Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were up at 5am today, in the park by 7:30 and near Buzz when we hit the join boarding group notification at 8am. Got backup group #81. They called groups 72-86 this evening with a sign stating BG 86 would be the last of the day. Very grateful to have had the opportunity to have ridden the ride (we are from NY and won't be back to Disney for a while). Fantastic ride and on the way out now. Very successful and fun day!

sometimes takes a minute to recognize in park. quit app and reload before that city hall line. Also order mobile food and grab your fast pass too while your waiting!
Good to know -- another tip for people to try before heading to City Hall!

I was playing from home today, and I received a different error message for the first time. It’s a red message saying “not admitting new guests. The experience is currently closed to guests not already in a boarding group.”...
Weird. Don't like the look of this and how it is messing things up for people at opening.

... Wish they had a couple of roaming CMs like they do at DHS to help with problems with ROTR or other problems
Please send in a comment about this -- it's a valid observation.

First time post and I’ve read the first few pages of this thread but not everything so apologies if this is buried somewhere in the middle! Taking the family to Disneyland on Sunday and I have a few specific questions. I do understand the general process and rules.

We have iPhones, probably six in total. We definitely plan to be in the park before opening.

Questions:

1 - Is it OK for all six of us to share my account with a link to the tickets? Nobody else has an account and we could make them but it seems like a hassle to have six accounts and link the tickets six times. Is there any problem with us all sharing my account and whoever gets the option first goes for it?

2 - To that end, if someone does get a boarding option and goes for it, if someone else in my party gets an option should they go for it also or will that somehow lead to an error?

3 - Been practicing from home, and it seems that if I open the app fresh about five seconds before opening time the join boarding group button lights right up. Done it from home the last three days running and it looks like I’m getting an offer every time. Do others have advice around the timing here?

4 - In addition to fresh app boots, I’m wondering about having one phone logged in prior to opening time and just doing the manual pull down refresh to see what comes up faster. Again, advice?

5 - Last question, we have reservations at Savi’s workshop, so if those somehow conflict I assume cast members will help us work it out? With a two hour return window I’m not worried about it, but if that’s changed to 45 minutes it could conflict.

Thanks in advance! 8:)
1. It's not buried in the middle, it's right on the first page in post #2 (FAQs)! See point 3 under "How do I join a Boarding Group?"
2. After the first person in your group gets a BG, all other people will get a message that they are already in a BG. (Also found in the FAQs on page one!)
3. Everyone's phone is a little different -- which is why we recommend getting used to your phone's timing by playing along at home. You're already doing that, so now all you can do is see what happens when you "go live" in the park.
4. If you have multiple phones trying, this can't hurt to try on one. Report back on the results.
5. More than one person has posted that CMs have been very understanding with all kinds of reservations if they conflicted with a BG time. You might want to ask at Savi's before reporting to the ride, just to be safe.

... I was also reacting to several of the "regulars" who have been pointedly trashing DL over the course of this thread. As I said before, there are a LOT of legitimate complaints about what's going on. But it's not worth people constantly harping on DL's incompetence. It doesn't help things, it doesn't change things, it just makes everyone miserable for no useful reason...
Bingo.

Hi! Just read through this last page.... :) lol

How about some explanation for a newbie, just found out I will be in DL this coming Thurs 27th and Fri 28th and don't know anything about riding Rise of the Resistance. What do I need to do?
Read the first page -- posts 1-4, especially post 4!

... I just created a new thread which summarizes all of the key nuggets of advice on how to get a BG. Thanks to everyone's input here!

"How To" Guide For Riding Rise of the Resistance at DL - No Spoilers - Please Read Post #1!!!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...ers-please-read-post-1.3793195/#post-61588092
:wizard:
Thank you! This new "How To" Guide is now post #4 on page one! Read up, everyone!

... So what we learn here:

1. Cutoff might be best to be checked with a CM proper before you leave the park

2. Override can be done. But you have to encounter the correct CM for it to happen. And not just for sympathy. But they need to know they can even do the number change. So probably don’t expect this to happen 9 times out of 10. I suspect most think you either board or don’t board.

I also suspect that after a certain level they can’t change the BG based on the whole override conversation. But have no way to verify this!...
Very interesting. Glad you finally got to ride. Sorry for all the hassle. If anyone else experiences something that can add to this, please post!

Couldn’t check in with this Thread for a week, come back and 49 pages have been added! I think I will save time and check back to posts 1-4 for any changes and updates....thanks, @theluckyrabbit for keeping those posts current!

It’s a mess over here. All the middle gates for emh/mm right now so only the few side gates for regular. Hopefully they change those gates over soon. Emh/mm gates opened at 6:56 today.

It’s a mess over here. All the middle gates for emh/mm right now so only the few side gates for regular. Hopefully they change those gates over soon. Emh/mm gates opened at 6:56 today.

Are the middle gates backed up with emh/mm peeps , or are they walk up ? Thanks !

I understand some people's frustration with getting a boarding pass system and the ride set up itself. Being new it's going to take some time for things to settle down but it's always going to be a high demand experience. In my opinion it's not a ride. At this time plan a few hours out of your day to put yourself in the position to experience it. With it your still not guaranteed. I think people need that mindset before going. The demand is just so high. Would I do it again? No way I would. Getting to the park way too early, finding a good reception spot, praying you get a boarding pass, or hoping it doesn't break down. All way too stressful for my vacation.

Far right gates are MM now and middle are regular. Not sure about far left. Regular not open yet. Harbor security is maybe 5 minutes.

They need CMs directing lines and traffic in the plaza, there are so many people just milling around - it’s hard to see what’s what and where to go.

I think they just opened the gates for general admission.

Far right gates are MM now and middle are regular. Not sure about far left. Regular not open yet. Harbor security is maybe 5 minutes.

They need CMs directing lines and traffic in the plaza, there are so many people just milling around - it’s hard to see what’s what and where to go.

I think they just opened the gates for general admission.
Left gates are regular except far left is character breakfast. Those opened at 7:15. I was in line over there are in the park by just after 7:30.

I’m wondering if the threat of rain won’t keep some people away. I’m at the train station and it doesn’t seem as crazy as it has the last few Saturdays.

The DL main website (also WDW) is glitching this morning . No acess to book hotel, buy tickets , see park hours , etc, etc .
Hope this wont effect the DL app this morning for peeps trying for BG's !
From what I can tell, the APP seems to be ok .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter