that the message does not seem to include any indication of the account the user is signed in to...so this seems to confirm that the system is agnostic to which account you are on and relies on the ticket numbers (guestIds) for the message.

Looks like the Jawas may have made a late appearance. I can't believe that they'd be closing down for the night at this point.
Unless 140 was the highest issued group today, which doesn't seem like it would be the case. Anyone in the park that can confirm the attraction is down?

Edit: Twitter shows it is indeed down..

Last edited:

Looks like we're back up. I expect they'll call until 9 due to the downtime, assuming it stays operational. It's already eclipsed last Tuesday (previously best Tuesday on record), but has a chance to go all time high...

But I'm beginning to realize that the BG's is more a result of the fact the ride is so unbelievably unreliable, that a day doesn't go by that there isn't at least one significant breakdown. This is the problem. That reliability may not improve over time. It hasn't improved to any great degree in almost 2 months at WDW, or 1 week at DL. I see no way they can stop BG's unless that occurs.
Rocket Rods.
care to walk any of this back yet? :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter