ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an update on my mystery title company (dvcclosings.com)— so far they are awesome. This morning I woke up to an email from Lynn with all the information i asked about Friday afternoon after clearing ROFR. She said that the documents would be arriving shortly and she’d check with seller if they could close by Wednesday (as in 48 hours from now and 3 biz days from closing). She had my contract to me less than an hour later, and then this afternoon confirmed they are all set with seller to close Wednesday if I can wire the balance (need to move it from MMA to checking to escrow company) tomorrow. She also responded to my follow up email confirming the points in the account within an hour. I didn’t ask about Cammy because so far Lynn is amazing and I don’t want to insult her by asking about her new (maybe) colleague—but I promise to ask on Wednesday (and update how it goes)! 🤞

I really do wonder whether some of the smaller title companies are able to be amazing b/c of their smaller size and handling less contracts. Presumably outfits like Magic Vacation Title because they are well known and more often used by the bigger brokers just don't have a chance to get as on top of things.

I really do wonder whether some of the smaller title companies are able to be amazing b/c of their smaller size and handling less contracts. Presumably outfits like Magic Vacation Title because they are well known and more often used by the bigger brokers just don't have a chance to get as on top of things.
I find that good communication from the closing/title company is key, since the waiting period AFTER ROFR is the hardest IMO. My last experience with a small company like timeshare title was really good because they had an online status tracker where the buyer can log in and see for themselves all the actions that were being taken everyday. And if days passed without any updates, they were good about responding to my email or phone inquiry.

I find that good communication from the closing/title company is key, since the waiting period AFTER ROFR is the hardest IMO. My last experience with a small company like timeshare title was really good because they had an online status tracker where the buyer can log in and see for themselves all the actions that were being taken everyday. And if days passed without any updates, they were good about responding to my email or phone inquiry.
Do you know how much timeshare title allows you to put on a credit card for deposit?

Do you know how much timeshare title allows you to put on a credit card for deposit?
sorry, I don't remember. I bought the contract through Fidelity and the title company was assigned to me. I didn't know anything about them. But it turned out to be my best closing experience. And I've used Mason and one other I don't remember.

I wonder if you’re getting the copy contract to the one I have sent to ROFR… lol there was more than one!
Yes we are. There were three of them. They are great contacts and we couldn't pass it up. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.

Bambi19---$99-$21640-210-OKW(E)-Apr-0/22, 313/23, 210/24, 210/25- sent 4/24, passed 5/16
Ours was sent 4/21 and I checked with the broker today and she said they don't go in order. I'm assuming date received order. Does anyone have any idea what order they do it?

Ours was sent 4/21 and I checked with the broker today and she said they don't go in order. I'm assuming date received order. Does anyone have any idea what order they do it?
Since 2018, I've bought a couple of resale contracts and watched these threads during the process... and they don't seem to go in any specific order. It's a bit frustrating. There is a general timeline, like right now it seems to be 3 weeks or so. But some take less and some take a lot longer.

That's great, we sent our on 4/25. Hoping we get the email soon as well
I had one sent on 4 / 25 also. I don't want to jinx it but maybe we'll hear back tomorrow or the next day.... I feel like they ROFR like two or three times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter