ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder if they're going after large contracts now because they can change the use year and split the contracts. So they can get a 200 pt contract for $114 a point and sell that to 4 people who want to add on 50 points direct. I see there are a lot of small direct contracts on the orange county deed website lately. It costs them less than paying $140/pt for four 50 point contracts. Just a thought. But the amount of time they're taking to decide they're going to buy it is obscene.

Finally!!! Yay!

amytaylor6---$146-$31483-200-BCV-Dec-0/17, 200/18, 200/19, 200/20- sent 4/3, passed 4/22

I realize we may have paid a little higher price per point than needed to pass (but who knows!)...My hubby said this was going to be our last try so I figured go big or (we don't get to) go Home. So excited! Finally got our second Home at BCV (after previously buying 100 points direct at PVB).

Sending lots of good thoughts and Pixie Dust to everyone still waiting! Thank you all for your support and encouragement...this has been a long and bumpy road...so much better with Disney friends!

Still have to get through the closing process...we do have First American as the title company but they sent all of the initial information pretty quickly so I am hoping for a smooth process.

Shawn Ray with Fidelity was/is our broker on this one. She has been wonderful and very responsive! Our first try was with DVC Resale Market (Karen Guyder) & our second try was with Fidelity (Bonnie Krampe)....third time was a charm but I honestly had very positive experiences with each of these ladies and would gladly work with any of them again! (Although I don't think DH will let us buy any more DVC contracts right now, lol!)

amytaylor6---$146-$31483-200-BCV-Dec-0/17, 200/18, 200/19, 200/20- sent 4/3, passed 4/22

Congrats!!

I'm starting to wonder if they're going after large contracts now because they can change the use year and split the contracts. So they can get a 200 pt contract for $114 a point and sell that to 4 people who want to add on 50 points direct. I see there are a lot of small direct contracts on the orange county deed website lately. It costs them less than paying $140/pt for four 50 point contracts. Just a thought. But the amount of time they're taking to decide they're going to buy it is obscene.

Agree. It's very easy for them to just get a block of points in one transaction and break them up. Given that...it shouldn't be taking them that long to make the decision...

cabloom---$140-$33459-230-BLT-Feb-0/18, 74/19, 230/20, 230/21- sent 3/6, taken 4/22

I was hopeful - they can’t take them all ... but they took this one. Oh well, if at first you don’t succeed...

Sorry to hear that. As you mentioned they can't take them all. Hopefully you have more luck with the next one.
When your next contract passes you will retrospectively see that it was a good call by Disney to ROFR it as you new and passed contract was even better than the first :-)

Finally!!! Yay!

I realize we may have paid a little higher price per point than needed to pass (but who knows!)...My hubby said this was going to be our last try so I figured go big or (we don't get to) go Home. So excited! Finally got our second Home at BCV (after previously buying 100 points direct at PVB).

Sending lots of good thoughts and Pixie Dust to everyone still waiting! Thank you all for your support and encouragement...this has been a long and bumpy road...so much better with Disney friends!

Still have to get through the closing process...we do have First American as the title company but they sent all of the initial information pretty quickly so I am hoping for a smooth process.

Shawn Ray with Fidelity was/is our broker on this one. She has been wonderful and very responsive! Our first try was with DVC Resale Market (Karen Guyder) & our second try was with Fidelity (Bonnie Krampe)....third time was a charm but I honestly had very positive experiences with each of these ladies and would gladly work with any of them again! (Although I don't think DH will let us buy any more DVC contracts right now, lol!)

Congrats.

When using First American I hope you have a lot of patience as they take 3-4 weeks sending out the closing docs. Other companies only uses a few days. I know their slowness tested me.

Yes now they can just ROFR any contracts and apply a new UY as well as break up the contracts into smaller bits.

Starting to wonder if that will eventually mean that smaller contracts will go down in price as Disney wont ROFR them as they dont need them to fulfill direct requests.

Congrats.

When using First American I hope you have a lot of patience as they take 3-4 weeks sending out the closing docs. Other companies only uses a few days. I know their slowness tested me.

Thank you for the congrats and the heads up. I noticed that a lot of people mentioned that First American took much longer than other title companies.

When we bought direct, they used First American and everything moved at lightening speed...but I'm guessing the direct closings take first priority and may lead to longer waits for resale.

Still trying to optimistically hope for the best but it is good to have my expectations in check. (In reality, I know it will be difficult to be patient as I would really like to use some of those points this fall, but I am trying to look at the positive side that we finally got our BCV contract!)

Thanks again! :thanks:

It seems to me that the contracts they let pass, pass in about 2-3 weeks.. does that necessarily mean if you wait over 3 weeks it will be taken by Disney?

It seems to me that the contracts they let pass, pass in about 2-3 weeks.. does that necessarily mean if you wait over 3 weeks it will be taken by Disney?

Its not given by default that Disney will take it if takes longer than 2-3 weeks. However if the past(2019) is a guideline for the future then Disney has taken longer time to decide on contracts which they ended up taking.

Shawn Miller---$106-$27916-240-AKV-Oct-0/17, 6/18, 240/19, 240/20- sent 4/23

This is our second go around, first time:

$104-$22,880-220-AKV-Jun-0/17, 0/18, 308/19, 220/20- sent 3/1, Taken 4/19

I didn't post these details here on that contract.
Good Luck!
AKV contracts hard to get passed (usually).

I tracked the results of contracts in the January through March thread.

By far the most common timeframe to pass was in the 27th-29th day range.

The 8th-10th day range was the second most common.

Once it gets past 30 days of waiting, the odds of passing significantly dropped but it still wasn't a done deal. Those who waited over 30 days still passed about 25% of the time.

I tracked the results of contracts in the January through March thread.

By far the most common timeframe to pass was in the 27th-29th day range.

The 8th-10th day range was the second most common.

Once it gets past 30 days of waiting, the odds of passing significantly dropped but it still wasn't a done deal. Those who waited over 30 days still passed about 25% of the time.

Hey RamblinWreck,
Am I correct that your analysis is based on the date the contract was sent to Disney rather than the date that Disney sent it to the ROFR folks? I only ask because my currently O/S AKV contract was held back about 9 days from the date Disney received it until Disney sent it to their ROFR department, and my other outstanding contract, SSR, was similarly held back from the ROFR department.
Since there we don't include the date contracts are actually sent to the ROFR folks, I'm pretty sure of your answer but thought I would ask just in case.
Thanks!

cabloom---$140-$33459-230-BLT-Feb-0/18, 74/19, 230/20, 230/21- sent 3/6, taken 4/22

I was hopeful - they can’t take them all ... but they took this one. Oh well, if at first you don’t succeed...
Bummer. They have taken so many BLT contracts recently, including one of mine that was priced at $135 per point. I'm currently waiting on another that's priced at $145 per point. Hoping that's enough to get through but who knows!

$85.5-$3402-30-OKW-Oct-0/17, 0/18, 60/19, 30/20- sent 2/19, passed 4/23 International Seller

FINALLY! This is Day 64 so don't anyone give up hope that you may pass... I didn't get any explanation, though of course, I asked, other than the fact that it was so far past a reasonable ROFR. Persistence and yes, patience. Good luck to all those waiting for news and many thanks for support! pixiedust:

$85.5-$3402-30-OKW-Oct-0/17, 0/18, 60/19, 30/20- sent 2/19, passed 4/23 International Seller

FINALLY! This is Day 64 so don't anyone give up hope that you may pass... I didn't get any explanation, though of course, I asked, other than the fact that it was so far past a reasonable ROFR. Persistence and yes, patience. Good luck to all those waiting for news and many thanks for support! pixiedust:

Wow, definitely worth the wait for you. Great contract.

I’m surprised you had such a long wait as I thought that they typically passed on international seller contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter