Rise of The Resistance Opening?

I have no sympathy for Disney from this debacle. The project management team is in full damage control mode and, as each day passes, are feeling more pressure. They need to learn to put more realistic schedules together before announcing the opening dates to the public.

On the latest episode of Disney Dish, Jim Hill said that Rise won't be open in time for D23.

At this point, how likely is it that Rise opens at DL and DHS at the same time?

I'm wondering if the shockingly low crowds at Disneyland and the potential for the same to happen at WDW this fall will make them rush this opening out or make them take even more time to "get it right" to avoid even more bad press/chatter?

I watched this AM that we should have heard about soft openings if Rise was going to open next month. Further, it was speculated that it may not open until early 2020 (which I don't agree).

Do think the lack of their signature headlining attraction is affecting stuff, especially thoughts on the land as a whole. However the lack of crowds I feel is a mix of things that really have nothing to do with poor quality. Disneyland has a large amount of AP holders that make up their attendance. With them blacked out for the opening it is keeping many people out of the parks. Other people likely held back taking trips expecting it to be insanely busy and wanted to wait for the crowds to die down some. Others are likely waiting for everything to be open before going. This all combined is resulting in the lower crowds in the parks. If it was just a matter of an underwhelming new attraction the park wouldn't be as empty as it is. Disney has a lot to offer outside of it and has always been popular and full. An underwhelming attraction would just show a lower increase from expectations and not the decreased crowds they are getting.

Do think the lack of their signature headlining attraction is affecting stuff, especially thoughts on the land as a whole. However the lack of crowds I feel is a mix of things that really have nothing to do with poor quality. Disneyland has a large amount of AP holders that make up their attendance. With them blacked out for the opening it is keeping many people out of the parks. Other people likely held back taking trips expecting it to be insanely busy and wanted to wait for the crowds to die down some. Others are likely waiting for everything to be open before going. This all combined is resulting in the lower crowds in the parks. If it was just a matter of an underwhelming new attraction the park wouldn't be as empty as it is. Disney has a lot to offer outside of it and has always been popular and full. An underwhelming attraction would just show a lower increase from expectations and not the decreased crowds they are getting.
My gut feel is this is a two pronged issue. One - most felt that the opening of GE was going to be huge and lines going out the park, and two - the land is not completed, and they are waiting for it to be completed(ROTR) to go and do the visit.

Maybe 1 additional prong...
They have raised prices on everything to the point of pricing out some people/families..

It's definitely some of this (coupled with the AP crowd). I assume that Disney expected many people to upgrade their AP level so as to not be blacked out all summer, or at the very least buy single day tickets to circumvent the black out dates. Instead, many folks felt content to keep the level they were at and just delay going to see SWGE.

On the latest episode of Disney Dish, Jim Hill said that Rise won't be open in time for D23.

At this point, how likely is it that Rise opens at DL and DHS at the same time?

I've questioned all along whether or not this would be the case. Depends on where each particular structure is in terms of progress. FL is playing catch up, but they'll be open in 6 weeks.

Has there been any rumblings about it actually being in a test stage yet? From the multitude of stories I've read is that it's a very complex ride system - are they in a bug test phase or is the ride not even completed yet?

They have raised prices on everything to the point of pricing out some people/families..

And I'll add a smaller prong. Mickey and Minnies delay at HS might may cause some guests to wait until that is open too.

I think you're correct, generally speaking. I do expect a crowd swell to occur immediately after RotR opens, but how long it lasts I don't have a clue.

I think that amplifies everything and makes it harder to do multiple trips so if you are really wanting to visit "Star Wars Land" but can only do one trip you are going to wait until the land is fully done

And not just price of tickets but especially with only one "ride" it feels like part of the full experience is building a lightsaber and building a droid and all that adds up

My gut feel is this is a two pronged issue. One - most felt that the opening of GE was going to be huge and lines going out the park, and two - the land is not completed, and they are waiting for it to be completed(ROTR) to go and do the visit.
:wave2:

(will probably be heading over in september or october though and if it's not open by then that'll be annoying)

@yulilin3 @rteetz any truth to the rumor going around twitter today that ROTR is having CM assigned to it already in DHS?
first hand account. You might know that my daughter applied and actually got hired for attractions at SWGE/. The hiring CM told her that she would either be assigned for MFSR or RotR. If she was assigned RotR she will be doing crowd control until the ride opens. She will know which attraction she got after her Traditions class on 7/24.
So technically people might be getting assigned to RotR but will be doing crowd control until it opens

first hand account. You might know that my daughter applied and actually got hired for attractions at SWGE/. The hiring CM told her that she would either be assigned for MFSR or RotR. If she was assigned RotR she will be doing crowd control until the ride opens. She will know which attraction she got after her Traditions class on 7/24.
So technically people might be getting assigned to RotR but will be doing crowd control until it opens

Congrats to her!!!

Do we know for sure that ROTR here in Florida will be delayed as much as everyone keeps saying? Could it be ROTR in DL is having specific problem to them only? Possibly ROTR here in Florida might actually be ahead of the DL version?

Has there ever been an OFFICIAL word on any of that? Or just the 2 phases opening and that's it on the subject?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter