Riviera Information - Restaurants, Transportation and Reservations

To clarify, May 16 is first day that non owners can make reservations for Riviera. December 16 is the first day anyone can actually check in and stay there.
Yes, meaning that May 16, 7 months in advance of Dec.16th is first opportunity to make reservation for non owners. Thanks for clarification!

I visited the model while staying at the VGF, and thought the units were nicer than the pictures. The living room feels very spacious with the layout they used for the kitchen. It feels larger than the VGF because the VGF is not totally open between the kitchen and living room. If you want to cook then the VGF would be better because you get more counter space, but the kitchen takes up a lot of the main floor space.

Another important point is that there is more seating at Riviera in the living room. We travel with another couple frequently and the couch at VGF really only seats two unless you're family, plus the chair and then 3 ottomas which aren't great for adults, total - three comfortably, or it gets crowded (if you moved the dining chairs, which we never did.) At Rivier, there is a longer couch which we would put three, two chairs and one could easily turn the dining chairs around to add comfortable seating for six, and there is the banquet bench.

It looks like they got the space for the living room from the bedroom, it is small for a master. My friend and I were wondering if that was the master since it was so small, but then realized that the bed was a king, so it was the master, very small closet too. Nothing special about the bath, similar to VGF.

I am looking forward to staying there in the future.

Hi, I'm wondering what is the standard view room location? I didn't see that information available in the articles about this resort. Maybe I'm missing it?
Pretty much any of the north facing rooms and others with parking lot views. Nominally 25% of the rooms is the best guesstimate.

does anyone know what is included in the "mini kitchenette" in the tower studios. since it's hidden in the wall I can't imagine must. fridge of course. coffee pot? microwave? toaster? plates and utensils? cabinet? sink?

We joined DVC while on a cruise in 2018, and stayed in a 1BR Villa for 10 nights right before COVID at the RR back in 1/20. Had a wonderful time with DD and DSL. The resort is beautiful and its location is really great, except for trans to AK. The bus for AK seemed to take forever to arrive. We want to go back this coming Nov. right after Thanksgiving for 9 nights, but everything seems to be on a waiting list. Is it really going to be that busy or are the rooms just limited? If we can't get room reservations then I guess we'll have to figure out how to change our ticket dates & park reservations. Hope it isn't difficult to do.

We joined DVC while on a cruise in 2018, and stayed in a 1BR Villa for 10 nights right before COVID at the RR back in 1/20. Had a wonderful time with DD and DSL. The resort is beautiful and its location is really great, except for trans to AK. The bus for AK seemed to take forever to arrive. We want to go back this coming Nov. right after Thanksgiving for 9 nights, but everything seems to be on a waiting list. Is it really going to be that busy or are the rooms just limited? If we can't get room reservations then I guess we'll have to figure out how to change our ticket dates & park reservations. Hope it isn't difficult to do.
It's a busy time of year that often requires 11 month booking. At 7 months in the fall there's not going to be a lot of availability. Adding to the normal demand is the fact that a lot of people have more points to use than normal due to not having been able/willing to travel.

Usually right after Thanksgiving the crowds are less. That's what we've found over the past several years. Our 7-month window starts on 4/28 so still hoping to get reservations at RR or BWR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter