ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t think I’d be back anytime soon but here we go again! I bought last year when a lot was being taken by ROFR so spent a whole lot more than things are going for now and couldn’t resist all the deals I’ve been seeing! I was really trying for 110/pt or slightly under but after quite a few denials ended up with this one. Still very excited!

Tonks44---$114-$18935-150-BWV-Feb-0/22, 150/23, 150/24- sent 5/20

After closing on VGF last week, we are now within $10/pt from seller’s counter on another contract…but they want a delayed close in the fall. When there’s a delayed close, do you go through ROFR immediately or do you have to wait until after they complete their trip? I don’t mind waiting to close but I am a little worried that ROFR could theoretically return by Sept if the economy improves.

After closing on VGF last week, we are now within $10/pt from seller’s counter on another contract…but they want a delayed close in the fall. When there’s a delayed close, do you go through ROFR immediately or do you have to wait until after they complete their trip? I don’t mind waiting to close but I am a little worried that ROFR could theoretically return by Sept if the economy improves.
You will go through ROFR like you normally do, as fast or slow as everyone else. So you get your reply within approx 30 days after submitting it.

If Disney pass on ROFR then all you need to do is wait until the date of the late closing.

While it's possible that they did exercise ROFR on those contracts, it seems more likely that those points came through foreclosure and not through ROFR.
Speaking of foreclosures, can anyone buy those these days or no? Looks like in the past there was a chance you could buy a foreclosure despite the ROFR process....

Just today I received an email from dvcbyresale.com that my current offer was my 13th offer and none had been accepted so far🙃
The mail goes on about sellers only considers offers $5-$10 less than asking.😂

Seems to me that either the broker or their sellers are living in a fairytale world.

Anyone else tried receiving a similar mail?

Last edited:
Just today I received an email from dvcbyresale.com that my current offer was the 13th one and none had been accepted so far🙃

Seems to me that either the broker or their sellers are living in a fairytale world.

If after 13 offers the seller has not accepted one, then they do not understand what the value of their contract is. The broker should advise the seller of such, but they can only do what the seller asks.
On another broker site, where you need to create an account to make an offer, it would not allow me to proceed, telling me the offer was too low. That is a way of getting around not presenting all offers to the seller.

Speaking of foreclosures, can anyone buy those these days or no? Looks like in the past there was a chance you could buy a foreclosure despite the ROFR process....
I was just looking into this because I though it might be better than trying to negotiate with sellers that don't seem to budging much.

From what I can tell looking at March and April comps, Disney is buying most of the foreclosures and a few are going to private buyers. But the ones that sold to private buyers seem to have sold for a much higher price than what they might have gotten on the resale market.

I am not savvy with the foreclosure process and feel a bit overwhelmed/intimidated by all the unknowns,(potentially a couple years of unpaid dues that would have to be paid by the new owner, or liens on the property) so I have not tried to purchase a foreclosure.

There are threads on this site where people have given their experience on the process and have valuable tips if one decides to try buying a foreclosure.

Just today I received an email from dvcbyresale.com that my current offer was the 13th one and none had been accepted so far🙃

Is their asking way higher than the average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter