Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

I know this is theme sacrilege, but wonder if you can tell the CM that you want that route when they stage you?

It must be random. We rode in both the front car (during loading) and the rear car. wound up on the same path 3 times.

Bummer. That definitely must have been malfunctioning for us as we were on the elevator and could almost look right in the cockpit... just gives me another reason to go back! Thanks for posting that, because I was thinking that was a big missed opportunity to not have them shoot at you
They lower the cannons just as the vehicle starts to turn and then fire after it is facing the opposite direction. Unless you turn around, you will not see it firing.

For the one with the lift on the side, a storm trooper grabs a hand cannon and you see the red blaster fire after you have already turned around.

Last edited:
Where all 4 times had the path not in front of the AT-AT? Meaning the right rooms had the side of the AT-AT track?

Its based on what vehicle you get in for each pair. Blue and Red(the front car when loading) will go up in front of the AT-AT. The Orange and White(the back car when loading) will go up the side.

EDIT: It is random. I hadn't seen a POV with the back going up the side but I did find one.

Last edited:
There's always one, LOL. Sorry it didn't impress you. Its, IMO, better than anything at Disney or Universal right now. Oh well. Can't please everyone.

Have you by any chance ridden Hagrid's yet?

JW

Hagrids > ROTR imho

But opinions are opinions!

The probe droid was not working when I rode on Sunday afternoon. I was pretty confused at the dialogue mentioning a droid and didn't figure out what it was supposed to look like until I watched some POV videos on youtube. Also, I was in the front car, blue I think, and was in front of the AT-AT.

Have you by any chance ridden Hagrid's yet?

JW

Hagrids > ROTR imho

But opinions are opinions!
Until RotR, Hagrid's was my number one attraction in Orlando, I've done RotR 5 times now and going friday for Hagrid's to evaluate with a fresh mind. I think that they are both very different, story wise and ride wise, but both are superb attractions for sure

Its based on what vehicle you get in for each pair. Blue and Red(the front car when loading) will go up in front of the AT-AT. The Orange and White(the back car when loading) will go up the side.

EDIT: It is random. I hadn't seen a POV with the back going up the side but I did find one.
yes, finally got front car (red) and saw the AT AT firing

Until RotR, Hagrid's was my number one attraction in Orlando, I've done RotR 5 times now and going friday for Hagrid's to evaluate with a fresh mind. I think that they are both very different, story wise and ride wise, but both are superb attractions for sure

That's a good way to put it. There are definitely a few things one could have over the other but they are two very different attractions. I just think for those to say 'best ride ever' 'there is nothing better at Disney or Universal' may be a stretch for some opinions, because there are definitely some very unique and cool elements for ROTR but i also have to just bring to play Hagrids' new features and technology. Because even though i have only gone to Disneyland Paris for parks outside of the continental US, I was very impressed by Ratatouille's trackless system so i have just been waiting for WDW to catch up.

All in all i think that there are many elements of ROTR that are amazing/mind blowing/fascinating/well done/any other compliments that exist!
But for me personally:
"Queue": ROTR hands down
Story: ROTR. Even though i am very much in the HP fandom, just preferred one over the other.
Animatronics: Hagrids just because i thought ROTR was a little awkward at times or maybe something just wasn't lining up when i rode
Special effects: ROTR
Thrill: Hagrids
The vehicle in Hagrids >
The rideabilty in Hagrids > (i know some thought it was a little jerky but i mean you are on a 'motorcycle' )

*will wait for the tomatoes to be thrown at me as i get off the stage*

That's a good way to put it. There are definitely a few things one could have over the other but they are two very different attractions. I just think for those to say 'best ride ever' 'there is nothing better at Disney or Universal' may be a stretch for some opinions, because there are definitely some very unique and cool elements for ROTR but i also have to just bring to play Hagrids' new features and technology. Because even though i have only gone to Disneyland Paris for parks outside of the continental US, I was very impressed by Ratatouille's trackless system so i have just been waiting for WDW to catch up.

All in all i think that there are many elements of ROTR that are amazing/mind blowing/fascinating/well done/any other compliments that exist!
But for me personally:
Story: ROTR. Even though i am very much in the HP fandom, just preferred one over the other.
Animatronics: Hagrids just because i thought ROTR was a little awkward at times or maybe something just wasn't lining up when i rode
The vehicle in Hagrids >
The rideabilty in Hagrids > (i know some thought it was a little jerky but i mean you are on a 'motorcycle' )

No tomatoes from me. I always tell my viewers that the awesomeness of these parks is that they give something to everyone and every taste. My mom still says that IASW is the best ride ever :)
Btw my number 3 ride between wdw and uor would be Mummy

Opinions are opinions and I will not argue anyone who doesn't agree this attraction is the best. Heck I'm the one who thinks FoP blows lol.

I used to think Spiderman was the best.

I look forward to trying Hagrids next year and seeing if RotR holds up!

So the entire premise of the ride falls apart with further thought. If we're supposed to be evacuating BSO because of the First Order, why are we returned to BSO after being rescued onboard the Star Destroyer? Obviously, they have to end at BSO as it's just the one land...but unless I missed it, no reason was given for the sudden change in destination. Still an amazing attraction, and there are other attractions with weak premises too.

So the entire premise of the ride falls apart with further thought. If we're supposed to be evacuating BSO because of the First Order, why are we returned to BSO after being rescued onboard the Star Destroyer? Obviously, they have to end at BSO as it's just the one land...but unless I missed it, no reason was given for the sudden change in destination. Still an amazing attraction, and there are other attractions with weak premises too.

I thought the same thing, but we weren't really evacuating, so much as we were being recruited and transported, no? But the real question is, the roaming troopers, first order dudes and Kylo Ren, are they supposed to be wandering the land AFTER your encounter with them or before?

Well I've ignored bigger plot holes before...so not a biggie.

I thought the same thing, but we weren't really evacuating, so much as we were being recruited and transported, no? But the real question is, the roaming troopers, first order dudes and Kylo Ren, are they supposed to be wandering the land AFTER your encounter with them or before?

Well I've ignored bigger plot holes before...so not a biggie.
My take is that we are making an escape from the Star Destroyer in an escape pod (the simulator portion) the escape pod doesn't have the capabilities to go to Pekara (Resistance base) since it's just an escape pod, like the one C3PO and R2D2 took on A New Hope. so that's why we had to be dropped back on Batuu

But for me personally:
The vehicle in Hagrids >

Do you consider the queue for ROTR to begin or end with the first briefing room with Rey? If you consider that the end of the queue, then I consider Hagrids to be better. I’d agree with most of your other points!
On a different note, does anyone think FoP still holds a candle to these?

The fine details are what really make this attraction for me—the cut lines appearing on the wall of the interrogation room as we're being rescued, Kylo's light saber through the ceiling, the damage marks from the blasters... all of those moments had me shook!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter