• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Congrats!

Has anybody determined the actual contract size of the ones that have been taken? If Disney has transaction costs, they might actually prefer to take bigger ones. 🤔
Interesting but I don’t think Disney has any transaction costs that I can think of unless I’m wrong.

They would have in-house team that handles titling for new contracts, they’d likely use that team so closing costs would be minimal.

In my case, I had full 2024 points which means Disney would have to pay 2024 dues for points that aren’t currently being sold so they have to pay those dues and run the risk the clock runs out before they can sell (which is reasonably possible). I’m surprised they took my contract still because of that fact.

Interesting but I don’t think Disney has any transaction costs that I can think of unless I’m wrong.

They would have in-house team that handles titling for new contracts, they’d likely use that team so closing costs would be minimal.

In my case, I had full 2024 points which means Disney would have to pay 2024 dues for points that aren’t currently being sold so they have to pay those dues and run the risk the clock runs out before they can sell (which is reasonably possible). I’m surprised they took my contract still because of that fact.
They may or may not have to pay dues once they reacquire, depending on the entity that is reacquiring and whether they reacquired points are treated as still issued or reabsorbed into an unissued pot. Also presumably they could sell the rooms represented by the current points for cash. I don’t think either of those should be a real issue for them.

Disney doesn’t pay dues on the points they own. They only have to cover any shortfall in the budget that occurs.

Now, if they were reimbursing the seller for the dues, that would be the only cost to them because you are correct, they do it all in house.

Disney doesn’t pay dues on the points they own. They only have to cover any shortfall in the budget that occurs.

Now, if they were reimbursing the seller for the dues, that would be the only cost to them because you are correct, they do it all in house.
Are you sure about that? I'm President of my HOA and the Developer has to pay dues on any unsold homes to the Association. I will admit, I am not as educated in the Condo Association financials but each condo is basically assigned a due amount. If Disney owns a certain number of points and has them in their inventory, whether available for sale or rent, I would think they absolutely would pay dues on their share of points owned. I would like to see if this has been explained somewhere I can go research and learn......

Are you sure about that? I'm President of my HOA and the Developer has to pay dues on any unsold homes to the Association. I will admit, I am not as educated in the Condo Association financials but each condo is basically assigned a due amount. If Disney owns a certain number of points and has them in their inventory, whether available for sale or rent, I would think they absolutely would pay dues on their share of points owned. I would like to see if this has been explained somewhere I can go research and learn......
It’s stated in the DVC legal documents somewhere. Whether it’s because these are timeshares as opposed to full time homes I don’t know, but that’s been the situation since DVC began.

Yes. DVD offers a developer guarantee each year that owners won’t be charged more than the estimated dues amount approved.

In exchange for that guarantee, they are not required to pay dues on the points they own. It obviously works out in their favor as they do it every year.

Here is the language from RIV:

1712026667157.png

Congrats. I saw this yesterday and was seriously tempted by BWV at $105 with an extra year’s points, at BWV, that’s basically knocking another $25-40 off the per point cost. 😀

Good luck to everyone waiting on VGF and PVB this month!
Thanks! I had been looking for a while and was pretty excited when I saw this one pop up. Good things come to those who wait! :flower:

Now waiting again. This whole process is an exercise of patience! LOL

It’s stated in the DVC legal documents somewhere. Whether it’s because these are timeshares as opposed to full time homes I don’t know, but that’s been the situation since DVC began.

Yes. DVD offers a developer guarantee each year that owners won’t be charged more than the estimated dues amount approved.

In exchange for that guarantee, they are not required to pay dues on the points they own. It obviously works out in their favor as they do it every year.

View attachment 847405
Thank you both - much appreciated.

Just found out that my Poly contract passed ROFR ...

BeachGuy---$150-$16161-100-PVB-Dec-0/22, 0/23, 64/24, 100/25- sent 3/13, passed 4/1

Congrats!

Has anybody determined the actual contract size of the ones that have been taken? If Disney has transaction costs, they might actually prefer to take bigger ones. 🤔
The ones taken on 3/30 were 200 and 400 points, both at $125pp.
So the one that passed today was a higher price and lower points. Probably not as interesting to Disney.

View attachment 847405

View attachment 847405
I would think this would have only been intended for points of a new resort which have never been sold and not for points bought back in ROFR.

I would think this would have only been intended for points of a new resort which have never been sold and not for points bought back in ROFR.

It’s not. It’s for any they own. They are not required to do it and can stop at any time.

If they did, any shortfall that occurs would fall on owners to cover. And, to clarify, it is only for points that have been declared within the association. Until units are declared, or in the case of CFW, activated for use under the resort use plan, DVD is responpsihlr for the costs.

To bring back to this thread, which we should really keep to ROFR stats for ease, who pays dues just may be one of those “flags” that gets a contract looked at closer.

I have seen several mentions on the previous ROFR thread where people expressed some regret because they felt they had a pretty good purchase only to see lower bids and question themselves.

I wanted to give some actual deals that are being posted on SSR which I currently am tracking the most.

Yesterday showed 8 resale deeds registered. They were for point totals from 25 to 315 points. The average contract was 145 points, and the average price was $106.

There was one contract of 160 points for $83.125. The other 7 contracts were all $100 or higher. The largest contract of 315 points went for $110.00 per point.

If you limit the analysis to only contracts with points between 100-200 the average cost was $102. The 4 contracts between 150-200 the average cost was $103.

A cursory review of the other WDW resorts leads me to believe you would find similar results in comparison to the exceptional deals posted here.

I have seen several mentions on the previous ROFR thread where people expressed some regret because they felt they had a pretty good purchase only to see lower bids and question themselves.

I wanted to give some actual deals that are being posted on SSR which I currently am tracking the most.

Yesterday showed 8 resale deeds registered. They were for point totals from 25 to 315 points. The average contract was 145 points, and the average price was $106.

There was one contract of 160 points for $83.125. The other 7 contracts were all $100 or higher. The largest contract of 315 points went for $110.00 per point.

If you limit the analysis to only contracts with points between 100-200 the average cost was $102. The 4 contracts between 150-200 the average cost was $103.

A cursory review of the other WDW resorts leads me to believe you would find similar results in comparison to the exceptional deals posted here.

Where do you see this information ?

DisneyLad---$142-$23242-150-PVB-Dec-0/22, 150/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 3/5, passed 4/1

Excited for our 1st DVC contract. We were on pins and needles waiting after we saw some of the PVB contracts taken last week by Disney, but got our good news yesterday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter