Riviera and Skyliner question/suggestion

I've never stayed at Riviera, so far, and never really paid attention at the front entrance to EPCOT...is bus transportation an option for Riviera from EPCOT and the Studios?

I've never stayed at Riviera, so far, and never really paid attention at the front entrance to EPCOT...is bus transportation an option for Riviera from EPCOT and the Studios?
No. Not unless the Skyliner is down.

No. Not unless the Skyliner is down.

That's interesting. So if people are afraid of heights or rocking suspended gondolas, they need to connect through another park or Disney Springs. I'm guessing that for people that are afraid of heights, Riviera would be their last choice of resort.

On the other hand, I love gondolas, and I miss the Tomorrowland>Fantasyland skyway.

Last edited:
Supposedly it is. I asked a guest experiences CM standing under a blue umbrella. He said there is a bus that goes from the front of Epcot to Riviera. However, there’s no set schedule. It comes when it comes. Might take awhile. (Yes, even when Skyliner is running.)

Too much of a Poisson process for me right before park closing so I hoofed it to IG and hopped on the Skyliner instead.

That's interesting. So if people are afraid of heights or rocking suspended gondolas, they need to connect through another park or Disney Springs. I'm guessing that for people that are afraid of heights, Riviera would be their last choice of resort.

On the other hand, I love gondol;as, and I miss the Tomorrowland>Fantasyland skyway.
Yeah, or Minnie Van, Uber, etc.

Pre-opening, there was word that they'd run buses about 1x per hour. But I don't see how guests could plan around infrequent, unreliable service. If you tell someone "yeah there's a bus but it could be an hour before it arrives", who is going to wait? Admittedly I haven't monitored the situation regularly but to the best of my knowledge, buses don't run unless the skyliner is down.

There really hasn't been much talk about the "fear factor" since the Skyliner opened. I assume most guests have come to realize it's a safe, reliable form of transport. Or they're staying elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter