• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

Also is it jerky like Millennium Force?
Ive never been on Millenium Force, but there is a steep rise of what feels like about 10 feet, and a virtual drop for about two seconds when the escape pod takes off. If you don’t want to perceive the flying sensation in the pod, after the takeoff you can close your eyes and without the visual, it’s quite stable.

the ride itself does jerk you around. About as much as runaway railway does.

I'm a pretty nervous rider, but I didn't find it too bad. I had watched videos and knew when it was coming, which made me feel better although it obviously ruined the ride in some respects. I still screamed the first time and then didn't find it too bad the second time around. It's a straight drop though for a couple seconds.

I was a nervous wreck about the drop too, but in the end, it was not bad at all. I am a chicken when it comes to ToT and you can find me either shopping in the gift shop or sitting outside while the rest of my family rides it because I do not enjoy those types of rides. If I had to guess, the drop is about 10 feet (but of course that is just a guess) and it is over before you know it. ROR is one of my favorite rides now, everything about it is amazing. Good luck.

I was worried about it too, but it’s hardly much of anything. Rather slight, just a small take your breath away feeling. Nothing like ToT , which I do not ride at all anymore.,I can do some coasters, but don’t like drops, especially in the dark !

Millennium Force, the 93MPH giga coaster at Cedar Point? Can’t compare the two attractions.

Ok I need a little enlightening! I am not a Star Wars fan but my grandkids are. Is the current method of "hoping" you can get Rise of Resistance pass, due to Covid or is this the way the ride will be accessed in the future? Planning a trip in the spring of 2022 and am curious.

Ok I need a little enlightening! I am not a Star Wars fan but my grandkids are. Is the current method of "hoping" you can get Rise of Resistance pass, due to Covid or is this the way the ride will be accessed in the future? Planning a trip in the spring of 2022 and am curious.
Boarding groups have been a feature of this attraction since it opened well before Covid.

I remember when you had to be in the park at 7AM to even try for a BG... being in line at the turnstile 5:30AM with a million other people! At least this way you don’t have to be in the park and if you don’t score at 7AM you can try at 1 PM. I’ve had a fair amount of success getting a BG at the earlier time... and when I haven’t, I’ve actually gotten several at the later time.

They may tweak the process some more I but don’t see BG’s going away. I actually think it may be a system they expand as some of the big headliners at Epcot and MK open.

I will be taking my Mom to Galaxy's edge in May. She doesn't do most rides. I know she would love to see the inside of the millenium falcon (holo chess board scene) and she could also experience the ROTR up until you get on the "main" ride after escaping interrogation. Can she leave the experience at those times? Has anyone else done that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter