Rob & Jan"s Live Trip Report to WDW

What a great start to your trip!!! Can't wait for more!!!

Hello from Vero Beach, the first thing I have to say is they don't have Internet access in the rooms so I am posting this from the veranda where they have wifi access. Its tough its 10pm at night the breeze is blowing in from the ocean I have an adult beverage and I can hear hear the waves breaking on the beach. This place is sooooo laid back it crazy what a great place to decompress. Were looking forward to a couple of days sand and surf. Its about a two hour drive from disney, our room wasn't ready so we tried a local place that was suggested from the boards for lunch Capt. Hirams right on the water and the food was great, we spent the afternoon on the beach and had dinner a Shutters again an excellant meal I had grilled snapper and Jan had a seafood salad. The following are some pics of lunch and the resort. see you tomorrow.
IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

wow looks like heaven!!! can't wait to be there

hope the rest of your trip is as lovely

Love Vero! The beach looks better now then it did last October. They weren't even putting the chairs out on the beach...there wasn't enough beach!

Have you tried the Ocean Grill? Yum.

Enjoy the sun!

OMG! That place looks so amazing and relaxing. I really wish I could afford to do something like that. Thanks so much for sharing that!

Thank you! I loved the Pics of the beach. You made my day!

Sunday April 27th

Another day of sun sand and surf, the weather was beautiful today and the forecast is for more of the same tomorrow. Were going to try and get up early and watch the sunrise over the ocean, its supposed to be spectacular its also at 6:45am, something I'm sure John amd Kevin have never seen. They have a very nice Sunday brunch here which we enjoyed, it includes a glass of champagne, a bloody mary or a mogeeto I cracked up when I ordered it I'm sure the server thought I was nuts, after that it was a relaxing day in the sun tonight were going to go to the Green Cabin Room for some live jazz and a few cocktails. Hope you enjoy the pics.

IMG_0032-1.jpg

IMG_0033-1.jpg

IMG_0034-1.jpg

IMG_0035-1.jpg

IMG_0036-1.jpg

IMG_0037-1.jpg

IMG_0041-1.jpg

IMG_0042-1.jpg

The golf starts on Tues thru Sat back wdw. I still have to nail Bob down to a date. I said I would call him tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear about the golf back at WDW. Look out for the dreaded "Mickey Bunker" ;). Looks like you are having a great time at the ocean.

I am enjoying your trip report so far ! Can't wait to see more pictures !

Hi everyone, were back at WDW trying to cope with Bob's loss I'm not sure I can continue with this trip report it all seems so trivial at the moment I'll try to post more later.

Hi everyone, were back at WDW trying to cope with Bob's loss I'm not sure I can continue with this trip report it all seems so trivial at the moment I'll try to post more later.

Completely understandable...try to hang in there! I know this has really hit home for you as you were so looking forward to your golf date with Bob. Try to go anyway, as it's just seems like that's what he would have wanted you to do. :hug:

I understand if you don't continue with the TR but please enjoy your Trip Bob would have wanted you to have fun just remember to buy a dole whip for him!!

Tomorrow Jan and I are going to play a round of golf, Bob was supposed to be there, but he won't be. We will hopefully be playing by ourselves as there will be many tears. We plan on being at the Gaylord Palms on Sunday. This is going to be the last enrty in our trip report its just to difficult. I know you guys will understand
God bless Bob, his family and friends.

Rob & Jan Skinner

Hey guys....We completely understand. Raise your glasses to Bawb and drain a long putt in his honor.

I perfectly well understand. I also understand that Bob in no way would want to have your trip become a sad event. Remember him with joy, and give our love to his friends and family on the 4th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter