ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people say they're going to sell points on a stacked contract, what do they mean? They will rent out those points?

Why would it be unrealistic? Loaded SSR contracts are selling under $90, what’s realistic about expecting a stripped contract to go much above it?
But the average price is $108, for contracts three or four times this one’s size. Even with it being stripped, the seller was ultimately asking for just a little over 15% more. Doesn’t seem monumentally unreasonable to me.

Though the deals on these boards are often sensational, most buyers are not as savvy as we are here, which is good for all of us down the line should we ever sell. I just don’t think it’s worth getting indignant over a seller who isn’t willing to negotiate over a lowball offer for a hard to find low point contract.

That might be us in the future!

I just don’t think it’s worth getting indignant over a seller who isn’t willing to negotiate over a lowball offer for a hard to find low point contract.
It didn't seem to me that Kpeterso was getting indignant - they simply walked away knowing the seller wouldn't get close to a number they as buyer wanted to pay.

I wouldn't be too interested in paying a premium for a stripped contract.

🤷‍♂️ could be much worse, I get 400 points in June which reduces the cost of one contract by 60-75% when the points are sold. It’s a shame but it’s still a great deal at 113 per point
What do you mean sell the points? rent them? Is that easy to do? I'm intrigued.

But the average price is $108, for contracts three or four times this one’s size. Even with it being stripped, the seller was ultimately asking for just a little over 15% more. Doesn’t seem monumentally unreasonable to me.

Though the deals on these boards are often sensational, most buyers are not as savvy as we are here, which is good for all of us down the line should we ever sell. I just don’t think it’s worth getting indignant over a seller who isn’t willing to negotiate over a lowball offer for a hard to find low point contract.

It didn't seem to me that Kpeterso was getting indignant - they simply walked away knowing the seller wouldn't get close to a number they as buyer wanted to pay.

I wouldn't be too interested in paying a premium for a stripped contract.

I was not indignant at all. I just knew that we were too far apart to come to an agreement. I bought a 50 point SSR contract last year for $131 a point. The prices have dropped. There was no way I would have paid about $110 a point for the small stripped contract. I honestly did not care either way - I was always planning on VDH as my next purchase, but if I could find a good deal on a small SSR or AKV, I was willing to take a shot. It seems that contract is now off the broker's site, so I guess they found someone more willing to meet them on price than myself.

I swear that you must be a broker from your comments on the dvc pages. 108 is not that average. I admit that the screenshot below is probably below average pricing but.. here are the most recent waiting on ROFF reported on this site.

1683830966325.png

FFMickey---$253-$42749-160-VGC-Aug-0/22, 320/23, 160/24- sent 4/18, passed 5/11

Just got word that we passed ROFR! Once we rent out the banked 2022 points, our price per point will come down to $235. We settled at a higher price per point because it had banked 22 points and was in our UY.
Congrats— are you planning rent your points here or through a broker? 👀

well according to dvcresalemarket.com, the average contract for SSR in April was $108. Granted that is just for their sales.
Fidelity has average at $100.50 specifically for small size contracts…then you have to consider they stripped out about $40/pt of value… so it’s not the person looking to buy at $90 who is unreasonable.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that the board sponsor holds a lot of contracts themselves, which, if true, certainly can help explain why they want prices to remain high. There was talk yesterday on the DVC Fan facebook group of a VGC contract that sold quickly at $300/point, when I clicked, that listing appeared to be one that the board sponsor owned.

I swear that you must be a broker from your comments on the dvc pages. 108 is not that average. I admit that the screenshot below is probably below average pricing but.. here are the most recent waiting on ROFF reported on this site.

View attachment 760035

Someone has recently pulled the actual sales numbers and they are indeed higher, on average on what we see on the board.

IMO, An unrealistic prices is something that the buyer and seller view differently.

What is unrealistic for you may not be for me..granted, price will determine how long a contract sits.

There are so many contracts that eventually a buyer will find a seller and a seller will find a buyer who have the same expectation for price.

View attachment 760035
No…I promise I’m not a broker! I just went to the board sponsor’s blog for my info. I don’t think they’re fudging the numbers, and they sell a ton of contracts, but of course the data is only derived from their sales.
I’ve actually never sold a contract. If I do, though, I’d use a site with as high an average as I could find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter