Rock n Roller Coaster reopening

holden

DIS Veteran
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but when I was creating my “Genie Day” in July Rock n Roller Coaster was on the list of attractions for our second DHS day but not the first. I’m assuming it’s reopening the weekend of 7/15.

Last edited:
I saw one report that called for June 3, another that called for July 1. I think everything is speculation at this point. I was hopeful it would reopen for my trip at the end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath. My youngest was really hoping she'd get to finally do it for the first time (now tall enough).

I saw one report that called for June 3, another that called for July 1. I think everything is speculation at this point. I was hopeful it would reopen for my trip at the end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath. My youngest was really hoping she'd get to finally do it for the first time (now tall enough).
I read these same two articles. Also, one of them said there would be a complete re-theming, replacing Aerosmith with another band, while the other said it is just for maintenance.

When I initially booked our July 4 week trip it wasn’t on the calendar as being closed. They added it later so I would not fully trust things initially

I just checked the app and it is listed as closed through all days that have operating hours. I think they are sometimes just slow adding closures when they release hours

Dang! We leave on Tuesday. DD loves it and I hate it. It scares me. Thought I could get out of riding this trip.

We've heard its been down for work, then I think opened up again, then closed...?
Is this related to safety concerns or what else?
TIA!

It went down for a lengthy planned refurbishment a few months ago that was supposed to last until/through summer but it soft reopened yesterday. It’s still not showing as available on MDE but guests were riding yesterday.

Not sure if it’s open today, it’s not listed among the ride times on the app and so far not seeing any posts on social media about it.

Thanks, yes I saw that- do you know what the issues have been? Basically, am I going to want my kids on it lol??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter